Forensic Astrology - SUSAN POWELL, missing West Valley,UT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbor to move into Powell home
Last Update: 5:51 pm
<snipped>
Neighbors tell ABC 4 News Josh Powell has rented out the family's home. And they say it&#8217;s actually a current neighbor who will be moving in.

Powell flew back to Utah last week to fix up the house and get it ready to new tenants.

He left over the weekend to return to Washington State.

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...-into-Powell-home/qBcytojGPE2n7Uuim-LAxA.cspx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joshua Powell rents home to neighbors
Updated: 02/09/2010 05:52:24 PM MST
<snipped>
Joshua Powell has rented his Utah home to a neighboring family, which is finishing the basement before moving in to the home in a few weeks.

The family's lease on its current residence expired, said Kirk Graves, Powell's brother-in-law. The family is finishing up at least one room in the basement before it moves in, said Kiirsi Hellewell, best friend of Powell's wife, Susan. Hellewell would not disclose the neighbors' names to protect their privacy, she said.

Joshua Powell had left Utah to move in with family in Washington, but returned recently to fix up the house and rent or sell it. Friends said he had lost his job in Utah and could no longer afford the house payments.

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14367948
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Susan Powell's Parents Suspect Husband Josh Powell Behind Her Disappearance
Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 @ 5:05PM
<snipped>
"Most of our readers knew all along there was something wrong with Josh Powell's story. He supposedly took a midnight camping trip with their young children from their suburban Salt Lake City home--in the middle of the winter.

"Then there was her husband Josh. He quickly lawyered up and refused to answer detailed questions from police. He also refused to show them where he went camping. In the middle of what was supposed to be a search for his wife, he moved with the kids to Washington state to live with his father.

"All along, Susan's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, declined to cast aspersions at their son-in-law. They're devout Mormons inclined to believe the best about people. They wanted to buy Josh's pleas that he wasn't involved.

"But two months after the December 7 disappearance, they finally seemed to have realized that Josh is the likely suspect.

They also say Josh refuses to let them see their grandkids unless they visit them at his father's house in Puyallup, Washington. So far, that's been a no-go for the Coxes. No matter how polite they spin it, they won't visit the home of the man they must know killed their daughter."

Article:
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/02/susan_powells_parents_suspect.php

:angel:

Josh Powell heads back to Puyallup, Wash., In-laws no longer give benefit of the doubt
February 9, 10:59 PM
<snipped>
Susan's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, initially gave Josh the benefit of the doubt. But their patience is wearing thin at his continued lack of cooperation with police. Friends and family of Susan Powell have said they, too, wish Josh would cooperate with police and tell them what he knows about the night his wife went missing. During his recent stay in Utah he had every opportunity to do that, but chose not to.

On Jan. 11 Josh moved his two young boys to his hometown of Puyallup, Washington to live with his father, Steven Powell. According to Jennifer Graves, Josh's sister, their two brothers and one sister, the youngest being 24, also live in the home and are all currently unemployed.

Debbie Caldwell, who cared for Susan's kids before she went missing, told Examiner, "I am concerned that Josh is not respecting Susan's wishes when it comes to the influence and care of his children. I remember a time when Susan and Josh traveled to Washington on vacation. Josh suggested they leave the kids alone with Steven for a few days but Susan strongly objected and did not allow it."

Debbie said, "I'm confused and surprised as to why Josh didn't bring the children to Utah with him during his recent visit so they could visit with their aunt Jenny and grandma."

Now, the Coxes live in the same town as their grandchildren and yet have never felt further apart. They have not seen the boys since early January and their requests to have the children visit their home have been denied.

Kiirsi and Jennifer Graves, Josh's sister, both believe Josh left Utah late Saturday night or sometime Sunday and is now back in Puyallup, Wash.

Debbie said she went to deliver a childcare tax summary to Josh around 10 a.m. Sat. but he didn't answer the door. She said, "At the time the decorations were still up on the home. Everything we put up was still there Saturday morning. On the ABC 4 report last night I learned the decorations had been taken down."

Kiirsi and Jennifer said that while they understand why the decorations were taken down, it still hurts. They believe either Josh took them down late Saturday night or the new tenants removed them. Either way, it's hard. Everyone hoped Josh would keep the house but again understand that financially it may not have been possible.

Susan Powell's home decorated by her friends and family
resized_We_love_you_Susan_FFOSP.jpg

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...no-longer-give-benefit-of-the-doubt-Slideshow
Family of Susan Powell to take case on 'Dr. Phil' show
Updated: 02/10/2010 03:42:17 PM MST
<snipped>
The family of missing West Valley City mother Susan Powell will discuss the woman's case on "Dr. Phil" on Tuesday.

Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox; Shelby Gifford, a family friend who has served as a spokeswoman during the search for Susan; and Jennifer and Kirk Graves, the sister and brother-in-law of Joshua Powell, will appear on the program to talk about the search for Susan, said Kiirsi Hellewell, a friend of Susan Powell.

The program will air on KUTV Channel 2 at 3 p.m. and KJZZ Channel 14 at 8 p.m. on Tuesday.

Phil McGraw hosts the one-hour show, which is the second highest-rated daytime talk show in the nation, according to www.drphil.com.

"Dr. Phil"
http://www.drphil.com/

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_14374363

Susan Powell's story to air on 'Dr. Phil'
February 11, 9:33 AM
<snipped>
Susan's husband, Josh Powell's story seems unbelievable to most who hear it and has been largely criticized. Equally criticized is his continued refusal to cooperate with police.

He told police he didn't call work or show up on Monday morning because he hadn't gone to church Sunday and forgot what day it was. However, his sister and brother-in-law, Jennifer and Kirk Graves, say he doesn't usually go to church, it was Susan who regularly took the children to their local LDS ward for Sunday services.

According to Jennifer Graves, she and her husband flew to L.A. for the filming on Wednesday. They met up with Susan's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, and Shelby Gifford, a family friend and the family's spokeswoman. "It went great," Jennifer said, "The show will air next Tuesday."

Josh returned to West Valley City Jan. 28, to make repairs to his home and rent it to a neighbor. Friends and family believe Josh left West Valley and returned to Puyallup Saturday night or Sunday.

Susan's friends and family decorated the Powell home in honor of Susan. Sometime late Saturday night or early Sunday morning the decorations were taken down. According to a neighbor all that were left were a few ribbons, one in the bird bath and one in the gutter.

*Much more info & links in article link!

Dr. Phil show airtimes and channels
Seattle area - 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. on KONG TV Channel 6
SW Washington - 3 p.m. on KOIN Channel 6
Eastern Washington - 3 p.m. on KREM Channel 2

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...10m2d11-Susan-Powells-story-to-air-on-Dr-Phil
The Susan Powell you don't know
Last Update: 2/11 9:56 pm
<snipped>
Describing Susan's personality, her mother, Judy Cox said, "Bubbly, outgoing, smiles. She likes to smile. She likes to laugh or giggle... Have fun." Chuck Cox, her father, added, "She&#8217;s just happy all the time." Marie Moniz, Susan&#8217;s younger sister agreed, "She was very welcoming to people. She didn't like people to be left out."

From the 3rd grade on, Susan was raised in Puyallup, Washington. The family of four daughters moved into a house in a small subdivision with nearly an acre lot filled with and surrounded by trees. Older sister Denise Gordon remembers they didn&#8217;t need to go far to have an adventure. To the kids, their backyard seemed a deep, dark forest. "We had a camper trailer in the back yard. We'd sleep out there all summer," said Denise.

Marie remembers going to Rogers High School with Susan. "When we got into High School and Jr High she was my buddy." Susan&#8217;s parents said she was a good student who sang in the concert choir and learned sign language. Years later while in Poland on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Marie remembers receiving a videotape with Susan signing a Christmas greeting. She said, "I was just kind of lonely and down. And I remember I just saw that and it made me laugh. I watched it again and again and again."

Marie&#8217;s wedding in June of 2008 was the last time all four sisters were together.

Denise speaks of wishing they'd had more time together that wedding day. Susan came to her house, but the visit was short. "It was hard. She (Susan) only stayed for a half hour or hour that day. There was a lot of regret. We should have made the time."

Susan and Josh Powell were married in April of 2001 in the LDS temple in Portland, Oregon. The family recalls that the young couple bounced around from place to place early in their marriage. At one point, they were resident managers of an assisted living facility in Yakima, Washington. Chuck said every move seemed to start and end with Josh&#8217;s discontent. "Josh was having trouble finding a job that was suiting him," he said. "Josh had some issues." The couple moved to West Valley City in 2004. Susan disappeared the night of December 6, 2009.

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/The-Susan-Powell-you-dont-know/Bn4gzlxWDU2uDHd_Azu0qA.cspx

I worry about those boys. If he killed their mother, and is afraid the older child has information, they are not safe, because a look in his face is all it takes to know he is heartless. Hopefully Josh knows that if a child disappears he is sunk.

A comment I saw on one of the Utah newspaper blogs sticks in the back of my mind. It was directed at Josh's father, and the poster basically said something like "his father did the same thing in the past and got away with it, so why would Josh think the results would be different for his own situation."

I've not been able to find information to support that statement (have not searched too much), and I cannot remember where I saw it (it was early on in the investigation).

Friends of Susan Powell organize blanket drive in her name
February 13th, 2010 @ 3:34pm
<snipped>
Friends and family of missing West Valley City mother Susan Powell gathered to help the community Saturday.

Susan's sister-in-law, Jennifer Graves, organized a blanket drive at a West Jordan church at 5176 W. Parr Drive. Local fabric stores donated about 30 yards of fabric. Volunteers cut the fabric into blankets and trimmed them with lace.

The whole project was done in Susan's name as part of a week of service in her honor.

The group donated the finished blankets to Primary Children's Medical Center.

*Video Included In Article!

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9677664
Video~The Dr. Phil Show: "The Disappearance of Susan Powell" 2:36
December 7th, 2009, Susan Powell and her husband Josh did not show up to work. Their children did not show up to daycare. When Susan turned up missing, Josh's story of taking his 2 and 4 year-old sons camping at midnight on the coldest night of the year in a snow storm immediately seemed out of the ordinary. Now that he has stopped helping police, Susan's parents reached out to Dr. Phil for help. Tune in Tuesday February 16th, 2010 as Dr. Phil goes over the details and phsychological quandaries with legal analyst Lisa Bloom. And hear the tough questions Dr. Phil has for Josh's sister...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp7K_-k21IM[/ame]
Joshua Powell's sister doubts him on 'Dr. Phil'
Television » Jennifer Graves says she feels 'caught in the middle.'

Updated: 02/13/2010 11:15:25 PM MST
<snipped>
"I'm kind of caught in the middle. My brother is a person of interest, but my sister-in-law, my good friend is missing," said Graves, in the episode taped last week. "What has bothered me the most [is that] he has been reluctant to participate in the media arena. That's our biggest tool in helping to find Susan. You are the husband!

There is more that you can do! So get up and do it!" Graves also said her brother avoids questions about his wife's disappearance.
"I asked him if he was involved and he wouldn't respond ... he literally doesn't say anything ... [he said] 'My lawyer said not to talk to anyone,'" his sister said during the show.

In the preview, Chuck Cox is said to discuss how he tried to be supportive of his son-in-law, but has since cast doubt on Joshua Powell's story of camping past midnight in subfreezing temperatures.

"In the beginning I wanted to be supportive, I believed that there would be a reasonable explanation ... but as my son-in-law shut down [it became] really hard to keep positive," Cox said, according to the preview. "It's frustrating, he won't cooperate with the police and that's impeding the investigation and it's stopping us from finding my daughter."

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14399155

and WHEN will justice be served and anything MOVE in this case? sorry for the impatience. I am just having a serious case of it... we ALL know what JOSH did...

Press Release: Dr. Phil talks to Susan Powell's family, together on stage for the first time Feb. 16
TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME ON ONE STAGE, SUSAN POWELL&#8217;S PARENTS AND SISTER-IN-LAW TALK TO DR. PHIL.
February 13, 9:41 PM
<snipped>
Susan Powell has been missing for over two months and her family is desperate to find her.

Josh is now a person of interest in the case, but after very limited conversations with police, he is not talking to anyone.

His behavior has shocked and frustrated those close to the family, including his own sister, Jennifer. &#8220;I&#8217;m kind of caught in the middle. My brother is a person of interest, but my sister-in-law, my good friend is missing,&#8221; said Jennifer. &#8220;What has bothered me the most [is that] he has been reluctant to participate in the media arena, that&#8217;s our biggest tool in helping to find Susan. You are the husband! There is more that you can do! So get up and do it!&#8221; She added, &#8220;I asked him if he was involved and he wouldn&#8217;t respond...he literally doesn&#8217;t say anything&#8230;[he said] &#8216;my lawyer said not to talk to anyone.&#8217;&#8221;

Chuck Cox added, &#8220;In the beginning I wanted to be supportive, I believed that there would be a reasonable explanation&#8230;but as my son-in-law shut down [it became] really hard to keep positive. It&#8217;s frustrating, he won&#8217;t cooperate with the police and that&#8217;s impeding the investigation and it&#8217;s stopping us from finding my daughter.&#8221;

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...s-family-together-on-stage-for-the-first-time
Susan Cox Powell Update: Cox family to hold press conference Monday
February 14, 11:30 PM
<snipped>
Susan Cox Powell's family will hold a press conference Monday, Feb. 15, 2010 at 2 p.m. at the Best Western Hotel located at 620 S. Hill Park Drive, Puyallup, Wa.

Members of the media are invited to arrive at 12 p.m. to set up equipment as needed.

The Cox family, including parents and siblings, will hold the press conference. Several members of the Cox family are scheduled to be present. A family spokesperson will read a statement and answer questions that have previously not been addressed by the Cox family.

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...te-Cox-family-to-hold-press-conference-Monday
Parents to unveil foundation dedicated to Susan Powell
Updated: 02/14/2010 09:12:13 PM MST
<snipped>
Chuck and Judy Cox, of Puyallup, Wash., along with other family members have created the Susan Cox Powell Foundation, according to a Sunday news release.

Details about the foundation were not immediately available Sunday evening. But the Cox family plans to discuss the foundation during a Monday news conference scheduled for 2 p.m at a Best Western Hotel in Puyallup.

Shelby Gifford, a spokesperson for Chuck and Judy Cox, said in the Sunday news release that in addition to the foundation, the family will "answer questions that have previously not been addressed" related to the case of Susan Cox Powell, who was reported missing Dec. 7. The release does not specify topics the family will discuss.

West Valley City police could not be immediately reached for comment Sunday evening about the press conference or the status of the investigation into Susan Cox Powell's disappearance. West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan told The Salt Lake Tribune last week that progress continues to be made in the case, but police cannot speak about specifics of the investigation, including forensic testing done on the Powell home.

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14402516
Family of Susan Cox Powell holding press conference today
Last Update: 7:58 am
<snipped>
A week of service in honor of Susan Powell wraps up today as her parents are set to make a big announcement in regard to a non-profit organization set up in Susan's name.

They will discuss details of the foundation during a news conference scheduled for 2 p.m. today in Washington. Shelby Gifford, a spokesperson for Chuck and Judy Cox, said they will also answer many of the difficult questions people have been asking.

One of those questions is, &#8220;Are they worried about their grandchildren? Chuck Cox said, &#8220;I don't know if the kids are in physical danger but I am concerned.&#8221;

West valley police say progress is being made but they won't comment on what that is.

Video: Family of Susan Cox Powell holding press conference today 2/15/10 2:07
- A week of service in honor of Susan Powell wraps up today as her parents are set to make a big announcement in regard to a non-profit organization set up in Susan's name.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=96231@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...ell-holding-press/u4OW2BjjaUaj6t5tTw1HKA.cspx
Family of Susan Powell to hold news conference, launch foundation
11:20 AM MST, February 15, 2010
<snipped>
The family of missing West Valley City woman, Susan Powell, has launched a Web site dedicated to the 28-year-old mother of two and will be participating in a press conference Monday afternoon responding to some unanswered questions. The site, susancoxfoundation.org, features a picture gallery and a section of the people involved in the foundation. Kirk Graves, the brother-in-law of Susan's husband, Josh Powell, said the Web site is a non-profit organization the family wanted to form in order to keep the story in the public eye.

The Cox family is expected to hold a news conference at 2:00 p.m. MDT. A spokesperson will read a statement and answer questions that have not been answered before.

Josh Powell, who remains the only person of interest in the case and has not cooperated with the police investigation so far, is not expected to be at the conference.

Video: Family of Susan Powell to hold news conference, launch foundation 2:19
http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/?watchId=f3a9e7d7-413b-44e2-9773-1c487f38b223

Susan Cox Foundation
http://susancoxfoundation.org/

Article:
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-susan-powell-family-news-conference-website,0,6670292.story
New foundation honors missing Utah mom
February 15th, 2010 @ 12:38pm
<snipped>
The family of a missing West Valley City woman is setting up a nonprofit organization to help others in similar situations. The woman's husband currently has nothing to do with it.

She says Susan was an example of service. Susan's family believes they can honor her with this foundation. Her parents unveiled the nonprofit Susan Cox Powell Foundation Monday near their home in Puyallup, Wash.

Gifford says day-to-day contact with Josh Powell has been non-existent. "Our family has reached out to Josh and has had no response," Gifford says.

The foundation's website says its mission includes:
&#8226;To assist families of missing persons by providing no-cost strategic media consulting services.
&#8226;To research and catalog resources across the United States that may be helpful to families of missing persons.
&#8226;To support domestic violence prevention efforts and to participate in community- and school-based education about domestic violence prevention.

Audio: Cleon Wall reporting
http://real.ksl.com/video/slc/3/312/31240.mp3

&#8226;Susan Cox Powell Foundation
http://susancoxfoundation.org/

&#8226;Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook Page
http://bit.ly/findsusan

&#8226;Susan Powell missing posters
http://bit.ly/4ppWVz

&#8226;Susan Powell Twitter account
http://twitter.com/FindSusan

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9689542

Part 2:

*I didn't want you to miss these updates! :wink:

Susan Powell's family alleges physical abuse
News conference » Missing WVC woman's family shares more details about alleged marital struggles.

Updated: 02/15/2010 09:46:25 PM MST
<snipped>
The 28-year-old West Valley City woman had endured an increasingly adversarial relationship with her husband, Joshua Powell, which included "egregious acts of control," said Shelby Gifford, a family friend and the spokeswoman for Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox.

At a news conference held in her hometown Monday -- more than two months after her Dec. 7 disappearance -- the family said Susan Powell confided in a close friend that her husband was physically abusive at least once, but she did not seek medical assistance or file a police report. They would not provide any other details about the alleged incident.

Jennifer Powell Graves, sister of Joshua Powell, said that Susan Powell told her she had a physical altercation with her husband about 18 months ago. She declined to provide further details. Police and court records show Joshua Powell has never been arrested for or charged with abuse against his wife. His attorney, Scott C. Williams, was not available to comment on the allegation Monday.

Susan Powell enjoyed gardening, they said what they didn't know was that, for her, it was a survival tactic: Her husband refused to give her money she needed to feed her family. "She was told she needed to grow the food that her children ate," said Gifford.

Joshua Powell isolated his wife by preventing her from using the family car and constantly changed the access codes to their bank account, despite the fact that she earned most of the family's money, Gifford said. She said Joshua Powell also worked to alienate Susan Powell from her children. He often tried to "undo" his wife's parenting efforts, such as taking the children out of bed and telling them their "Mommy is so mean" after she put them down for the night, Gifford said.

Powell had suggested to family and friends she would end the relationship by their April 6 anniversary if the relationship didn't improve. Her family says they are not sure whether Joshua Powell knew about that deadline.

*Much more at link!

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14405679
Family accuses missing woman's husband of abuse
February 15th, 2010 @ 9:52pm
<snipped>
The family of missing West Valley City woman Susan Powell held a press conference Monday in Washington state. They made some strong allegations against Susan's husband, Josh Powell, who has avoided media and police questioning.

Much of the family's frustration is directed at Josh.

"All of his actions are inconsistent with someone who cares about his wife, and so it has given me great pause," Susan's father, Charles Cox, said. "I'm not buying this story that he gave the police, and I'm waiting for the rest of the story and for him to cooperate and help us find our daughter."

Cox family family spokeswoman Shelby Gifford said since Susan's disappearance, the family has learned much more about Josh and Susan's relationship. The family now believes Josh was emotionally and physically abusive toward Susan.

Gifford said Josh was also very controlling.

"Including controlling her use of the car, denying her access to the family finances -- even though she brought in most of the money -- repeatedly sabotaging her parenting efforts, and even governing which groceries she could buy," Gifford said.

*Much more at link!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voliq4Hfygw[/ame]

Audio: Cleon Wall reporting on newly-established foundation
http://real.ksl.com/video/slc/3/312/31240.mp3

Audio: Marc Giauque reporting on alleged abuse
http://real.ksl.com/video/slc/3/312/31244.mp3

Related:
&#8226;Legislation on DNA collection upon felony arrest
http://www.dnasaves.org/

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9689542&autostart=y
Susan Powell's family: Josh abused her
Last Update: 5:41 pm
<snipped>
Through family friend and spokesperson Shelby Gifford, Susan's family members revealed that Josh Powell had been abusing her for years.

Gifford said the abuse was mostly emotional in nature, and family members say there was at least one instance of physical abuse, although they offered no details.

Gifford also said Josh would not allocate enough money for Susan to buy groceries, which caused her to become a gardener to provide enough food for the children and herself.

Gifford said the couple had been getting counseling, and that Susan made an April 6, 2010 deadline of leaving Josh if he did not mend his abusive ways. April 6th is Josh and Susan's wedding anniversary.

Susan's parents Charles and Judy Cox said they want Josh to come clean and cooperate with investigators, because they believe he knows something about her disappearance.

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/about_4...y-Josh-abused-her/Sx5zeHgtuEOB0EzmY-gchw.cspx
Missing Woman's Family Says Husband 'Knows Something'
Posted: 4:16 pm PST February 15, 2010
Updated: 6:00 pm PST February 15, 2010
<snipped>
Nearly a month and a half after Susan Cox Powell vanished, her parents on Monday said they believe her husband is not telling the truth about their daughter's disappearance.

The family told reporters that they are more convinced than ever that Joshua Powell knows what happened to the 28-year-old mother of two.

Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, said there is no way their daughter would have deliberately left her two young boys.

"I feel that she could have been taken against her will. I don't know. It's not like my daughter to leave," Judy Cox said.

During a news conference in Puyallup, the Cox family announced the establishment of a foundation to help women in their daughter's situation.

Video: Parents Of Missing Puyallup Mom Believe Her Husband Is Not Telling The Truth 2:01
http://www.kirotv.com/video/22574542/index.html

Article:
http://www.kirotv.com/news/22573835/detail.html
Family: Missing woman's husband controlled her
Story Published: Feb 15, 2010 at 5:00 PM PST
Story Updated: Feb 15, 2010 at 6:25 PM PST
<snipped>
On Monday the woman's family, wearing purple ribbons in her honor, addressed the media. Family spokesperson Shelby Gifford said the missing woman's husband, Josh Powell, was extremely controlling of his wife.

"Those who spent the most time with Susan on a day-to-day basis report witnessing egregious acts of control on Josh's part," she said.

"I think he knows something that he's not telling us," said the missing woman's mother, Judy Cox.

"I'm not buying the story that he gave police," added the woman's father, Chuck Cox.

The missing woman's sister, Denise Gordon, said she recently had a dream about Susan Powell. "She was sweeping yellow paper and I asked her in the dream, I said, 'Well, didn't anybody recognize you? And she said, 'Well, I was in a closet,'" she said. "That gives me hope that she's still around."

"It's a difficult thing. It's very frustrating, because we want to know the grandchildren are OK. We want pt be able to talk with them and play with them," said Chuck Cox. "They're having a hard time. They're really missing her," said Gordon of the Powells' boys.

The missing woman's family members have established The Susan Cox Powell Foundation, which aims to fuel the search by reminding people of Susan Powell's disappearance. The foundation's mission also includes educating others, including kids in school to recognize early signs of domestic violence and how to report it, as well as a national database of information to help potential victims recognize signs of an abusive relationship.

Article:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/84418127.html
Experts say Susan Powell didn't do anything wrong
Last Update: 8:58 pm
<snipped>
"She just didn't know what resources were out there for her," said Carla Arroyo, the executive director of the South Valley Sanctuary.

Powell's parents claimed that she was both mentally and physically abused. Friends recalled of the controlling nature of her husband Josh Powell. "They've had problems for a very long time," said Tim Petersen who befriended Susan. "You can tell they're roommates."

Petersen said Josh Powell controlled the finances even though Susan was the main bread winner. According to Peterson, Susan was forced to ride her bicycle to work while Josh kept the family van. And it wasn't easy. From their West Valley home near 6000 West and 3800 South she rode her bike seven miles one way to her banking job near the airport. That controlling trait has been seen often by domestic violence experts.

"Control is a weapon that they use," said Arroyo. "This is what they use to keep a victim on the side." Victims of domestic violence understand why Susan Powell didn't reach out for help. It's called fear.

"I was only allowed to go to grocery store and then I had to take one of my children with me," said a woman who was a victim of domestic violence but didn't want her name revealed. "Basically my whole family was cut off from me. He had threatened to harm my family, threatened to kill them."

*More at link!

For more information about shelters call the South Valley Sanctuary at (801) 255-1095. Or visit: http://www.udvac.org/linkline_shelters.pdf to learn about shelters throughout Utah.

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...do-anything-wrong/lwy3ysDGXkmpxZv5FKAJdA.cspx
Reports of abuse confirmed by Susan Powell's friends
Last Update: 2/15 9:42 pm
<snipped>
ABC 4 spoke Monday with Josh Powell&#8217;s sister, Jenny Graves.

&#8220;She talked to me about the lack of funds for groceries, the fact she couldn&#8217;t get him to allow her to buy groceries.&#8221; Jenny says, &#8220;He would give her ten dollars and tell her you can buy this, this and this&#8230; and there were many occasions when I would have her over to dinner with her boys because they wouldn&#8217;t have enough food to eat.&#8221;

Money wasn&#8217;t the only thing that Josh controlled. He also dictated who could drive the car, leaving Susan to ride her bike seven miles to work everyday.

Jenny also says that Susan told her about increasing emotional abuse. She went on to say her brother is a lot like her controlling father.

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...-by-Susan-Powells/vhhQI69ZLkaP43nMeteP-w.cspx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Missing woman's family demands answers from son-in-law
Updated Feb 16, 2010 - 8:39 am
<snipped>
Relatives of a former Puyallup woman are losing patience with the missing woman's husband and they're demanding their son-in-law explain his wife's disappearance.

"I do believe he knows something he's not telling us," said Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox.

"I'm not buying this story that he gave the police and I'm waiting for the rest of the story and for him to cooperate and help us find our daughter," said Cox.

"I find it very disturbing that he won't speak up or say anything...and that he doesn't seem to show concern, love, or care," said Susan's mother, Judy Cox.

Article:
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=284896
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Family of Susan Cox Powell allege abuse, launch foundation
Published: Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2010 12:20 a.m. MST
<snipped>
In the time since Susan Cox Powell went missing more than two months ago, her family and friends have had time to "compare notes," and, in so doing, they found stories of Susan's struggles in an "adversarial relationship" with her husband, Joshua, said Cox family spokeswoman Shelby Gifford.

"Right now we just don't know. We don't have all the facts. We can say, however, without reservation that Susan was a victim of domestic abuse in her own home," she said.

"Many of us marveled at Susan's green thumb and her garden," Gifford said. "I know that you've heard us talk about that before. It was something she was great at but she didn't do it, we found out, because she loved to garden. She did it because she didn't have a budget for groceries and she was told she needed to grow the food that her children ate."

Gifford said Joshua Powell controlled Susan Cox Powell's use of the family car, sabotaged her parenting efforts by telling the boys that "Mommy was mean" for putting them to bed, dictated which groceries she could and could not buy, and denied her access to the family finances, "even though she brought in most of the money."

"Each of us had a small sliver of the whole picture, and when we began to put those pieces together, it became apparent to us Susan endured a difficult marriage and an adversarial relationship with her husband, Joshua," Gifford said.

Susan Cox Powell also reported one physical confrontation to a friend, Gifford said, but never went to police. Gifford said Susan Cox Powell alone attended marriage counseling sessions she had set up for her and her husband and had told close friends that, if the marriage didn't improve, she would leave her husband on the couple's anniversary in April of this year.

Joshua Powell relocated to Puyallup with the couple's two young boys, Charlie and Braden, at the end of December. During that time, Gifford said Susan Cox Powell's parents, Charles "Chuck" Cox and Judy Cox, have seen the boys for a total of three hours.

*More at link!

Article:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700009814/Family-of-Susan-Powell-allege-abuse.html

Powell family on national talk show to spread word of missing Utah woman
10:06 PM MST, February 16, 2010
<snipped>
Detectives say they received several phone calls after Susan Cox Powell's family appeared on the nationally syndicated talk show, " Dr. Phil." Susan's neighbors and friends watched the show, which dedicated the entire hour to the missing person case. All of Susan's loved ones hoped this would help in the search effort to find the missing West Valley mother of two.

Josh's own sister, Jennifer told Dr. Phil she is torn and that her brother's behavior is very strange. She was asked if Josh was asked if he did anything with Susan. And Jennifer says he wouldn't respond to the question and that he "won't say either way."

Video: Cox Family Appears On Dr. Phil To Talk About Missing Family Member 2:22
http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/?watchId=a927ddd3-f55e-46bd-a1a3-26760b6122bf

Video: Family of Susan Powell to hold news conference, launch foundation
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-tivid-susan-powell-news-conference-website,0,398377.tivideo

Video: Family of Susan Powell accuses husband of abuse
http://www.fox13now.com/news/nationworld/kstu-tivid-susan-powell-family-conference,0,3924615.tivideo

Article:
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-powell-family-on-national-talkshow,0,2836998.story
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Susan Powell's family expresses frustrations on 'Dr. Phil'
Published: Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2010 6:08 p.m. MST
<snipped>
Dr. Phil McGraw presented the show as a way to prompt people to consider what they would do if they suspected their loved one was killed by someone meant to care for them. He cast doubts on what he called Joshua Powell's "odd alibi," stating that his stories "don't add up."

Jennifer Graves spoke of her conflicted position having a brother who is a person of interest in the disappearance of a sister-in-law whom she considers a "good friend."

"The thing that has bothered me the most about Josh's behavior is that he has been uncooperative with the police in giving them any details," she said. "You're the husband, there's more you can do. Get up and do it."

Cox said the story of a father who believes his daughter was killed by her husband and was kept from his grandchildren for seven years, prompted him to "strengthen his resolve" in maintaining a relationship with his grandsons.

"We will be talking to them," he said. "No matter how it feels or what it takes."

In an e-mail Monday, family spokeswoman Shelby Gifford asked the media to refer to Susan Powell as Susan Cox Powell. Gifford said this was because those who loved her knew her as Susan Cox, though the world knows her as Susan Powell. The foundation started in her name will be the Susan Cox Powell Foundation.

Article:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...family-expresses-frustrations-on-Dr-Phil.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Family continues search for Susan Powell, keep her in public eye
February 16th, 2010 @ 5:03pm
<snipped>
The family of missing woman Susan Powell is following the advice and example of Ed Smart. He held regular news conferences during his daughter's disappearance to keep her name and face in the public eye.

"It seems he's just doing everything possible to distance himself from memories of Susan," said Kirk Graves about his brother-in-law Josh Powell. "You reach a point where it goes from a sprint to a marathon, and we feel like we're in a marathon," Grave said. "It's been very difficult." They've gone from trying to stay neutral to openly criticizing Josh and his bizarre behavior.

Both the Graves and Susan's parents say Susan was a victim of emotional and physical abuse in her marriage. It's behavior they say Josh learned from his own father. "What Josh grew up with was an environment of manipulating women to get what he wants," said Graves. "They were not valuable people, you don't have to treat your wife with respect, and when it came time for things to end, you just treated them however you felt like and got rid of them."

Powell and his father have repeatedly refused requests for interviews. Graves says when Josh was 16, his parents went through a bitter divorce and Josh moved in with his father. He has now moved in with his father again -- this time with his two young children -- while the search for his missing wife continues in Utah.

"The more the public is aware of it, the better the opportunity for information to come in," said Capt. Tom McLachlan of the West Valley City Police Department.

"If there was one thing I would say to Josh right now, it would be just one question: &#8216;What do you know?' And because I think he knows a lot, if I could get an honest answer to that question, I think that everybody would appreciate an honest response," Graves said. West Valley Police say they have not had any recent contact with Josh Powell.

Important phone numbers
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9707471&pid=1

Safety plan
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9707471&pid=2

&#8226;Salt Lake City police Domestic Violence Victim Advocate program
http://www.slcpd.com/insideslcpd/investigationsbureau/detectives/domesticviolence.html

&#8226;Danger Assessment
http://media.bonnint.net/slc/1787/178746/17874679.pdf

&#8226; PDF: Victim resources
http://media.bonnint.net/slc/1787/178746/17874696.pdf

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9707471
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Susan Powell's parents worried for her children
Febuary 17, 2010 Last update 10:08pm
<snipped>
The last time Judy and Chuck Cox were allowed to see the boys -- 5 year old Charlie and 3 year old Bradon -- was January 3rd. Since that time they say they've tried to arrange visits, but have gotten no response from Josh Powell, Susan's husband.

The Cox family fears that Josh has now cut the already strained lines of communication.

Chuck Cox said, "They should have been with his sister Jenny in Utah," Chuck said he was satisfied that Jenny Graves was taking good care of the boys after Susan was first reported missing. He expressed disappointment that Josh took the boys away from the only home and community they'd known at such a critical time.

At this point, Susan's parents can't be sure the boys are getting any emotional support. "I'm not aware they're getting any help right now, other than I'm sure they're fed," Chuck says.

During a press conference on Monday and an exclusive interview with ABC 4 on Tuesday, Judy and Chuck Cox said they've had discussions on taking their concerns to court. Chuck said, "We're willing to do whatever it takes."

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/sto...-for-her-children/YuOR2edlsUSUg0ISivFXGw.cspx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Missing woman's family appears on Dr. Phil
Updated Feb 17, 2010 - 10:06 am
<snipped>
Dr. Phil asked Powell parents if they had questioned their grandsons about their mom's disappearance. "How do you ask that without coercion, without tainting their views?" answered Cox.

Legal Analyst Lisa Bloom also appeared on the Dr. Phil program and offered some perspective on why police have not arrested Josh Powell. "They probably have probable cause now, but they don't have proof beyond a reasonable doubt. So they're waiting. I can assure you they're following him. They're tracking his phone calls. They have GPS on his car. They're watching everything that he does hoping to find more evidence."

Bloom also believes Powell's story about going on a camping trip with his boys in the middle of the night is laughable. "I think that Josh's alibi is preposterous, it's outrageous, and it's an insult to our intelligence."

Bloom said detectives are likely biding their time. "They're probably also waiting for the snow to melt in the spring and hoping they might find some evidence at that point."

Audio: Listen to Larry's report
http://www.mynorthwest.com/resource...hp?a=14926&f=/kiro/2010/02/02172010100539.mp3

Article:
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=285409
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friends and Family Allege Susan Powell Was Abused by Husband
Missing Mom's Family and Friends Unite Against Joshua Powell

2/17/10
<snipped>
"We can say, without reservation, that Susan was a victim of domestic abuse within her own home," Gifford said.

Gifford said Jennifer Graves, Joshua Powell's sister, and her husband recently visited Joshua in Washington state, where he now lives, to spend time with the children. But when Graves confronted her brother about his wife's disappearance, Joshua asked her to leave his house.

Tuesday, Graves publicly questioned her brother's behavior on the "Dr. Phil Show," saying she hopes he did not commit a crime but "the truth is going to come out eventually."

Joshua Powell and his attorney have refused to comment directly on the latest allegations. In an e-mail to ABC News, his attorney said he believes supporters of Joshua Powell are preparing a response to the "untrue allegations."

Police have said repeatedly that Powell has hampered the investigation by refusing to answer several questions. Investigators have been out to the area where Powell reportedly took the boys. But they have not found any evidence to corroborate his story and said he would not show them the exact camping location.

Investigators said they have uncovered an e-mail from Susan Powell in which she tells friends that her marriage is troubled.

Joshua Powell hired noted Salt Lake City criminal defense attorney Scott Williams as attention turned on him.

Williams has previously told ABC News that Powell was not going to comment and that Powell would rather keep the focus on the search for his wife.

WATCH: Missing Mom's Family Claim Abuse by Husband
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jos...82930&section=1206852&playlist=1538933&page=1

WATCH: Silent Killers of Women
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/video/silent-killers-women-9873055

Article: Missing Mom's Family Launches Media Blitz
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/susan-powell-family-plans-social-media-blitz-find/story?id=9471313

WATCH: Missing Mom Mystery Twist
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=9510463

WATCH: Campaign to Bring Missing Mom Home
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=9471717

Article: Cops Pressed to Arrest in Missing Mom Case
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/susan-pow...sure-mounting-husband-arrest/story?id=9398050

View the Susan Powell video on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/susanpowellsearch

Article:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/susan-powell-family-friends-unite-husband/story?id=9857963

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4838617&postcount=670"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

there is a thread started on this on the main page.

Could this be Susan???

Photos, ribbons distributed in Washington neighborhood of Joshua Powell
Updated: 02/25/2010 06:08:24 PM MST
<snipped>
Reminders of missing West Valley City mother Susan Cox Powell are plastered around the neighborhood where the only person of interest in the case is now living. :clap:

Supporters of Susan Powell have canvassed the Washington state neighborhood where her husband Joshua has moved with the couple's two children, Charlie, 5, and Braden, 3. Several posters with Susan Powell's photo, adorned with purple tape and ribbons, are hanging on signs, light posts and trees, said Shelby Gifford, a spokeswoman for Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox.

Joshua Powell, 34, is staying at the home of his father, Steven Powell, in a gated community called Country Hollow. The home is in South Hill, an area just outside of Puyallup, Wash.

:clap: Two posters with Susan Powell's photo are prominently displayed at the entrance of the gated community. :clap:

Gifford said the Coxes are grateful for attention to the search for their daughter as well as the outpouring of support from neighbors in Puyallup. Besides ribbons and fliers in the Powell neighborhood, merchants have posted Susan Powell information on the marquees of their businesses.

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14471715
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Neighbors to Josh Powell: Your wife is still missing
Story Published: Feb 25, 2010 at 11:10 PM PST
Story Updated: Feb 26, 2010 at 6:38 AM PST
<snipped>
There's a hint of purple on almost every light post in one Puyallup community. Each serves as a message to the residents there, one in particular. "I do not understand how he can pick up and move -- almost act as if nothing happened," said neighbor Colleen Russell.

Russell started the campaign to put purple ribbons and flyers throughout her private gated community, which she shares with Josh Powell.

Perplexed by Josh's move, Russell started a campaign to keep Susan's disappearance front and center in their Puyallup community. She has passed out flyers, talked to neighbors, and encouraged them to keep Susan's memory alive.

One of the flyers, along with a ribbon, sits on a light pole across the street from Josh's new home. "I felt that people should know that she&#8217;s missing," said another neighbor, Rosalina Reyes, who is helping canvass the neighborhood. "Hopefully someone will see her and call 911."

Russel said she didn't know Susan Powell, but she was moved by the woman's story to act. "We're going to be visible and... it's not right to move away and forget," Russell said. "I don't feel as a neighbor so much that there's a danger to me, but I do feel that he needs to still have it in the forefront [of his mind.]" Josh Powell's family did not want to comment on the neighbors' campaign.

100225_susan_powell_flyer.jpg

Article:
http://www.komonews.com/news/85455257.html

It seems quiet on the Susan Powell forum...does anyone have any new thoughts? I feel strongly about the fact that the husband rented a storage room somewhere and that in it will be more answers. Can you get that information from astro?

Joshua Powell's father: Fliers of missing mom upset kids
Steven Powell » 'We all support any legitimate effort to locate Susan.'

Updated: 02/26/2010 05:50:53 PM MST
<snipped>
Joshua Powell's father on Friday said posters of his missing daughter-in-law plastered around his Washington state neighborhood this week are upsetting and confusing his two young grandchildren.

"Five-year-old Charlie did notice the flyers, and was concerned, asking why his mother's picture was on all the signs," said Steven Powell, father-in-law of Susan Powell, in an e-mail. "We have made every effort to shield the children from emotional trauma and will continue to do so."

Joshua Powell and his sons, ages 5 and 3, have been living with Steven Powell since December. The home is in a gated community in South Hill, an area just outside of Puyallup, Wash.

Colleen Russell, who lives two doors down from the Powells, said she organized the effort after seeing a recent episode of "Dr. Phil" discussing the search for Susan Powell. Russell went door to door and asked neighbors if she could tie purple ribbons to trees in their yard in honor of Susan Powell. Many in the neighborhood didn't know about the case or Joshua Powell's connection to it, she said.

Steven Powell said the homeowner's association in his gated community has agreed to take down some of the Susan Powell memorabilia as well as to pay for cleanup of the materials.

Steven Powell in his e-mail to The Tribune confirmed that his son has been frustrated by reports that he is not allowing Chuck and Judy Cox to see their grandchildren, Charlie and Braden.
Powell included an audio recording in the e-mail of a last-minute phone message Chuck Cox left at the Powells informing them they wouldn't be able to attend one of the children's birthday party because someone in their LDS Church ward had been admitted to the hospital.

Shelby Gifford, a spokeswoman for the Coxes, said Chuck Cox canceled only after someone collapsed from a heart attack in the same room as him during a meeting at church. She said that Josh Powell refused to allow his boys to attend a birthday party at the Cox home on Dec. 19.

At point, Josh Powell told Chuck Cox, "The kids can't come over. You understand," Gifford said. "He said, 'I don't understand. Explain it to me,'" Gifford said. Josh Powell gave no answers, and hasn't been consistently returning phone calls, she said. The last time Josh Powell allowed his sons to visit the Coxes was Jan.3.

Wayne Hamberg, a friend of Josh Powell who lives in Utah, recently told The Tribune that Josh Powell has been treated unfairly by his in-laws. He said when Josh has brought the boys to the Coxes home, he has to wait outside.

*Much more at link!

The entrance to the gated community where Joshua Powell is living in Washington state is covered with posters of his missing wife, Susan.
20100226__joshpowell_022710~1_GALLERY.jpg

The home page of SusanPowell.org, a new site made by supporters of the missing woman's husband, Joshua.
20100226__joshpowell_022710~2_GALLERY.jpg

A flier for Susan Powell is posted on a light post in the Washington state neighborhood of the missing woman's husband, Joshua.
20100226__joshpowell_022710~3_GALLERY.jpg

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14478879
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friends of Susan Cox Powell question website; push purple ribbons
Last Update: 9:34 pm
<snipped>
Ribbons and flyers have been popping up in the neighborhood where Josh Powell, Susan's husband, now lives in his father's house. They were put up by two women who live in the same neighborhood. "If that were my husband... I would stay in that town," said Colleen Russell. "I would stay in that home until he came back or until a body was found." The women were surprised Friday to find that most of their work had been undone. The flyers were gone as well as many of the ribbons. They vowed to be out again on Saturday to replace what was torn down. "We're going to be visible," Russell said. "I don't feel as a neighbor so much that there's a danger to me, but I do feel that he needs to still have it in the forefront [of his mind.]"

While the war of ribbons continues, a new webpage claims to be "the official site" for information about Susan Powell and her family. One the site's home page is a photograph of Susan, Josh and their two boys camping at night in the snow.

Friends of Susan say the picture is disturbing because of Josh's explanation of what he was doing the night of his wife's disappearance. They strongly suspect that Josh or his dad are behind the new webpage.

ABC 4 traced the domain name www.susanpowell.org through Go Daddy.com to another company called Domains by Proxy in Scottsdale, Arizona. This company promises anonymity saying on it's homepage, "Your identity is nobody's business but ours." Our trail ended there, but we did find that Josh's dad, Steve Powell, uses the same proxy service for his website, http://stevechantrey.com.

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...tion-website-push/bE0EdTcR1Eq_KWqOvNqHKQ.cspx
Josh Powell makes first public effort to find missing wife
7:48 PM MST, February 26, 2010
<snipped>
In his own way of reaching out toward the public for the first time, Josh Powell, husband of the missing Utah mother, had his own site published online, dedicated to his missing wife and wellbeing of his children. Susan Powell dot org makes no mention of other search sites for Susan -- sites that have already garnered a vast nationwide following. The Facebook page currently has over 45,000 members.

Susan's friend, Kiirsi Hellewell says that when the search for Susan went online Josh told her he "owned" the SusanPowell.org domain. "We said, great, get it up," says Hellewell. That was nearly two months ago. The site has new pictures of Susan and her family and references West Valley Police for potential tipsters who may know the whereabouts of Susan Cox Powell.

Susan Powell dot org says it is the official website for her. But her parents, the Cox family, say they do not sanction the site and do not want anyone to confuse it with the Facebook page or their website, Susan Cox Powell Foundation dot Org.

"Some of things Josh says on the website are very contradictory to what I know from Susan's own mouth," says Hellewell.

Video: Josh Powell makes first public effort to find missing wife 2:38
http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/?watchId=f0086ee2-5c3c-4801-8527-f2761c8a4b94

Article:
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-josh-powell-first-public-effort-find-susan,0,1876920.story
Web site: Josh Powell is 'loving father and husband'
Story Published: Feb 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM PST
Story Updated: Feb 27, 2010 at 2:11 AM PST
<snipped>
A Web site claims to be the official source of information on missing Puyallup native Susan Powell and her family. The site SusanPowell.org features a photograph of the missing woman, her husband, Josh Powell, and their two boys out in the snow, next to a campfire at night. "Susan, we love you and miss you!

It is not known who set up the site that claims to have "exclusive access and copyright to more photos, videos, and even continuing information about the beautiful woman we love so dearly."

According to a search of the WHOIS database, SusanPowell.org is registered to Domain by Proxy, Inc., a company that enables its clients to anonymously register for Web sites. The site was created in July 2006, according to the database.

The site offers a description of both Josh and Susan Powell, painting Josh Powell as "a loving father and husband" -- a stark contrast from the abusive and controlling image Susan Powell's friends and family members had portrayed of him.

"He (Josh Powell) likes to take his wife out to dinner or watch movies with her. He regularly does activities with his beautiful wife and with his entire family. Josh is totally committed to his wife and children, continually finding new and engaging activities to do with them," states the site. "He also loves photography, especially when the photos are of Susan and the boys." Of Susan Powell, the site says the woman "has many hobbies and interests such as singing, gardening, and socializing with friends." "She holds nothing back when socializing with friends. You could say she wears her heart on her sleeve," the site says.

The missing woman's family members have established The Susan Cox Powell Foundation, which aims to fuel the search by reminding people of Susan Powell's disappearance.

SusanPowell.org
http://www.susanpowell.org/

The Susan Cox Powell Foundation
http://www.susancoxpowellfoundation.org/

Article:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/85634072.html

Josh Powell's Puyallup, Wash., neighbor raising awareness Susan is missing, gets positive feedback
February 26, 8:06 PM
<snipped>
Colleen Russell, Josh Powell's Puyallup, Wash., neighbor, says she's been busy knocking on doors to raise awareness about Susan Cox Powell's disappearance. Colleen lives only two blocks from Steven's home. She learned about the case through the media and felt compelled to do something after seeing the Dr. Phil show.

She contacted the Coxes about two weeks ago to let them know she wanted to help raise awareness about Susan's disappearance. She met with them and they talked for about an hour. Prior to that meeting she'd never met the Coxes and didn't know Josh or Susan. "No one can get Josh to talk," she said. "I don't feel it's fair for Josh to move out of the town, state, and house he and his wife lived in with their two sons and act like he's forgotten his wife is missing."

Colleen said she would like to get the message out to Josh Powell encouraging him to begin communicating with police. She said, "I'm not saying Josh is guilty, I'm not judge and jury. I'm just saying let's get out there and do what we can to help find Susan." She wonders why Josh is not passing out ribbons and fliers to raise awareness about his missing wife. Colleen canvassed her neighborhood, knocking on doors and asking neighbors if they would be willing to put a purple ribbon in their yard to help raise awareness that Susan is missing. "I was just amazed," she said, "At how many of them didn't know about Susan when her husband lives right here in our neighborhood."

It's kind of ironic that Josh, who lives with his father and three adults siblings, all 24 and older, and all unemployed, according to their older sister, Jennifer Graves, have not themselves been out canvassing the neighborhood raising awareness that Susan is missing.

"Of all the people I've approached," she said, "I'd say about 95% were positive and wanted to help raise awareness by putting a purple ribbon on their porch or tree, or by taking packets of Forget-Me-Not flower seeds provided by the Coxes to plant in their gardens this spring." She's only had two people who were not willing to put a ribbon in their yard. One just said no and the other was adamant that Steven Powell is a friend and that Josh has not been proven guilty of anything. He told her he didn't appreciate that people were pointing the finger at Josh.

When Colleen met with the Coxes a week-and-a-half ago they gave her packets of purple Forget-Me-Not flower seeds from the Laura Recovery Center with Susan's information and picture on the back. Included was information about the Susan Cox Powell foundation and a link to the website. They also provided her with fliers and purple ribbons that people can put on their front door or tree to raise awareness that Susan is still missing.

Her conversation with the Coxes was positive. They talked for about an hour and discussed empowering women. She felt connected with Susan, on some level, because they are both part of the Mary Kay family. "Some time last summer Susan became a Mary Kay consultant," Debbie Caldwell, Susan's good friend and daycare provider said. "This was the only way she could have nice quality products for herself. Her husband, Josh, controlled her money so she wasn't able to have all the nice things she wanted. She was a cosmetologist before becoming a stock broker, so she knew how important it was to use good quality products on her hair and skin."

Colleen, a Senior Sales Director for Mary Kay, said she feels Susan is a part of a sisterhood she belongs to and felt a connection when she learned Susan was a Mary Kay consultant. Mary Kay has a foundation set up to raise awareness about domestic violence, the Mary Kay Charitable Foundation, so Colleen called their headquarters to let them know about Susan's case.

*More at link!

Susan's Mary Kay
http://www.marykay.com/LocatorSearchResults.aspx?name=susan powell&state=UT&sl=1&nr=1

Slideshow: Susan Cox Powell - Purple ribbons and fliers in Josh's neighborhood
http://www.examiner.com/examinerslideshow.html?entryid=1042051

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...eness-Susan-is-missing-gets-positive-feedback
Susan Cox Powell: 'Where have all the ribbons gone, again?' Josh says fliers upset the kids
February 27, 5:26 PM
<snipped>
This isn't the first time ribbons and fliers put up as a reminder that Susan Cox Powell remains missing have been taken down. Earlier this month Susan's house was decorated in her honor, then one night, the decorations disappeared. And now supporters of Susan Powell canvassed her husband's new Puyallup neighborhood putting up ribbons and fliers only to watch them be taken down Friday.

Fliers and ribbons were also placed on mailboxes, light posts, and posts at the entrances. Almost as fast as they went up many of the fliers and ribbons were taken down.

Colleen Russell, one of the neighbors involved in putting up the fliers and ribbons received a text message from a concerned neighbor in the community Friday afternoon stating that the ribbons and fliers were being removed from Country Hollow. When she arrived home she saw they had been removed from the east side of the street on Country Hollow, the street where Josh lives with his two boys, father, two brothers, and younger sister.

Fliers and ribbons were also missing from mailboxes, light posts, and posts at the neighborhood entrances. The fliers and ribbons were allegedly removed because Steven Powell, Josh's father, complained to the Homeowner's Association, saying they were disturbing Josh's two young children.

The question is why were the ribbons removed when it was the pictures that were reportedly disturbing the children?

In a phone interview with Colleen Russell Friday she said, "We'll be back out canvassing the neighborhood Saturday morning, asking for neighbor's support in hanging a purple ribbon on their tree or porch in support of Susan Powell. This should not be an upsetting site to the children since it will not contain photos of Susan."

New Website For Susan Powell~Created By Josh Powell

Friends and Family of Susan Powell
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=198478842187&ref=ts

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...ns-gone-again-Josh-says-fliers-upset-the-kids
Susan Cox Powell Foundation: Support for domestic violence victims, how you can help
February 27, 4:33 PM
<snipped>
The Susan Cox Powell Foundation was established in 2010 by Susan's family and friends. According to their website, the mission of the foundation is to:
*Assist families of missing persons with a no-cost strategy in keeping their loved one's face in the public eye

*Research and catalog resources across the U.S.

*Create a resource clearinghouse to help families of missing persons

*Support domestic violence prevention efforts

*Participate in community and school-based education about domestic violence prevention

*Emphasize early signs of domestic abuse

How you can help:
The Foundation is accepting donations to help with the mounting costs of:
*Search expenses

*Consulting fees

*Legal fees

*Providing educational materials in the community and school-based settings

*Day-to-day costs of running the Foundation

Donate To The Susan Cox Foundation:
http://susancoxfoundation.org/Donations.aspx

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...or-domestic-violence-victims-how-you-can-help
Susan Powell, Steven Koecher link considered by Utah missing person investigators
February 27, 1:39 PM
<snipped>
Two missing people: both from Utah, both last seen in December 2009, and both around the same age. That has the family of missing mother, Susan Powell, asking investigators to consider a link between her case and that of missing fellow Utah resident, Steven Koecher.

Steven Koecher, 30 was last spotted December 13, 2009 in Henderson, Nevada by a security camera. On Friday, Koecher's family posted a $10,000 reward for information about the St. George, Utah man's whereabouts. While they're desperate for answers, Koecher's father doubts there's a connection between the two missing person cases. Rolf Koecher issued this written statement to local television station KCSG:

"While it appears that Steven is close in age to Susan Powell and was driving through the Salt Lake City area within a day or two of her disappearance, any connection between the two seems entirely coincidental to us. Because we want to remain open to all possibilities, no matter how improbable, we have no issue with an exchange of information between the St. George and West Valley City police departments."

West Valley City police also reportedly doubt a connection between the two cases. But they say they'll consider a link and will share information with the police in St. George, Utah 300 miles to the south.

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-30706-Sud...nsidered-by-Utah-missing-person-investigators
Family of missing Utah man offers $10K reward
Story Created: Feb 26, 2010 at 9:27 PM MST
Story Updated: Feb 27, 2010 at 5:38 AM MST
<snipped>
Among recent developments, it was also announced that Steven&#8217;s missing passport had been found among his personal effects. This underscored the results of an investigation by Henderson police which concluded that Steven had not boarded any flights out of the Las Vegas area.

&#8220;Once we found Steven&#8217;s passport, we were not surprised that he hadn&#8217;t taken a plane,&#8221; said Rolf Koecher. &#8220;While the missing passport caused some to believe he had come to Las Vegas to flee, it does not appear that he had any intention to do so.&#8221;

Also a police check of records at the St. George library revealed that Steven had checked out a book on the life of basketball legend Pete Maravich, another book on the early settlers of Southern Utah and a DVD of &#8220;Lord of the Rings.&#8221;

&#8220;Again this suggests Steven was not engaged in any questionable activity because an examination his computer also reveals no unusual items, a trained dog could find no evidence of drugs in his car, and both his e-mails and phone records show nothing but routine messages,&#8221; said Rolf Koecher.

In other developments, St. George detectives have indicated that family members connected to the case of missing West Valley City woman Susan Powell have contacted St. George police to check for a possible link to Steven&#8217;s disappearance. Powell disappeared about December 7 while Steven Koecher disappeared on Dec. 13.

$10,000 Reward Offer for Information in Locating Missing Person Steven Koecher.
Steven+Koecher+Missing+Person+Poster.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWT6sA2O190[/ame]

Article:
http://www.kcsg.com/news/local/85614752.html
Tensions rise as 'missing mom' fliers torn down
Story Published: Feb 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM PST
Story Updated: Feb 27, 2010 at 10:12 PM PST
<snipped>
Volunteers are frustrated after the fliers they posted about Susan in her husband's neighborhood were torn down. Now the president of the Country Hollow Homeowners' Association has made them take down the rest of the fliers, which are designed to raise awareness about Susan's disappearance. "The regulations of the community do not allow any posting of signs on community property," he told the volunteers. "As the president of the association, I have to tell you."

Colleen Russell and her friends taped the signs to light poles and put up purple ribbons on trees in the gated community where they live. "I don't think the homeowners' association understands that that was Susan's favorite color," Russell says. "We're not accusing anything - we just want to find Susan and bring her home." The volunteers feel defeated, and they wonder why Josh Powell isn't asking the homeowners' association to make an exception to the rule, since it is his wife and she's missing.

KOMO News tried to interview Josh Powell about it, but no one would answer the door at the house where he is staying. A man's voice inside said Josh was not available.

Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, is disappointed the fliers have to come down. "I still have hope, and I can't deny it's been almost three months. And the likelihood now is if she is not being captive somewhere then she is no longer with us," he said.

Volunteers post fliers about missing Puyallup mom Susan Powell.
100227_powell_fliers.jpg

Article:
http://www.komonews.com/news/85744947.html
New memorial website for Susan Cox Powell said to be 'creepy', thought to be set up by her husband
February 27, 8:23 PM
<snipped>
A new website, www.susanpowell.org, has many people confused and asking questions. There is chatter on the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook page about the new website. The general consensus seems to be that the fire in the photo may have been added to the picture.

Some believe the picture is distasteful given the circumstances surrounding Susan's disappearance and Josh Powell, Susan's husband's, largely disbelieved story that he took his kids camping in the middle of the night during a Utah snowstorm the night she disappeared.

The www.susanpowell.org URL was purchased July 19, 2006, it expires July 19, 2019, and was last updated Jan. 20, 2010.
The Sponsoring Registrar is Wild West Domains, Inc., the site is set to Private Registration, and the Registrant Organization is Domains by Proxy, Inc. In other words, there is no way to know who established the website because the owner set up filters to protect their anonymity.

According to Connect2Utah.com, Susan's friend Kiirsi Hellewell says Josh told her in December he intended to set up a site in his wife's honor.

Shelby Gifford, a spokesperson for Susan's family, says if the site is established by Josh then he should instead spend his time looking for his wife or talking to the police. "I don't think there is any credibility to the website at all," Gifford told Connect2Utah.com. "I think if Josh really is sincerely involved in this website and he is truly interested in finding his wife he certainly has passed up multiple opportunities to do that."

And finally, the "Contact" page urges people to contact police, but please, no prank calls. It's unclear if Josh Powell created the site or someone very close to the family, someone who would be involved in their day-to-day life.

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...be-creepy-thought-to-be-set-up-by-her-husband
Susan Powell's Friends, Family Question New Website
Friday, Feb 26, 2010 @11:46pm CST
<snipped>
There are three pages on the site. Two of them are dedicated to biographies for Susan and Josh. If you negate a photo disclaimer in Susan's page it is 180 words long. Josh's page has 202 words.

Josh's biography is what has most people talking. It talks about his relationship with Susan as if the couple is still united. One passage reads, "Josh is a loving father and husband. He likes to take his wife out to dinner or watch movies with her." Another section reads, "He regularly does activities with his beautiful wife and with his entire family. Josh is totally committed to his wife and children, continually finding new and engaging activities to do with them."

The site also spends a disproportionate amount of time talking about Josh's hobbies, "He enjoys gardening, woodworking, and building construction projects. He knows a few songs on the piano and guitar. And he has been known to sing a song when the mood hits."

The family of Susan Powell isn't certain the site was authored by Josh or his family, but they say it is filled with intimate details about the children that only someone close to them would know. For example one section reads, "The children are happy and well adjusted in their new home. They are now living with their father and extended family. They receive love and hugs frequently throughout each day."

Shelby Gifford, a spokesperson for Susan's family, says if the site is established by Josh then he should instead spend his time looking for his wife or talking to the police. "I don't think there is any credibility to the website at all. I think if Josh really is sincerely involved in this website and he is truly interested in finding his wife he certainly has passed up multiple opportunities to do that," says Gifford.

Video: New Powell Website 2:45
http://connect2utah.com/media_player.php?media_id=115791

New Website For Susan Powell~Created By Josh Powell

Article:
http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story?cid=77511

Susan Powell's family, former cop question new website
March 1st, 2010 @ 4:14pm
<snipped>
The front page features a picture of Susan, Josh and the children perched on a snowy night in front of a campfire, a detail that didn't escape the attention of former cop and Utahdetective.com owner David Lundberg.

"Clearly he's trying to demonstrate they do go camping often with the children in the snow," Lundberg said Monday. Powell has said he took his boys camping the night Susan disappeared.

Lundberg says the site appears to be more about backing up Josh's alibi than finding Susan. "It wasn't much where you would think someone was losing somebody or missing someone or they were reaching out to the public to help find that person," Lundberg said.

Lundberg also told KSL Newsradio he was struck by the watermarks on the site's pictures. "If someone in my family came up missing like that, I would not copyright anything," Lundberg said. "I'd want that information out anywhere. I would share that picture with anyone that might help me get that person back."

Audio: Andrew Adams reporting
http://real.ksl.com/video/slc/3/313/31375.mp3

Audio: Interview with David Lundberg [2:13]
http://real.ksl.com/video/slc/3/313/31376.mp3

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9851690&autostart=y

Thanks, Angel.

I have to agree with others, that new site is eerie. There are two pages about Susan, one introductory page, and another all about Josh! WTH! It's disturbing that pictures of the children are included on EVERY page (albeit, faces blurred out, and pics of them in the snow!). Where are the nice big close up pics of Susan one would expect on a missing person's website? Eh? Obviously, he's covering his ***, well, you know. :snooty:

I can't remember what the original charts said about this situation, I'll have to take another look. All I know is this is seriously disturbing and my hinky meter just went through the roof.

Edited:

I just looked over the first pages of this thread and have to say, I have egg on my face! While I read the news reports in this case, I didn't read this thread early on! I had already concluded the most obvious person was the guilty party so I suppose I didn't go to the charts for confirmation. :blushing:

Thanks for all the great charts, Soulscape and Tuba! Thanks to you, Angel, for keeping us informed.

We remember that the glare from the bright bulb of police scrutiny on husband could not be harsher as Mars turns direct opposite Josh P.'s Sun, next Wednesday week at 10:10 a.m. in Utah. The Moon finishes her passage through Capricorn that day, as well.

Josh still plans to finish the deck and basement? Are you kidding me? This man is out of his mind making statements like this. How 'bout searching for your missing wife... how about cooperating with Law Enforcement. This guy really has NO CLUE how to even begin to behave as if he even gives a damn.

I certainly hope this case is quiet because LE is shoring up the case with Forensic evidence etc and are just buying their time until Josh is arrested and charged with murder. Honestly, this is the strangest case ever, more so than the Caylee Anthony case, in terms of lack of info from LE and media coverage. We drove through Utah recently on our way back from Vail and there wasn't a word about Susan in the Deseret Newspaper that I could see. Please let there be a break soon...

By the end of this present week, especially with the quarter Moon coming on Sunday, we should hear the rumbles of mobilisation against the person responsible for this disappearance. Responsibility = Saturn and Mars will be turning direct within the degree of J.P.'s Saturn, while the Sun sets off his mutable T-square. Big trouble in Salt City.

Tuba, That is the greatest news! Susan and her darling boys deserve justice. I hope when all is said and done they will return to be with the Cox's. We already know the outcome of being parented by the elder Mr. Powell- we certainly don't need a repeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member