Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having a terrible time finding canned pate style cat food here.
Yup THAT'S the one. My cats make too much of a mess with the bits or shreds. Also, my old girl has to much trouble with anything but pate. Ramen is another one I'm having trouble finding. For me, not the cats. It's my guilty pleasure. Ramen with homemade Kimchi. I know it's probably not the best for me with all the salt.

I'm no Baker but I was going to say my fav brownies I've eaten had walnuts in them, and I see this recipe has walnuts.
Not sure what type of brownie you like, but Hersheys Cocoa used to have a recipe on the side of the cannister that were REALLY good. They were more of the cake type of brownie. One year when my son was in grade school (in his 30's now) I must have made close to 9 dozen brownies for a bake sale they were having. I was that mom who didn't work and had lots of time to bake for bake sales and volunteer in the classroom. Until my kids got old enough to no longer think it was cool to have mom at school. <Sigh> I miss those days sometimes.

My cat will not eat wet food at all. I adopted her from a friend who moved into assisted living and couldn’t keep her, and I guess she had always eaten kibble. I buy Blue Buffalo indoor health dry food and have had no problems finding it.

My cat will not eat wet food at all. I adopted her from a friend who moved into assisted living and couldn’t keep her, and I guess she had always eaten kibble. I buy Blue Buffalo indoor health dry food and have had no problems finding it.
I used to only do dry, but as some of them got older it seemed easier for them to eat canned. I couldn't just give one of them canned so now they have dry in their dishes almost all day and a little bit of canned twice a day.

I used to make cat food in the Instant Pot with chicken thighs, then put then in the food processor with a cat food additive. And froze it in ice cube trays for portions.
I made crockpot dog food for several years for our two older dogs who have since passed, my Yorkie was 15 1/2 and my Border Collie was 17.

Probably the last three years of their lives I made a crockpot full of dog food once a week and divided it into single serve containers.

Attachments

• 46179BB0-1FDD-47BD-B713-F2754A1F597C.jpeg
    46179BB0-1FDD-47BD-B713-F2754A1F597C.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 26
Is everyone ready for their Super Bowl gathering? DH and I went to Ninos' yesterday for last minute items that we needed for game day. I decided against a second hot appetizer that required precious oven space and opted for shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce. DH took care of peeling, cooking, and mashing potatoes. Chili cheese dip will need to be reheated, but it is tasty and will go nicely with tortilla chips. I assembled a salad with Romaine, mixed greens, cucumber, red onion, and gorgeous heirloom tomatoes. Prime Rib gets rubbed with butter and Montreal Steak Seasoning that will create wonderful drippings for individual Yorkshire puddings and gravy. Nino's had a nice selection of game day and Valentine's Day cupcakes, so that's what we're having for dessert. It's snowing pretty hard at the moment, and I hope everyone who has to drive somewhere will be safe.

Are you doing anything special for Valentine's Day? I found out last week that Picano's will be open even though they are usually closed on Monday. We typically don't go out to dinner on Valentine's Day because restaurants are crowded, and servers are expected to turn tables as quickly as possible to accommodate diners - mostly parties of two. The experience turns out to be anything but a special romantic dinner for two. We'll to Picano's later in the week. I plan to make mushroom barley soup with the beef bones and leftover meat from today's dinner.

Happy Super Bowl day! @BetteDavisEyes , your dinner sounds amazing. So very fancy. We are having some friends over for the game. On the menu is: Buffalo cauliflower wings, carrot and celery sticks, chips and dips of several sorts, shrimp cocktail, vegan bbq meatballs, and smoked salmon. There will be other foods coming as it is pot luck.
Go Rams!
On Valentine’s Day, Mr Pirate and I will take my mom out to dinner. Somewhere fancy!
Ps, I agree about restaurants and Valentines Day but mom insisted!

I think I missed the puppy bowl. I misunderstood and thought it was at 11am. Then saw it was at 2pm. But I was wrapped up in my gardening stuff and forgot. Oh well. No super bowl food or party here.

My oldest is making strawberry bread for their “ Galentine Party “ this week. All the gals, or ladies, get together for an evening. I used to have to use egg substitute but now we can use real eggs. So that gave her pause when she was reading the recipe. I told her it will be very popular!

Attachments

• 98E64EE0-D5F8-4553-BF86-5730EB627E59.jpeg
    98E64EE0-D5F8-4553-BF86-5730EB627E59.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics