For those who agree with the verdict...help me understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still on the fence about george and cindy knowing what happend

I just dont understand them not knowing for 31 days, My mom and dad live 8 hours away but if they didnt hear my son in the background for more then a day or two, I would say they would start asking questions

she should of been charged for something for not reporting the accident or crime for 31 days ?

how many of us if the house gets quiet for more then a min or two goes and checks on the kids ? I know i do

31 days was too long

AnaTeresa -- I do agree that the prosecution could have made things a bit clearer, but I completely disagree with your opinion that it is not a jury's job to connect the dots, sorry. They didn't even take ANY time what-so-ever to look over the exhibits, read over testimonies, etc.

This is why so many are outraged over this verdict. Misreporting of facts.

Listen to the juror's words herself. People are cutting out her words between job and connect the dots which changes what she said.

She NEVER said it was not the juror's job to connect the dots. She said it is not their job to try to reach to find a way to connect the dots.

That is not a direct quote because I am going off of memory. However, I remmeber when she said it, I thought she was right. It is not the their job to try to find a way to make the prosecutions case for them.

Well, that just adds to my thoughts on the overconfidence in this trial. Clearly they didn't entertain all avenues. Why wouldn't they get a DNA sample from him since he was at the crime scene? Wouldn't you assume that's a standard?

He was never considered a suspect and he made a point of saying he didn't touch anything (other than with the rod).

I just spit out my drink. That definitely was an unintended pun...LOL

Im not being snarky at all but she had 30 days to "grieve properly" and partied it up... Why does anyone sympathize with someone who throws their child away like trash? I just dont get it?

Did you hear the testimony about how that family buried their beloved pets who they considered family members?

Seriously, I was disgusted that Cindy and George thought there was anything right about bringing their beloved dead dog home in a garbage bag wrapped in duct tape then have little children involved in burying the animal. Seriously, little children.

They taught their little children that it was normal to put your loved ones in garbage bags and bury them. Most parents make up a story for children that young about how the doggy was sent to a nice farm to run around and play. Mabye even how the doggy is in HEAVEN.

But George and Cindy made it NORMAL to those little kids. I think sadly Caylee was buried just like their pets but not deep enough to stay buried.

So while we are disgusted....SADLY for Casey and Lee, their so-called loving parents taught them that was NORMAL.

Maybe the frantic barrage of calls was because Casey couldn't find Caylee. Was the period of inactivity a shower in the bathroom?

Could Casey have gone about her business for the rest of the day because she assumes that Caylee is with George?

Is there a ping map for the location of George throughout June 16th?

THANK YOU. And that is exactly what the DT pointed out. They didn't even pull the phone pings on GA and he was the last one to see them together!

I would not go that far. KC is not innocent but she is not a murderer.
I think she is Mentally Ill and needs help.
I think her family did not do the right thing from the start.
I think the real story is much darker then we are permitted to discuss.
As for NG show - I have not watched it in 2 1/2 years she is a pit bull.

IMO, I think the State made a HUGE mistake in playing hours and hours of jailhouse videos between Cindy and Casey. They did it to show Casey's lies but failed to realize the jury would see Cindy also.

IMO, Cindy is borderline. I do not know if Casey herself is mentally ill or a result of being raised by a borderline Mother. She definitely needs serious help.

IMO, Cindy and George were automatically given respect because of their nursing/LE careers. Then throw in the "grieving" grandparents who called the cops on their own daughter. Too many LE, attorneys, even psychologists/psychiatrist categorized them so failed to see something was wrong.

I have to admit that this is something that bothered me, too. It really didn't seem like a 'search for the truth'. But then again, I think this is the way most trials go. Prosecution introduces evidence and calls witnesses that support their case, and the same w/ the defense. I don't like thinking that something really important has been deliberately hidden, however, and I sort of felt that way with the two computer forensic reports -- where one said the chloroform site was visited 84 times, and the other report said one. In my mind, both reports should have been submitted into evidence by the prosecution, and left for the jury to decide which one of them was correct. If the defense had not entered the 'one visit' report into evidence, I don't think we'd have heard about it.

the DT bringing in the other computer results was HUGE for me. I thought WOW, how can the PT morally try to hide that.

Yet more doubt. I actually thought that Baez may have bought his client the death penalty with his story or her story that to me was just never going to fly.

Still, something is very wrong with George Anthony. That much is crystal clear to me. His entire reaction and comments seemed to me that he wanted his daughter to get convicted and perhaps even get death. Now he totally changed his tune after the defense accused him of what they did. He went from defending his daughter for the most part to tossing her so far under the bus. He already knew his daughter was a liar. In my opinion his little comments and his fighting with Baez and making Baez look stupid of course would never have happened had the defense not brought him into it. Some may take that as he then felt or knew that she was guilty. I think it was all about him.

When you listen to Cindy on the 911, I know I stand alone but in what world are those parents of Casey? Arrested for stealing an Auto?
When Casey told the police that Caylee was the only person she loved or something like that I totally believe it. Clearly Caylee had to be the first and only person that showed Casey unconditional love. Whatever happened I do not think Casey thought she was going to get away with it. She felt she was going to jail. Maybe not so soon. But to me that does not mean she is guilty.
What it means is that whatever took place she blammed herself. Comments she made she never said I did not harm Caylee or I did not kill Caylee, what does she say? You know I would never let anything happen.............., I am petrified I know my mother will never forgive me....................,

People need to move on. She was found not guilty. She deserves a chance to rebuild her life and morn the loss of her daughter. I also did not like Drakes closing where she talked about how Casey was not an "awesome" mother, then spoke about this awesome mother who sat by their childs grave doing a storm cause she feared the child would be afraid. The child was dead, sorry and was not going to be afraid. The prosecutor also has to know that Casey wanted Caylee to be buried and have a grave. That Cindy had her remains cremated against the wishes of Casey and that Caylee had still not a grave. Her ashes are with Cindy and George.

My gut just tells me their is so much more to this case. Cindy running around on the 16th telling everyone at work someone went swimming in their pool.

I wondered if Caylee drowned on Father's Day under Cindy's care. Cindy testified that when her and Caylee got home, Caylee wanted to go swimming. Cindy told her she had to eat dinner first. Cindy said she stared to make dinner but could not remember what Caylee ate for dinner that night. Then the "pool" story. Then Casey got home. Cindy and Casey watched the video of Caylee with Cindy's Dad on that day and looked that the pictures. Cindy said both her and Casey were crying maybe even sobbing.

I just remembering thinking "why are you crying before she died."

Cindy not remembering what she fixed for dinner would not be unusual. But this is Cindy who never once during her testimony said "I cannot remember exactly what day" I had that conversation with Casey. Cindy knew too many specific details and actual dates.

After that, George testified he knew the exact time Casey and Caylee left. It was like 12:51. But when it came to work, he did not remember the exact time, gave a 15 minute range with "somewhere around there I had to be at work by 3"

For two grandparents who did not know they would NEVER see their granddaughter again, they remembered too much. I wonder if Cindy kept a journal back then like she did in court.

Maybe so. Makes her a crappy human being for not trying to save her child's life.

If Casey found a dead Caylee, she knew.

You NEVER forget seeing someone after they are dead before the mortuary makes them presentable. Twenty years later, I still picture my Dad in a horrible way and cannot remember what he truly looked like without a picture.

What I would like to know?

1. What was the date that the therapist of Cindy Anthony told her she should kick out Casey and take custody of Caylee.

2. When did Cindy use this to threaten her daughter, what was that date. While there is not proof she did, I feel she did.

3. I would have like to have heard from Reverend Grund the father of Jesse Grund as to why he felt Cindy was so abusive to Casey. Both father and son have indicated that Cindy was a monster to her daughter, just monsterous and that Jesse had seen this for himself. In a search for the truth this could be very important. Did the prosecution feel it would only help the defense and is that why they fought so hard to keep the testimony of Grund out?

Sounds like she really had it coming from CA and GA to me. Wierd bunch period.

4. All this talk about how this verdict is all because the body was found so late. If super smart Casey wanted to make sure Caylee was never found, she was capable of making sure that she was never found. The fact that she kept Caylee with her so long (long enough for evidence in the car which cleary could and was help against her) leads me to think that she did not know what to do. If she had no idea what to do (started to bury her in the yard as Ashton would have us believe ect., if she had no idea how to proceed once Caylee was dead then I have serious doubts that she planned this out for so long. Because lets face it, it was really just dumb luck that Caylee was not found for so long. That area was searched and should have been searched really well.

Totally agree! I've said this all along. If she wanted the body to not be found and she planned this undetected "murder" so she can go live the good life (totally different meaning than Beautiful Life) she sure did a lousy job considering how "smart" everyone says she is. The way this all played out it appears to me an acceident and she freaked.

5. Right after Caylee went missing and dogs hit in the Anthony backyard Jesse Grund did an interview and doing that interview he said that he thought if Caylee died by accident, Casey would and could convince herself that nothing happened to Caylee. That Casey loved her that much and was that messed up that her mind had the abiltiy to do this. Later he changed his tune because he did not like or could not understand the way Casey was acting in court. He said that he felt there were two different people, the one he knew before and the one he see's today. Could this be because it was an accident and Casey is a different person today and the reason she is a different person is that she lost her daughter? That she is removed from reality to some degree because it was an accident and she still has not delt with it? So she remains removed from reality. All this talk about how she is always pleasant and smile in jail. For three years in a 6 by 8 cell facing the death penalty and always pleasant and happy?

Agree again. He did state that very thing and then changed his whole attitude, IMO, because of CA trying to blame him.

There are just to many questions for Casey Anthony to have been convicted.
I feel certian that if a charge of illegal disposal of the body was included she would have been found guilty of that charge.

I hope that Casey Anthony leaves her parents behind forever.

Agree Agree Agree 100%

Maybe so. Makes her a crappy human being for not trying to save her child's life.

How do you know she didn't try? She was inactive for an hour, after a few minutes there is no hope no matter what.

How do you know she didn't try? She was inactive for an hour, after a few minutes there is no hope no matter what.

No 911 call. How long was she in the pool before being found? A few minutes, an hour?Baez didn't say anything about CPR being performed.

Well, that just adds to my thoughts on the overconfidence in this trial. Clearly they didn't entertain all avenues. Why wouldn't they get a DNA sample from him since he was at the crime scene? Wouldn't you assume that's a standard?

Add that to GA being the last to see Caylee and Casey and they never pulled his cell phone records and pings?! This is standard stuff for any investigation of this kind.

He was never considered a suspect and he made a point of saying he didn't touch anything (other than with the rod).

they should have been all over him regardless. I'm not saying he had anything to do with it. But, he MOVED the remains. And he CHANGED his story several times.

Add that to GA being the last to see Caylee and Casey and they never pulled his cell phone records and pings?! This is standard stuff for any investigation of this kind.

If the prosecution was so interested in the truth they would have paid more attention to the phone records. They would have said she killed her child after this fight with her mother, thats way more plausible than chloroform,which lasts minutes, and this murderous theory.

I know! This is what is driving me crazy. The jury is taking the brunt of a lack in the evidence of which they were given to decide the fate of a human being, but no one seems angry at the prosecution or the investigators for, imo, messing up. Oh, geez, I need a beer!

The burden of proof is on the state, not the defendant. It's very possible had the body been recovered "immediately" that autopsy would show a child that had drowned. There is no proof of any other cause of death. Even Dr G arrived at her conclusions by default.

Exactly. Everyone has put alot of weight on if the body had been found sooner. But no one knows what the evidence would have been. It could have been proof of a drowning as well as murder.

I have always felt that the chloroform was a complete red herring. It is short acting, requires effort and patience to make. Far more efficacious drugs are to be found in a pharmacy or even in the home...
I need to say that I did not like JB during the trial and had a lot of respect for LDB and JA but I never could see Casey as a murderess or a she devil as so many others portray her and I have stayed away from this Caylee forum because of that.
I am really grateful to whoever started this thread as it is nice to be able to speak my mind without worrying about alienating others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member