Formal Sentencing - August 24 2015

Sorry... cannot stand all the "protection" Holmes is receiving.
I realize it's his right under the U.S. laws, but , Dayumn !!!
Maybe let him experience an ounce of the pain and suffering his victims endured ? Idk.
MOO

Same here:

Well, maybe it scared him a bit...

Holmes gets fours hours in a day hall? That's BS. My son in prison who's never laid a hand on anyone. Gets out one hour a day. Some justice system.

Sorry... cannot stand all the "protection" Holmes is receiving.
I realize it's his right under the U.S. laws, but , Dayumn !!!
Maybe let him experience an ounce of the pain and suffering his victims endured ? Idk.
MOO

according to one statement/article-they aren't going to increase his security.......watch out holmes---:slap:

A bit of news from Denver:

[h=1]Aurora movie theater shooter James Holmes ordered to pay nearly $1M in restitution[/h] Deb Stanley, Marshall Zelinger 11:36 AM, Dec 4, 2015

The Aurora theater shooter has been ordered to pay nearly $1 million in restitution but it's unlikely the victims will see any of that money.
On Friday, the judge ordered the shooter to pay $851,493 to the Victim Compensation Fund and $103,385.95 directly to the victims, the exact amount the prosecution requested.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com//ne...y-1m-in-restitution?audiencePageId=1399501286

Hi friends! I really miss seeing you every day :)

This restitution business seems to be mostly symbolic. There is no way the shooter will be able to compensate his many victims. I would be inclined to make him do extra work so he can pay more back.

:uk: Hi back to ya, Maisiebelle!! :seeya: Yes, I miss your wit and your wisdom! Yep, the restitution is essentially pro forma, but I always like to see it just in case the prisoner finds a magic pen and decides to write or dictate his life story or any other piece of writing, or a movie contract with him/her as an adviser, etc., etc. And whatever little prison money they earn will go into the fund as well, after it reaches a certain amount. Or inheritance. Or a horse race. Or the lotto. Or coughing up a diamond or two, etc., etc.

Can Holmes be sent to a mental hospital at the request of prison officials? This could be as a result of new behaviour he has shown in prison? Going to another prison in another state....well he is no safer then where he was, but in a hospital setting....I wonder if thst is where he is. The patients there would have less knowledge of the crime as they probably do not get to watch normal everyday TV, espicially if they are in for a long time for crimes. The staff is sworn to secrecy, supposedly. One may leak the where abouts eventually. IMO, he is now at some mental facility.

My concern, feelings and thoughts are for the victims and families.

Can Holmes be sent to a mental hospital at the request of prison officials? This could be as a result of new behaviour he has shown in prison? Going to another prison in another state....well he is no safer then where he was, but in a hospital setting....I wonder if thst is where he is. The patients there would have less knowledge of the crime as they probably do not get to watch normal everyday TV, espicially if they are in for a long time for crimes. The staff is sworn to secrecy, supposedly. One may leak the where abouts eventually. IMO, he is now at some mental facility.

My concern, feelings and thoughts are for the victims and families.

He was just at the mental hospital in Pueblo. This will be his third transfer. I read it was an exchange for another inmate. Another article read it could be a federal prison which is much more lax. Victims families do not want him in CA DA said DOC said no CA for now but also DOC cannot be trusted. Here's one of the links. You can google more.

http://m.krdo.com/news/arapahoe-da-...-aurora-theater-shooter-out-of-state/37562658

Only DOC knows where he is. This amazes me how he killed and injured all those innocent people but he has rights protecting him. I'm so disqusted that I'm speechless.

http://www.greensboro.com/news/gove...8-d75d-5ac7-8167-6b11d32ad05c.html?TNNoMobile

I agree 100%!
The lengths at which the DOJ has gone to accommodate a mass murderer and ensure his safety are ATROCIOUS. Maybe the lives of 12 innocent people would still be thriving had the government gone to such great lengths to ensure THEIR protection, as well.
It makes my blood boil.

Sorry, I do not 'get it'. There should be no secrecy. I hope the victims and families can file whatever it takes to make it public where the felon is. They need to know. If he in such a secure place, it will not be people on the outside that wish to do him harm, but other inmates and there is no prison anywhere, that would be safe. If he is at a hospital, well, he can take his chances.

IMO, with this secret transfer, the Couch incident and others crimes, I wonder why the law/attorneys/judicial system is being so secretive and trying to get away with things and protect the wrong side?! JMO and vented, now back to lurking.

Ya know, I was thinking about how this decision will only fuel those conspiracy theorists. The ones who legitimately believe he was brainwashed by the CIA to carry out the attack in order to tighten up gun laws. They'll say things like... "See, for all we know, he's not in prison at all. He was a patsy like we've known all along. And now, less than a year after his sentencing and around the clock protection, he's been transferred to God only knows where. He's probably having plastic surgery right about now and will soon enter the witness protection program."

That's the type of stuff they will soon come up with. I mean, why wouldn't they? Especially when everything is so secretive and his location is all so hush-hush.

I thought the victims and families were always told where the murder was located and anything about his/her status. I guess the bad ones get special privileges so the innocent are always watching over their shoulder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back