Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the body found Mickey's? I heard it on TV news...

Sorry that I can't read this whole long thread... :blush:

Not 100% confirmed, but apparently so. Her mother posted on FB that she was on her way home now, this morning, and it appears BL may have led LE to her body.

JMO but I don't think that's BSL's hand writing. It looks a lot like the lines below to me.

I can pretty much guarantee you that form was filled out by LE. The signature at the bottom is that of the officer. I see no reason why they would have BSL just print his name at the top. BSL was, most likely, handcuffed throughout his entire jaunt to lead them to Mickey. IMO.

Do these perps. think that they are in expiation of their sins by placing a body behind church, or in a cemetary?

What is the reason for that?

Are you talking about the officer's signature? What does that have to do with anything?

Nothing. Just an observation. I edited my earlier post.

I have always found handwriting to be an interesting subject. Not good or bad, just interesting.

If you mean Jodi Parrack, she was killed in 2007, when BL was in prison. This was in Michigan, I believe, or Ohio.

I didn't bring the Parrack case to mind because I thought he might be connected to it. I brought it up because the perp. left a body in a cemetary.

They don't use dental records any longer? :waitasec:

I, well I hate to say it, but I wonder if she still had teeth? That pains me greatly, as does her face possibly beaten so badly she was unidentifiable. But after this much time she woouldn't be recongnizable anyway would she?

/Can't type much or well with a cat sprawled across my chest.

Do these perps. think that they are in expiation of their sins by placing a body behind church, or in a cemetary?

I doubt it. I think that's just a natural place to think of placing someone when they die. Plus I believe BSL had a 'thing' for cemeteries for a very long time, so he was probably familiar with a lot of them in the area.

Perhaps they think it's the last place anyone would look, or be suspicious of a body buried there, although it could make them feel that they at least "did the right thing" in the end.

Facial reconstruction makes no sense to me; this is usually done when someone is found and LE has no idea who it is. They have access to Mickey's parents' DNA, even if for some reason they cannot come up with hers from her personal belongings.

We put up flyers so close to that cemetery. I put up several at a gas station (B) and the cemetery is (A) on the map. 14.9 miles away according to Google Maps. We were close Mickey! We were looking for you!

54y445.jpg

Perhaps they think it's the last place anyone would look, or be suspicious of a body buried there, although it could make them feel that they at least "did the right thing" in the end.
-----------

I think it is both: The perp. trying to assuage his guilt--thinking that the cemetary or area near a church is seldom visited, but still hallowed ground, at the same time offering cover.

http://www.katc.com/news/deputies-lavergne-left-jail-tuesday/

Officials with the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office say Lavergne was returned to the jail between 3:00 P. M. and 3:30 P. M.

Checked out of jail at 6:40 am and returned between 3:00-3:30 pm? Seems like a long time. :waitasec:

Well perhaps they made him sit there and watch the whole thing. I'm sure they had to do the digging and removal very slowly as to not damage anything. I hope they made him look at the body too! (sorry to be gross but I hope they did)

Basically yes, but not confirmed by the coroner yet. It appears that BSL confessed and lead them to the body.
Thank you so much. :hug: The brief report I heard (on TV) said it was unconfirmed but due to a tip.

So obviously, I wondered about the source of the tip, and whether it was valid.

I feel sick...

When will it ever end?

http://www.katc.com/news/deputies-lavergne-left-jail-tuesday/

Officials with the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office say Lavergne was returned to the jail between 3:00 P. M. and 3:30 P. M.

Checked out of jail at 6:40 am and returned between 3:00-3:30 pm? Seems like a long time. :waitasec:

IMO they would keep him around until they were positive they didn't need him anymore. Also, it probably took awhile to drive to the area from the jail, locate the grave, dig it up, drive back to the jail. Hopefully he just sat in an unairconditioned car all day and watched all that transpired.

Thank you so much. :hug: The brief report I heard (on TV) said it was unconfirmed but due to a tip.

So obviously, I wondered about the source of the tip, and whether it was valid.

I feel sick...

When will it ever end?

It's terrible. Mickey is but one of many many victims. It will never end and seems to only be getting worse. Fortunately BSL's reign of terror is over.

From their FB page, located here: https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10?ref=stream

"KLFY 10 Acadiana's Multimedia Station
According to the Lafayette Parish Coroner's office, the body found Tuesday in Evangeline parish, believed to be Mickey Shunick, has been sent to a face identification expert at Louisiana State University. Mary Manhein at the LSU FACES Laboratory will be handling the investigation of the body. It will be 24-48 hours before they will be able to identify the remains."

Ms. Manhein was involved in the identification of Lisa Pate's remains. DNA testing can take a while...usually not as instantaneous as shown on TV dramas (unfortunately). It is interesting that dental records aren't mentioned, though.

Why not DNA? I am sure they DNA available from Mickey's personal belongings. And why wouldn't she have dental records?
This facial comparison seems so gruesome...I can't imagine there is not another way.

Maybe he did the unthinkable....:what:

It's terrible. Mickey is but one of many many victims. It will never end and seems to only be getting worse. Fortunately BSL's reign of terror is over.
I know this sentiment will not be popular, but at LEAST he told where she is. It would be so much worse if he had kept silent, like so many others.

Perhaps he feels some remorse. And if so, possible healing and transformation.

Possible.

I'm not understanding why the Faces Lab is handling identification. DNA would certainly be available, considering the time that has elapsed. Something strange here. I don't think the Faces Lab can complete their work in 24 to 48 hours either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle