For Sleuthers In Florida

CaliKid

Former Member
Reaction score
I live in southern California where news about Caylee Anthony and tot mom-ster KC faded early on. Except for Nancy Grace, and few people I know watch her, there is literally nothing in our news about this case.

So I have a few questions for those of you who live in Florida and particularly in or near Orlando. I am NOT asking for the opinions of those of you here at WS. I would like information about the population at large- people you talk to around town who know about Caylee's disappearance.

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee- dead or alive?

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death?

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence?

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder?

Thanks for answering.

This is interesting. I would also like to know what the "locals" say about the case, or would that be in the rumor thread? I do find it particularly interesting that we have not really heard from people who know the A family, either socially, through work, school, or neighbors, etc.

Hi. I live in Daytona Beach, about an hour from Casey. This is also my first post!

Most people I have spoken to believe she is not with us anymore.

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death?
This varies. Most people I have spoken to have no idea, they just know Casey is responsible.

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence?
They are not popular people around here, especially lately. I think people had sympathy for them at the beginning, but that is almost gone.

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder?
Not in Orlando, that's for sure. I would move. Canada may be far enough.

This is interesting. I would also like to know what the "locals" say about the case, or would that be in the rumor thread? I do find it particularly interesting that we have not really heard from people who know the A family, either socially, through work, school, or neighbors, etc.

With a case of this magnitude you are right...you'd think you would hear something. But I am here in Ohio.... Very interesting questions. I hope there are response. I know when we had the Cutt's case here that is all the talk was about.

I live in southern California where news about Caylee Anthony and tot mom-ster KC faded early on. Except for Nancy Grace, and few people I know watch her, there is literally nothing in our news about this case.

So I have a few questions for those of you who live in Florida and particularly in or near Orlando. I am NOT asking for the opinions of those of you here at WS. I would like information about the population at large- people you talk to around town who know about Caylee's disappearance.

Thanks for answering.

I am 45 minutes away and have been over to Orlando to participate in the searching. Just in passing conversation, with neighbors and co-workers, the general feeling is that Caylee is deceased.

Yes, they feel KC is guilty but don't speculate as to how she may be found on charges in the court but most feel it was premeditated.

The family, I don't hear much about them except the conflicting statements.

No, the Anthony's will never live this down whether she is found guilty or not. Too much has happened. If they want to find any kind of a normal life again, (not too sure they ever had one), they need to get as far away from here as they can.

I live north of Orlando, outside of Gainesville. My answers are below in bold.

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee- dead or alive? Dead

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death? They believe KC did it.

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence?They believe the family is covering for KC.

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder?I believe that they will never live this down whether she is convicted or not. I don't believe that it would have stuck with them as much if they had been more honest instead of seeming like they are covering for KC

Thanks for answering.

With a case of this magnitude you are right...you'd think you would hear something. But I am here in Ohio.... Very interesting questions. I hope there are response. I know when we had the Cutt's case here that is all the talk was about.

But at least Bobby told where she was buried................. KC will not say a word.

Thanks for answering.

I live in Orlando FL. We talk about this case pretty much everyday at work.

1. I think Caylee is dead
2. I think KC is guilty of murder.
3. I think pretty much everyone in the community, not so much hates, but more frustrated at the family.
4. I dont think the family will live it down, no one likes a murder let alone a baby killer.

Great thread. It's interesting to read what the locals think.

I live west of Orlando in Polk County (about 30 mins).

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee - In the beginning I thought she might be alive and someone took her but now unfortunately I know she is in a better place.

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death? Everyone who I talked to hope she rots in h*ll or gets the same treatment she gave Caylee

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence? No one likes them in my opinion especially thier neighbors. They are costing us taxpayers alot of money by not helping in the investigation

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder? I think the Anthony's will always be known for this circus and what they did or didn't do to poor Caylee. Once this is over (if it is ever) they will not be able to walk around Orlando without being harassed. They do not know how many people dispise them right now

Thanks for answering.

im about 45 minutes north of casey.

1- Everyone I speak to believes she is passed
2- we think Casey defently is guilty of murder
3- is disgusted by them.
4- They will never live this down and I See them moving and basically will go into "hiding" so to speak.

Great thread. I also live in Orlando - on the Southwest side of town (as a reference, the Anthony's live on the Southeast side of town). I have been following this case about from the beginning and have been on the first TES search in our city.

The general feeling is that Caylee is dead. I hate to have written that but those are the thoughts of the many that I have spoken to.

Many think that KC is definitely guilty of murder - but unless it could be proven that it was pre-meditated I would guess 2nd degree. Most d think it was accidental and then she panicked.

The locals on my side of town dont think too highly of the Anthony family, but all do say that none of us would know how to act or react if we were put in their shoes. I know if my neighborhood was innundated the way theirs is, none of us here would like it either.

I really can't answer this one as no one should really be responsible for their own childs actions. If it comes to light that they helped her in any way, or covered up anything for her than they too should be tried and convicted. Adding that her brother Lee should be put in this category as well.

Thanks for answering.

As for the general opinion question, I don't think it matters whether they can live it down or not. I think if Casey is convicted of murder, at least one member of the family will be sharing a jail phone with her, so they will have bigger issues than living it down. Like appeals.

Hi. I live in Daytona Beach, about an hour from Casey. This is also my first post!

This varies. Most people I have spoken to have no idea, they just know Casey is responsible.

They are not popular people around here, especially lately. I think people had sympathy for them at the beginning, but that is almost gone.

My uncle lives in Orlando and calls us every Sunday. When we've asked him about this case he says EVERYONE he knows there is completely feed up with the whole situation. They all think it is appalling how her family is protecting her and are sick of hearing about the case daily. He and his friends/neighbors believe the child is dead and are sick Casey is not in jail.

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee- dead or alive? The general consensus among people I've talked to around here is that she is dead.

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death? Most people I've talked to think KC is guilty of something. I haven't met many people who have put much thought into exactly what she is guilty of.

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence? Honestly, it seems to me most people are just sick of seeing them. They don't really talk about what they may or may not have known. Again, this is not something that seems to be given as much attention in real life as it is on the web. From my experience anyway.

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder? My personal feeling is that no matter what happens in this case, the A's are going to be leaving the area as soon as the dust has settled.

I've briefly spoken with someone who worked with CA for years and her own opinion is that, knowing CA as she does, she will never come to terms with the truth about KC or Caylee.

I had a doctor's appointment near Casey's home yesterday. I was so tempted to drive by, but I decided not to.

If I actually had time one day I think I would really like the drive by all the places in this case... the Amscot, the house, Sawgrass, TonyE's, etc. Does that sound morbid?

Thanks for answering.

Here about 40 minutes from the Anthony house.

People here I have talked to:
1--no doubt Caylee is deceased

2.--kind of a multi-way split whether accidental or intentional or happened during an act of abuse or cold blooded premeditation. I have spoken to folks who want Casey to get the death penalty no matter what she might be convicted of at this point. That is the feeling I am hearing. Statutes being irrelevant to emotion.

3--initial compassion for the family has faded over time and has been replaced with outrage and hostility. most feel they "know something."

4--I am not convinced the Anthony's would be concerned about living it down. I doubt their family will remain intact.

5 Hope I can add in a 5---

Locals to whom I have spoken consistenlty express outrage over the fact that anyone we know would have accepted Caylee into the home if she was not wanted by Casey. There is an overriding sense of frustration, heartbreak, and helplessness regarding that angel.

I live west of Orlando in Polk County (about 30 mins).

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee - In the beginning I thought she might be alive and someone took her but now unfortunately I know she is in a better place.

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death? Everyone who I talked to hope she rots in h*ll or gets the same treatment she gave Caylee

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence? No one likes them in my opinion especially thier neighbors. They are costing us taxpayers alot of money by not helping in the investigation

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder? I think the Anthony's will always be known for this circus and what they did or didn't do to poor Caylee. Once this is over (if it is ever) they will not be able to walk around Orlando without being harassed. They do not know how many people dispise them right now

Ditto! I live 75 miles SE of Orlando, Melbourne Beach and we get the Orlando TV stations. I would add that I believe CA and possibly GA will move to be closer to KC when this is all over. IF she is an inmate in south Florida, CA & GA could live there without too much problem IMO. Anywhere else in the state, forget it; they will be treated with disdain.

Respectfully, the links for local news (and there seems to be something each day) are:

www.wftv.com, www.local6.com, www.foxorlando.com, www.wesh.com, www.news13.com and www.orlandosentinel.com. These are the main ones and some have live (slightly delayed) online broadcasts. This will help you stay more "plugged in".:crazy:

Hi Mammamia! Welcome!:) And thank you so much for your comments. This is some case, huh? And God bless precious little Caylee.She's been forgotten along the way by her very own family!

Regarding #3, I think there are many people that felt sympathy for the grandparents at first. But then the crazy stories, accusations, and then insinuations toward others doesn't go over well. I have yet to ever hear a 'thank you' from any of them either! And lastly, with Casey hold up in their home and they're catering to her every whim! It's simply ridiculous!

Thank you for your post! Good to have you here!And hang here with us. You'll love being a part of this site! Everyone is great here! So many really caring "friends".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back