Forgotten west memphis 3

I had always believed in their innocence, then I decided to start watching the Paradise Lost trilogy again this weekend just gone, just out of curiosity as it’s been years since I saw it last. Had a read through a couple of threads on here and ended up reading the callahan.

I didn’t realise how little I knew about DE especially! I haven’t read too much into JM and JB yet but I’m reading exhibit 500 (DE’s medical records) and I can’t believe what I’m reading! DE was extremely dangerous, there were multiple warnings that he may harm others, he admitted to worshipping the devil (something he vehemently denied in PL) sucking blood, satanic worship, having violent tendencies, and even described as ‘psychotic’, homicidal, having expressed a ‘desire to harm others’

I don’t know why I was stupid enough to believe the documentary all these years, along with the general consensus being that they were innocent, (after all I know there’s a lot more to Steven Avery than what MAM portrayed) I just always thought the prosecutions theory was so outrageous, the Satanic worship part especially. How defenders have always said ‘these kids just wore black and liked Metallica’. Exhibit 500 is a HUGE eye opener. Now physical evidence wise, I don’t think there was much atall, I’ve skimmed over trial transcripts (haven’t had a deep dive into those just yet) and apart from JM’s confession I can’t see anything linking them to the crime.

BUT, DE was a very disturbed and dangerous kid, these psych reports are all from mid to late 1992, so I doubt much would have changed between then and may 1993 when the boys were murdered, I’m pretty sure he would have only got worse! I always always assumed that he was just an awkward kid, but reading these reports it’s glaringly obvious. In his own words he writes ‘I am a sociopath’. He threatened to ‘slash his parents throats and eat them alive’! He goes from denying worshipping the devil in June 1992 to openly and readily admitting it in sept 1992 at his second hospitalisation.

I haven’t read the entire callahan yet as the 500 pages have taken me nearly 12 hours to get through and I only started my deep dive a couple of days ago. But, as coerced, conflicting and crazy as JM’s confession(s) sounded, I am starting to think there may have been some truth in them. I’ve always thought out the 3 that in Paradise Lost, JB looked the most shifty of them all, but I always put it down to him being a nervous kid. Now I’m not so sure.

Watching the 3 documentaries through different eyes now and I’m noticing some real troubling words, actions, behaviours, body language from all 3.
There is a scene where DE and JB are discussing their arrest, they are laughing and joking when describing hiding from LE, both of them think it’s one huge joke.

Something that caught my attention is that the boys were all hog tied with their own shoelaces, IMO removing the shoelaces from their shoes would have taken time and requires more than one person present. Who would have been restraining the boys while someone took the laces from their shoes? It’s not a 2 second job to remove laces from 3 pairs of shoes, if only one person committed these murders then there was a high likelihood that one or more boys could have ran while this perp was doing this. Another thing, who was holding the other 2 boys while the perp tied the hands and feet of the first to be tied up?

I’m wondering, if DE’s ‘blood brother’ as he refers to him as to multiple mental health/social workers, is JB?
He describes his ‘blood brother’ as having blonde hair, and says words to the effect of that his ‘blood brother’ would die for him. A lightbulb went off when I read that. If this ‘blood brother’ would DIE for him, then he would almost certainly KILL for him?

Sorry for the long post and if this stuff has been discussed before, but I’m just listing some of the things I’ve learned so far that have me thinking that DE is guilty. Even though I know PL is completely twisted for the defense I’m still watching all 3 again just to try and spot any inconsistencies or unusual behaviours.

However, I do not think that there was ever enough evidence for a conviction, I’m just not seeing anything to put them directly at the scene when boys were killed.

All MOO

I've avoided this case for decades due to the nature of the crime against children. Detective Mains raised my curiosity.

If Damien is guilty, why would he be pushing for DNA testing?
To keep the money train and fame flowing from supporters. File motions that can't actually happen per the law, file motions in the wrong jurisdiction, basically do anything *but* seriously try to get the DNA re-tested. Why haven't they released the results of the DNA testing they performed over a decade ago?

Did the "West of Memphis" docu explain that Jessie is mentally retarded with the IQ of an eight year old? Jessie is the one who gave cops 5 different confessions, imho false confessions? He's the only one who returned to WM when released.
RSBM

Jessie tested within the "normal" IQ range up until immediately before trial where his score mysteriously dropped 13 points... while also scoring high for the possibility of malingering. The low-IQ argument is pure defense strategy, and nothing more. This was discredited during the trial, and the cross-examination where it was shredded is in the transcripts.

To keep the money train and fame flowing from supporters. File motions that can't actually happen per the law, file motions in the wrong jurisdiction, basically do anything *but* seriously try to get the DNA re-tested. Why haven't they released the results of the DNA testing they performed over a decade ago?
That gravy train keeps loads of evil on the railroad tracks. John Ramsey is playing the same games with his daughter's DNA samples. Pushing for banknotes when, we know.
RSBM

Jessie tested within the "normal" IQ range up until immediately before trial where his score mysteriously dropped 13 points... while also scoring high for the possibility of malingering. The low-IQ argument is pure defense strategy, and nothing more. This was discredited during the trial, and the cross-examination where it was shredded is in the transcripts.
I have seen nothing about your suggestion on Jessie's IQ being questionable but also am not an expert on WM3 and don't purport to know it all. Didn't Jessie exhibit low mental function at school and home? After moving back, did he work? Can you show or link to the trial transcripts about the IQ issue, please?

I'll lay this link to the legal history of Jessie's confessions here bc I'm in a rush, att. TY

Confession — The West Memphis Three — Crime Library

That gravy train keeps loads of evil on the railroad tracks. John Ramsey is playing the same games with his daughter's DNA samples. Pushing for banknotes when, we know.

I have seen nothing about your suggestion on Jessie's IQ being questionable but also am not an expert on WM3 and don't purport to know it all. Didn't Jessie exhibit low mental function at school and home? After moving back, did he work? Can you show or link to the trial transcripts about the IQ issue, please?

I'll lay this link to the legal history of Jessie's confessions here bc I'm in a rush, att. TY

Confession — The West Memphis Three — Crime Library
The strange IQ... changes... are covered in this old thread:

A varying IQ isn't that shocking. It's an inexact science to begin with and any good lawyer is going to use the one that best serves their client.

For the sleuths interested in this case, we will have a panel discussing it live tonight on our podcast Citizen Detective at 9PM Eastern. We will be joined by podcaster Bob Ruff who extensively covered the case.
We invite & encourage any sleuths here to participate live and share your ideas, theories, and comments.
You can participate via on of the following ways:

via or Facebook homepage:
https://www.facebook.com/CitizenDetectivePodcast
or in our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/233261280919915
On Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSgvqIuf4-sEF2aDdNGip2w
On Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/citizendetective
On Twitter:
https://twitter.com/CitizenDPod
Leave us a voicemail any time, or send in your questions: