For Sleuthers In Florida

Here about 40 minutes from the Anthony house.

People here I have talked to:
1--no doubt Caylee is deceased

2.--kind of a multi-way split whether accidental or intentional or happened during an act of abuse or cold blooded premeditation. I have spoken to folks who want Casey to get the death penalty no matter what she might be convicted of at this point. That is the feeling I am hearing. Statutes being irrelevant to emotion.

3--initial compassion for the family has faded over time and has been replaced with outrage and hostility. most feel they "know something."

4--I am not convinced the Anthony's would be concerned about living it down. I doubt their family will remain intact.

5 Hope I can add in a 5---

Locals to whom I have spoken consistenlty express outrage over the fact that anyone we know would have accepted Caylee into the home if she was not wanted by Casey. There is an overriding sense of frustration, heartbreak, and helplessness regarding that angel.
Hi MiraclesHappen!:blowkiss: I don't think I realised you lived down there.
I colored your words above... that is what has really bothered me the most! What a sickening waste! I know there are sooooo many that would have loved to have had the honor of loving precious little Caylee! It just breaks my heart!
I will never ever understand Casey's thoughts and reasons for doing what she did to that beautiful child! And, I hope that she is forever tormented by the cold, horrible, and sickening act she chose!

I want to add too that I have a brother that lives in Titusville. He and his wife pretty much have said exactly what you have. They have gone out on a couple of the searches several week ends back. They were horrified at Cindy's treatment of Tim Miller when that happened!
I can't wait for the arrest!

I live in Orlando, within a few miles of most POI's. I can tell you what my friends/coworkers are saying.

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee- dead or alive? - I have not met anyone who believes the baby is alive, even when the story first broke.

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death? - The feeling on this is divided, but I would say the majority believe there was an accident and KC has tried to deny and hide her culpability.

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence? - Most people believe that the Anthony's may have learned something after the fact and are trying to save KC from the harshest punishment.

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder? - I see that more locals are beginning to feel sympathy for the A's, especially with the outrageous behavior of some protesters. However, I would be surprised if they remained in area after this is over, no matter what the final results. I don't understand "live this down". I can't see how anyone could ever put the loss of a child behind them.

Edited because I want to stress that I have met nobody who feels rage or hostility toward the family. People are confused about how the family has acted in some cases, but mostly great sympathy for grandparents who've lost a child under such disturbing circumstances.

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee- dead or alive? Dead.

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death? Mixed; more think murder but all think she's guilty.

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence? Disgusted, appalled, and yes.

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder?

Not for a very long time and nowhere in Florida for pretty much ever. It's still on news broadcasts regularly, radiating out from Orlando area where it's on every broadcast.

Thank you for your responses. Here at WS, we see the worst of the worst and when we spend a lot of time here we somehow expect that everyone knows details. It's such a surprise when I mention prominant cases like this one to people around me, and they say, "Who?"

I live in southern California where news about Caylee Anthony and tot mom-ster KC faded early on. Except for Nancy Grace, and few people I know watch her, there is literally nothing in our news about this case.

So I have a few questions for those of you who live in Florida and particularly in or near Orlando. I am NOT asking for the opinions of those of you here at WS. I would like information about the population at large- people you talk to around town who know about Caylee's disappearance.

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee- dead or alive?

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death?

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence?

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder?

Thanks for answering.

I live in Seminole County just to the north of the family.

1) Since the beginning I know of no one that thought she was alive due to the fact it took 31 days to report her missing.
2) At first I thought it was a accident and she panicked as time has gone by and more has come out I and many others think it was permeated murder.
3) There has been times I did feel for the family I don't know anyone that would say exactly how they would act if it was them in the situation now their behavior is disturbing.
4) I think they have to move they are close to the airport I have seen on local news people stopping bye the house on their way to Disney. Cindy is a nurse I don't patients may feel comfortable with her and George is security if something was to happen where he was working I think he would be the first person looked at.

or rather just outside of it, and I don't hear a lot of talk about it among my friends except for disgust and a given that everyone thinks her actions and reactions were just not consistent with someone who had nothing to hide or was innocent.
With the dna and hair samples in the trunk, I don't think many think the innocent little one is still alive.
There is a little sympathy for the family, but the general feeling is that they aren't being completely honest about the whole thing.
I don't think the family will stay here because of how they are viewed by many, but I imagine they will make enough money off their noteriety to be able to move.
The whole town seems stunned that someone could have done this to such a precious little one.
One odd thing about this case that has stuck in my head is the big white sunglasses she wears. I was working in a very fancy and rich part of town, in the same general area, or on the outskirts of were KC's outer circles reached, and I was struck by the sudden popularity of big white sunglasses.
Young, hip ladies were wearing them. Many teens had them on.
I was wondering if this was a new style I wasn't aware of, but I know that there have been comments on the news about KC wearing them and just wondered if there was some kind of connection. They really seemed to stick out.

I was working in a very fancy and rich part of town, in the same general area, or on the outskirts of were KC's outer circles reached, and I was struck by the sudden popularity of big white sunglasses.
Young, hip ladies were wearing them.

Yikes! I am neither hip nor young and I've been wearing big white sun glasses for years!

I live in Seminole County about 30 minutes from their home. Here are the answers I have come across from people I have talked to or conversations I have heard.

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee- dead or alive? Caylee, bless her little heart is dead.

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death? Evenly divided between accident and deliberate, with panic as the reason Casey did not fess up right away for the people who say accidental.

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence? While there is anger towards the whole family, most people end up saying they feel pity or sorrow when talking about C, G or L. especially since the circus with the protesters outside their house heated up.

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder? While they will never live this down, life will go on and the raw emotions that most of us feel will start to fade. With the economy and housing situation the way it is, they may not have a choice but to stay where they are. I have said this on another thread but will repeat it here - if Caylee is never found I don't think CA will ever believe she is gone. She will spend years to come staring at young girls, teens, or young women and wondering "Is that my granddaughter"? I wouldn't wish that on anyone and for that reason alone, I feel mostly pity for her.

Thank you for your responses. Here at WS, we see the worst of the worst and when we spend a lot of time here we somehow expect that everyone knows details. It's such a surprise when I mention prominant cases like this one to people around me, and they say, "Who?"

I, too, live in Southern California and am shocked at how few people around here know anything about this case. I am on the computer frequently and watch the news a lot and didn't even catch wind of it until weeks after it broke. When the SP case broke it was non stop coverage. Sad. Thank you for asking such great questions! :clap:

I live in southern California where news about Caylee Anthony and tot mom-ster KC faded early on. Except for Nancy Grace, and few people I know watch her, there is literally nothing in our news about this case.

So I have a few questions for those of you who live in Florida and particularly in or near Orlando. I am NOT asking for the opinions of those of you here at WS. I would like information about the population at large- people you talk to around town who know about Caylee's disappearance.

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee- dead or alive? DEAD
2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death? Undecided
3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence? Yes, IMO

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder? No. Only because of thier actions to date. Actions by family so far are somewhat unforgiving, IMO.
Thanks for answering.

Bold is mine. I live about 2 hours south. Like many on the board, I am obsessed and in desperate need of therapy, lol! Don't dare try and involve neighbors on discussions that run deep in this case. Really want to stay home and not be Baker Acted!

I live in the same neighborhood as the Anthony's, not the same street. Everyone that I know and talk are disgusted with the whole thing. Sorry, I had so much more typed out but I lost it all and I can't retype it (at work).:mad:

People in my area (Tampa) believe Caylee is dead, KC did it and it was NOT accidental, parents are now covering for her, and they won't live this down b/c they've made such a spectical of themselves in the media.

I live in Orlando and most of my family and friends think this.

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee- dead or alive?
Dead.

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death?
Yes they and I believe that she killed Caylee to be rid of her.

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence?
Most of the people I talk with believe they are withholding evidence and they believe they are protecting Casey. I feel the same.

They will never live this down. Not here in Orlando!

I don't know if this would throw this thread completely off topic or not, but it would be interesting to hear from posters who live in areas where other high profile cases occurred and are now over with, such as Scott P. Are the principals in those cases (parents, spouse if there is one, etc.) still in the area, have they moved? Maybe this topic needs its own thread though, but it would be interesting to hear about. Kind of let us FL folk know what we have to look forward to.

I posted this earlier today on a thread that got buried. Since it pertains to what happens in FL., I am putting it here too:

Two weeks ago my sister was called into Orlando Federal Court as part of a pool of new Grand Jury members. There are two grand juries in Orlando, and each one meets every other Wednesday for a year. They called in 40 people for each jury and they were given numbers from 1-40, shown a video about what they would be doing and how they cannot talk about anything. Each potential person was asked a few question, but she had been told in advance since she was number 36, odds were they would have the jury filled before her number, and they did, by number 29. And she wanted to be on the Grand Jury that indicted KC! She said when the Grand Jury calls in witnesses, they cannot have their lawyers present, but may leave the room to confer with them.
progress.gif

I live in Kissimmee about 30 minutes from the SUSPECT (That felt good)

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee- dead or alive? Most people I speak with think Caylee is no longer with us

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death? KC guilty but to what degree still varies

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence? At first people felt compassion for the A's and most still do for George but Cindy most feel she became involved after the fact. Lee still tons of doubts his actions

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthony's will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder? Most think they will need to move. I myself think George and Cindy will divorce and Cindy will move to Lowell, FL. Home of Lowell Annex Correctional Institution home for women on Death Row.

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthony's will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder? Most think they will need to move. I myself think George and Cindy will divorce and Cindy will move to Lowell, FL. Home of Lowell Annex Correctional Institution home for women on Death Row.

Hahahahaha! What a great answer! I only hope you are right!

I posted this earlier today on a thread that got buried. Since it pertains to what happens in FL., I am putting it here too:

Two weeks ago my sister was called into Orlando Federal Court as part of a pool of new Grand Jury members. There are two grand juries in Orlando, and each one meets every other Wednesday for a year. They called in 40 people for each jury and they were given numbers from 1-40, shown a video about what they would be doing and how they cannot talk about anything. Each potential person was asked a few question, but she had been told in advance since she was number 36, odds were they would have the jury filled before her number, and they did, by number 29. And she wanted to be on the Grand Jury that indicted KC! She said when the Grand Jury calls in witnesses, they cannot have their lawyers present, but may leave the room to confer with them.
progress.gif

I been in couple grand jury's here Indiana. Im not sure how Florida laws are but from my experince of being on a grand jury I can tell you they can plead the 5th on every answer. I have done some pretty awful cases and i can tell you that we have even dug up new leads and help LE make the case stronger.Like I said Im sure Indiana is alittle different then the way Florida does their's but here anyway the only reason it goes to a grand jury is because one they cant decide whether it should goto trial or two they dont know what to charge someone with.Grand jury also can bring charges against anyone they think might be involved and what they are charged with.But they dont decide guilt for say.That would be for a regular jury to decide:)They decide if it goes to court and what the charge is and who is charged:)But It could be alittle different in Florida:)

Yikes! I am neither hip nor young and I've been wearing big white sun glasses for years!

I have too...........I started wearing them around 1990 in Florida.......those are not new by any stretch. My daughter has been wearing them for about 5 years. They are more "in" in the last 5 years.

I been in couple grand jury's here Indiana. Im not sure how Florida laws are but from my experince of being on a grand jury I can tell you they can plead the 5th on every answer. I have done some pretty awful cases and i can tell you that we have even dug up new leads and help LE make the case stronger.Like I said Im sure Indiana is alittle different then the way Florida does their's but here anyway the only reason it goes to a grand jury is because one they cant decide whether it should goto trial or two they dont know what to charge someone with.Grand jury also can bring charges against anyone they think might be involved and what they are charged with.But they dont decide guilt for say.That would be for a regular jury to decide:)They decide if it goes to court and what the charge is and who is charged:)But It could be alittle different in Florida:)

Here the accused are rarely (except in a special GJ) in the Grand Jury proceedings. The Grand Jury meets in secret and when the indictments come down, the warrants are served and the accused arrested. There is no defense in a GJ. They can defend the charges in court.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back