For the DT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be defensive, not offensive-- but they won't hear that. :python:

Maybe it time to gather all your attorneys together, take a trip to the jail and tell KC the truth. She's come to the end of the hallway. jmo

I think JB & CM should be even more juvenile. Really go for it, be as immature as you can be...it will go over great with a jury and they will love you and your client for it. Have KC & JB poke, flirt, giggle and touch each other as much as possible. Tell your client to give everyone the "evil eye", after all she does it so well there's no reason she should use that look sparingly. Basically, just keep doing what you all are doing....only really put your hearts into it!

:cow:

If you all think this is a bad idea then I will ask the MODS to delete- I just thought because we are all well aware that they (DT) read here and take advice that I would rather be open and honest with MOO then hide behind the door throwing out my opinion- I have my opinion already from reading each and every thing that has been released and I know that I am in the MAJORITY and proud of it!!!! I just want this to move on and get justice for a beautiful little girl who deserves it -ETA ps I am sorry I didnt mean to start anything..no going to crawl back under my rock

Come out from under your rock, chckmate! This thread is perfectly fine. :)

In fact, in a backwards sorta way it helps the prosecution. Think about it folks - 5 weeks before jury selection, 6 weeks before trial. It is going to be a busy time for these attorneys (yes, even THESE attorneys ;) ) - Frye hearings continue next week (not to mention more time prepping), another status conference, at least one more depo, more arguments to prepare for rulings re. evidence to be admitted (photos, etc...), juror questionairres to draft, change of venue objections to draft...LOTS of real stuff they NEED to be working on. I hope they do read this thread and their focus is diverted. Does anyone really believe that JB, CM, and ICA could correct all those annoying, self-destructive habits in 5-6 weeks while still prepping for trial? No way folks. I work as a paralegal and can reassure you that the final weeks before a trial are pure hell. You work 16 hour days and wonder if you will ever survive it.

I don't doubt for a minute that they read here, but I assure you it is too little too late. If this thread is what they choose to focus on, I say "GO FOR IT!!!" and put the REAL work on the back burner. Let us know how that works out for ya. lol

I think it is very hard to change what is part of your personality. JB does not know he is smirking. It's a by-product of his belief that he has pulled one over on SA. Same when SA is up and questioning the DT's expert witness. JB sits next to KC and he has a noticeable tic. Something you just can't change. Some people have a natural poker face, JB does not.

I noticed that LDB asked him very politely yesterday to stop clicking the pen. It's very annoying while someone is trying to speak and can be heard while the expert is trying to speak. If nothing else it is distracting. Did he stop? No, he clicked even more. At such a low level the appearance of not taking other's into consideration shows his arrogance and his ability to rise above himself and act in a professional manner. Let's face it folks a month is just not enough time for JB to reinvent himself to gain the respect of the jurors. jmo

Wonderful post Lambchop

Things IMO Baez should try to refrain from doing in front of the Jury

Pen clicking
Smirking
Eye rolling
Winking
--------------------------------------
The Hearing thread is closed, our wonderful Amil was not able to attend yesterdays hearing but Magpie at Hinkymeter did and here is her post..

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/0...e-magpie-reports-on-040111-hearing/#more-6564

JB and CM should spend the weekend reading this book-but they won't cause they think they are the shizz!!:floorlaugh:
carnegienew.jpg

My advice to JB would be, not to get too close to ICA, as she may ask you to witness her being put to death. JMO.

It appears the new strategy is formfitting with emphasis on the who ha's.
The first thing she does when she stands is put her hands behind her Maybe this is just the replacement for the strut. (back in the day):floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think it's that after how many hundreds of days in jail, she's just used to being cuffed every time she stands up to go somewhere. That makes me :great:

I think it is very hard to change what is part of your personality. JB does not know he is smirking. It's a by-product of his belief that he has pulled one over on SA. Same when SA is up and questioning the DT's expert witness. JB sits next to KC and he has a noticeable tic. Something you just can't change. Some people have a natural poker face, JB does not.

I noticed that LDB asked him very politely yesterday to stop clicking the pen. It's very annoying while someone is trying to speak and can be heard while the expert is trying to speak. If nothing else it is distracting. Did he stop? No, he clicked even more. At such a low level the appearance of not taking other's into consideration shows his arrogance and his ability to rise above himself and act in a professional manner. Let's face it folks a month is just not enough time for JB to reinvent himself to gain the respect of the jurors. jmo

Being no fan of the defense, I personally like the sound of JB's pen clicks. To me, it represents his nervousness. He has many tells that speak of his inexperience, the eye rolls, smirking, etc. But, his new found security blanket, the pen, is my favorite, because it can be heard by everyone in the courtroom and anyone who is watching. With each click, he is broadcasting his nervousness and I grin, picturing him sucking his thumb instead.
Bottom line, I used to see arrogance. Now I see a thumbsucker.

One of the things discussed here early on was that young men might find KC attractive and that that could help her if the defense attempts to get them in the jury box. I don't necesssarily agree, but I am a chick, soooo...On that note, however, KC is starting to not look like the girl she once looked like. I agree with other that she should get a haircut, back to the bob. She needs a little blush and a well-fitting suit. Nothing provocative, just something more professional looking. No more frumpiness or pale gauntness. This not only changes her appearance from the outside, it makes her more confident inside, she may stop the tugging and primping a bit.
Sitting back and upright in one's chair, with hands in lap is a sign that you are welcoming other people in and listening to their communication-No elbows on the desk or body into the desk, it is the wrong signal, IMO. She needs to at least appear as though she is listening to her accusers confront her patiently, patient because she is confident that she has innocence as a foundation.
There is nothing that she needs to write down that she cannot get from transcripts. Unless it is a note to her attorneys, she should give everyone speaking the courtesy of listening to them and looking at them. Not a nasty look. Simply a "this is my life on the line and I need to hear what you have to say" look.
If you cannot muster tears during the proceeding, cry beforehand so as to have puffy eyes. This should be hurting you everyday. Pretend it does.
JB-Stop calling him judge. It just comes out very harsh. Your honor or sir would be softer. Pomposity also stinks. JB needs to appear not as if he is mounting a defese, which equals defensive-He needs to behave as if he is an advocate for his client's natural rights, and repeat the mantra that his client is a human being that deserves the benefit of the doubt and to be treated with dignity as she has not been found guilty of this crime. Ms. Simms and Ms. Finnel appear to handle this better. It's called rising above.
These are small things-The BIG one is this: This is not a bar fight, defense. You don't have to hate your adversary in "real life." It is like any sport-Perform, but never make it personal. The most well-liked athletes are not those that are total a-holes, they are those that have a great attitude and a winning spirit. Robert Shapiro was a good example of this.

Being no fan of the defense, I personally like the sound of JB's pen clicks. To me, it represents his nervousness. He has many tells that speak of his inexperience, the eye rolls, smirking, etc. But, his new found security blanket, the pen, is my favorite, because it can be heard by everyone in the courtroom and anyone who is watching. With each click, he is broadcasting his nervousness and I grin, picturing him sucking his thumb instead.

Love the perspective! Maybe he is competing with the Judge's chair rocks?

OT - Lancelotlink, did you notice the tie and the pocket square didn't match yesterday? HEHEHE

Exactly, the more nervous he gets the more he clicks his pen. Similar to CA, right before or during a lie she chomps her gum extra fast. She also does it when she's mad.

Little idiosyncrasies like that will tip the jury off that something isn't quite right.

IMO

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001930/
Treatment and prognosis -- tell it all.

1. Tell CA to spit out the gum.
2. Stop the clicking pen - if you want to piss the State off, find another way cause it only ticks us and your potential jurors off.
3. Keep doing what your doing - cause as you already know - you are way smarter than anyone else. (see link above)
4. Ask a question, don't testify or give a friggin speech.
5. Read the threads for more, not going to make it easy for you and see suggestion #3 above.
6. Stop at the ATM.
7. See # 3 above.

Toodles! Oh and taking some Ex-lax might help too, but I am not a doctor, don't play one on TV and/or the internet, so I give $hity advice.

Now THAT made my day!

:great: :great: :great:

OT - Lancelotlink, did you notice the tie and the pocket square didn't match yesterday? HEHEHE

I really feel for His Honor. I know he's having a real bad moment when I can see his chair jumping up and down because he's banging his knees under the desk. This usually occurs only when JB is at the podium.

I'm going to be sending out lots of calming hugs his way once this trial starts.

Mel

And he may be. The pen clicking is involuntary, like chewing your nails. It would be impossible for JB to stop doing it, as he has no control over it. He needs it.

I did notice his pocket square. I've noticed he does this alot with his pocket squares not matching his tie.

I have been paying alot of attention to JB lately and have picked up on at least three other involuntary movements or motions he uses to cover his true emotions. I'll be watching next week to see if he does the same things at the same moments as before.

I really feel for His Honor. I know he's having a real bad moment when I can see his chair jumping up and down because he's banging his knees under the desk. This usually occurs only when JB is at the podium.

I'm going to be sending out lots of calming hugs his way once this trial starts.

Mel

The non-verbals from the Judge are priceless!

Caption yesterday from slides:
Judge has his NOT HAPPY LEAN on!
thejudgehashisnothappyleanon.jpg

For what it's worth, I have been a jury member 9 times over the last 20 years as well as foreperson for 3 of those trials. There is something so very innate about the attorneys for both sides of this particular case as well as a definitive uniqueness with each of the key players/witnesses/family members that no amount of "coaching" will change. Trust me, the jury will see through everything and be able to call a spade a spade and sort through all the madness, and it won't take them very long to assign a "likeability" factor.

Although the "evidence" was always first and foremost in importance during deliberations, what was always common during each of the deliberations as to what could/would sway a particular juror was:
1) the "likeability" factor (instantaneous, i.e. "You had me at "Hello..." type
of thing)
2) believability" factor (determined very early on in a given case)
3) "actions speak louder than words" factor, (ongoing)
4) "delivery" (or lack thereof) by the attorneys, (ongoing)
5) "professionalism" (or lack thereof), (instantaneous)
6) the "tone", (instantaneous)
7) "preparedness", (instantaneous)
8) "You're wasting our time" factor....(instantaneous AND key!!!!!!)
9) all the little nuances that we discuss here on websleuths (and then some)

All of the above (and then some) will be seen AND discussed by jury members. If a jury member misses something of particular importance/significance during the trial, I can assure you that another jury member WILL remember and share with the others.
There will be those jury members who will be opinionated, stubborn, and disagree simply to disagree, but there are also those who will be fair, open minded and agree to consider others beliefs/opinions. Deliberation time is a very challenging meeting of the minds to say the least, but it has been my experience that the right decision was always reached, regardless of how an attorney/defendant/family member/witness acted/behaved/dressed, etc. during the course of the trial.

As far as the prosecution team, I have no advice for you other than to "Carry on..." As I see it, and in my unsolicited opinion, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. The jury will "get it" rather quickly when this trial begins.

As far as the defense team, due to my past juror service, I'm "convinced" that you will (unintentionally, of course) insult the jury's intelligence with your current theories/explanations/insinuations/innuendos for the obvious, and you will lose the "majority" of the jurors very early on in this trial. The others will follow along shortly. Once a juror "checks out" from one side and relates more to the opposing side, it is unlikely that you will be able to get them to change their mind. I'm afraid that your current strategy/approach is not working, will not fly with the jury, and your client will be found guilty.

If the DT has been reading here more than 1 day, we have nothing to worry about. Because if they are here looking for tips, what they have taken away so far has not helped. The Inmate is toast.

All the clothing, hair and demeanor tips in the world are not going to help her once the jury hears about:

31 days
No Nanny/Zanny
No job
The car and all it's contents
Did I mention 31 days?

This is not even listing the enormous mound of other evidence which is simply icing on the cake. Those items listed above are all I, as a juror, would need to form my opinion. (Don't worry Baez - I'm in Missouri).

The best the DT can do now is hope that they recommend LWOP as opposed to the DP.

Here's the only advice I will give: Baez, Mason and yes, even Sims - YOU 3 are going to be the ones that get The Inmate the needle. Any jury will hate you 3 for your demeanor and antics as much as they are going to hate The Inmate. If you want any kind of a win (Life as opposed to Death), knock off the attitudes and the games and try to at least save her rotten, miserable life. The jury will not be stupid, and will see right through Baez acting like he is a "seasoned" attorney instead of an ambulance-chaser looking for his big break. They'll see right through the "Folksy Old Fart" act Mason puts on and see him for the fake and phony "Good Ole Boy" he is trying (and failing) to portray. And they'll be disgusted and inattentive to Sims spending 2-1/2 hours asking the same 2 questions 48 different ways, trying to impeach the testimony of a solid FBI witness/expert. None of this crap will work. Mark my words.

You 3 are going to get The Inmate the needle just as surely as the items I have listed above.

BBM- Just for the record "Good Ole Boys" don't carry sissy, $50.00 Tommy Bahama umbrellas when it isn't raining......jus sayin'.

One of the things discussed here early on was that young men might find KC attractive and that that could help her if the defense attempts to get them in the jury box. I don't necesssarily agree, but I am a chick, soooo...On that note, however, KC is starting to not look like the girl she once looked like. I agree with other that she should get a haircut, back to the bob. She needs a little blush and a well-fitting suit. Nothing provocative, just something more professional looking. No more frumpiness or pale gauntness. This not only changes her appearance from the outside, it makes her more confident inside, she may stop the tugging and primping a bit.
Sitting back and upright in one's chair, with hands in lap is a sign that you are welcoming other people in and listening to their communication-No elbows on the desk or body into the desk, it is the wrong signal, IMO. She needs to at least appear as though she is listening to her accusers confront her patiently, patient because she is confident that she has innocence as a foundation.
There is nothing that she needs to write down that she cannot get from transcripts. Unless it is a note to her attorneys, she should give everyone speaking the courtesy of listening to them and looking at them. Not a nasty look. Simply a "this is my life on the line and I need to hear what you have to say" look.
If you cannot muster tears during the proceeding, cry beforehand so as to have puffy eyes. This should be hurting you everyday. Pretend it does.
JB-Stop calling him judge. It just comes out very harsh. Your honor or sir would be softer. Pomposity also stinks. JB needs to appear not as if he is mounting a defese, which equals defensive-He needs to behave as if he is an advocate for his client's natural rights, and repeat the mantra that his client is a human being that deserves the benefit of the doubt and to be treated with dignity as she has not been found guilty of this crime. Ms. Simms and Ms. Finnel appear to handle this better. It's called rising above.
These are small things-The BIG one is this: This is not a bar fight, defense. You don't have to hate your adversary in "real life." It is like any sport-Perform, but never make it personal. The most well-liked athletes are not those that are total a-holes, they are those that have a great attitude and a winning spirit. Robert Shapiro was a good example of this.

bbm
I agree.
Has anyone noticed the transformation in Amanda Knox?
How you dress or appear in Court was a topic of discussion on the Today show this morning, they had a Jury consultant on and they also mentioned the Casey Anthony case

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/42391012#42391012 Courtroom Couture
It starts at the 3:00 min mark regarding Amanda Knox and at the 3:30 mark regarding Casey..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah