Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only been to Morton's once - about 12 years ago. I don't recall specifically that I had the creamed spinach, but I'm guessing that I probably did because that was before my lactose intolerance kicked in :( I did take a few bites of DH's creamed spinach when we went to Ruth's Chris in October.

Ruth's Chris Steak House Creamed Spinach Recipe - Food.com

O/T: Are you moved into your new digs yet?

Yep, we are officially moved. I love our new space. My new kitchen is too beautiful to cook in, so we may be doing take out for awhile.

BBM--Ha ha, that was my reaction too!

I guess I'll stick to regular meatloaf (with ground beef), which DH loves.

Have you tried turkey meatloaf? Since I perfected various turkey meatloaf recipes, DH doesn't mind not having regular meatloaf made with beef or a combination of beef/pork/veal.

Last night I made the famous New York Times stew (#thestew) that apparently nearly broke the internet back in March because it was so popular. Not that many ingredients and they are things you are likely to already have in your cupboards, so handy if the fridge is a bit bare in between grocery shopping runs. It is very rich and creamy (I added some more chilli and lime for an extra kick). I thought it was really delicious and will definitely make it regularly from now on. It is vegan if you don't add the yoghurt at the end to serve.

Spiced Chickpea Stew With Coconut and Turmeric Recipe
I would love to try this but I got a message that I need to subscribe to view the recipe.

Have you tried turkey meatloaf? Since I perfected various turkey meatloaf recipes, DH doesn't mind not having regular meatloaf made with beef or a combination of beef/pork/veal.

No, but I would like to try that. I do have some ground pork in the freezer that I could use alone or in combo with another ground meat. So far I have not seen any ground turkey at our Farmers Market or I would have bought some.

No, but I would like to try that. I do have some ground pork in the freezer that I could use alone or in combo with another ground meat. So far I have not seen any ground turkey at our Farmers Market or I would have bought some.

This is a basic turkey meatloaf that I have made many times. I don't use 5# ground turkey and simply reduce the amount of the other ingredients. For the two of us, I usually use a pound and a half of ground turkey for a standard loaf pan. The recipe is great for turkey meatballs, too.
Turkey Meatloaf Recipe | Ina Garten | Food Network

Here is another fabulous turkey meatloaf recipe that I've shared previously.
Turkey Meatloaf with Feta and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe | Giada De Laurentiis | Food Network

Last edited:
9 Lucky New Year’s Food Traditions - HISTORY

From black-eyed peas to lentils to soba noodles, these foods and others are believed to bring good luck in the new year.

Champagne, noise makers and confetti are all New Year’s Eve staples. But, in some parts of the country and the world, so are black-eyed peas, lentils, grapes and pickled herring. Hailing from the Low Country of South Carolina to Japanese noodle houses to Pennsylvania Dutch homes, these are seven lucky dishes traditionally eaten around the New Year to bring good fortune...

9 Lucky New Year’s Food Traditions - HISTORY

From black-eyed peas to lentils to soba noodles, these foods and others are believed to bring good luck in the new year.

Champagne, noise makers and confetti are all New Year’s Eve staples. But, in some parts of the country and the world, so are black-eyed peas, lentils, grapes and pickled herring. Hailing from the Low Country of South Carolina to Japanese noodle houses to Pennsylvania Dutch homes, these are seven lucky dishes traditionally eaten around the New Year to bring good fortune...
I may just try them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member