Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Jesus for Mickey being found.
Although i've never met her, my heart cries at the loss of the young life of Mickey.....
I have come to know her since she was missing from her brothers graduation. She was a beautiful young woman. I believe we will always remember Mickeys contribution to this world... IMO many lives have been saved and some resolved due to her strength in combatting the perpetrator.

Such a loss. RIP Mickey, our sweet young spirited woman.
My prayers for Jesus to bring her family and friends much comfort and strength through this ordeal.
May Mickey :angel2: soar with angels in heaven as she rides her bike forever. :rose: :rose:

As all of you know the perp is pretty cunning. He might have figured in his own mind "they don't have any real hard evidence on me". His confession might have been--I had to much to drink. It was dark and I didn't see her. I freaked out. I had to hide her or I'd be charged with negligent homicide. It was a big, big accident. Don't you believe me? JMO

As all of you know the perp is pretty cunning. He might have figured in his own mind "they don't have any real hard evidence on me". His confession might have been--I had to much to drink. It was dark and I didn't see her. I freaked out. I had to hide her or I'd be charged with negligent homicide. It was a big, big accident. Don't you believe me? JMO

At this point, nothing BSL says or does would surprise me. Yes, he is very cunning :banghead: to achieve what he wants. May he be convicted and NEVER re-enter society to harm again.
Justice will prevail.

I would like to say thank you to the volunteers that
ran the Find mickey now headquarters. The amount of time that you stepped away from your own family's demands to donate time to the family, the Lafayette community, and most importantly Mickey was/is greatly appreciated. The love that I felt from the moment I stepped in that room was so comforting! You will be in my prayers as you readjust to life with your immediate family. You have been a role model for us all, and we are so thankful.

The night TES was at WB and WS was blowing up with the possibility of Mickey being located, my heart was quite heavy. Someone posted that finding a body is very similar to digging out a splinter. Made sense to me, pain then relief. Thank God for answered prayers.

Shunick’s mother, Nancy Rowe, issued the following statement Wednesday:

“Our only goal since 5/19 has been to find Mickey, and bring her home,” Rowe wrote in an email Wednesday. “We are still in agony, but now at least we have some direction, a timetable. We are feeling relief.”

Rowe said the support the family has received has helped.

“This has been something we would never have thought to have to face, never thought we would survive,” she said. “The local people, and others all over the country and the world, have offered us so much encouragement and comfort in so many ways. This is really what has kept us from folding. We are ready for this to end.”

http://theadvocate.com/news/acadiana/3577265-123/faces-has-body-believed-to

Like so many others, in my heart I felt that Mickey was gone. While finding her and bringing her home to her family brings closure, it still is bittersweet. As a mom who has lost a child to 'natural' causes, the loss of a child through the hands of someone like BSL, I can't imagine the pain the Shunnicks are experiencing.

I pray for much peace and strength for them. But the Shunnicks have been very positive and strong throughout, it has been amazing.

As for BSL, I am torn with him taking a plea to lead them to Mickey, I am hoping against hope that his days are numbered and painful once he arrives at his prison destination. Its no secret prison justice isn't likely to be fair or legal.

Kelly

I wish I could describe the feeling around town today. I just dropped off some laundry at the laundromat and went to the store, and it's like there's just this sense of everyone holding their breath. I can't imagine this feeling subsiding until there's confirmation from FACES.

My heart goes out to the Shunicks. If I'm feeling like this, I can only dream of what they must be enduring.

I have yet to read an article that 100% says it's her. I read on TV-10, I think, that they confirmed and then they backpedaled. Everyone's using the word "believe".

"I believe these are Shunick's remains"
"I believe it is her"

All they've got is a female body.

Reading between the PR statements, I'd say it is her. BSL gave it up. That's what my gut is saying.

My brain says it could be the work of the SK in Jennings.

The night TES was at WB and WS was blowing up with the possibility of Mickey being located, my heart was quite heavy. Someone posted that finding a body is very similar to digging out a splinter. Made sense to me, pain then relief. Thank God for answered prayers.

Shunick’s mother, Nancy Rowe, issued the following statement Wednesday:

“Our only goal since 5/19 has been to find Mickey, and bring her home,” Rowe wrote in an email Wednesday. “We are still in agony, but now at least we have some direction, a timetable. We are feeling relief

Rowe said the support the family has received has helped.

“This has been something we would never have thought to have to face, never thought we would survive,” she said. “The local people, and others all over the country and the world, have offered us so much encouragement and comfort in so many ways. This is really what has kept us from folding. We are ready for this to end.”

http://theadvocate.com/news/acadiana/3577265-123/faces-has-body-believed-to

For Mrs. Nancy, Mr. Tom, Charlie, and Zack Shunick, I pray they continue to find relief knowing their beloved Mickey is with the Lord and is standing by them, though they may not see her.

Angel Standing By sung by Jewel, my all time favorite singer-songwriter:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61XkGntxMdY&feature=related"]Jewel - Angel Standing By (Live 1997) - YouTube[/ame]

That is possible.
I am just always wary when inmates want their moment in the spotlight in big cases.
Anyway, Le has said all along they will continue to investigate and to rule BL out or keep him in their sites for other cases.

Me too. I'm also skeptical of 'jailhouse religion'.

why is this in hot cases and not the located forum?

I can never follow the logic on some of these.....

Me too. I'm also skeptical of 'jailhouse religion'.

Me three.

I really don't think a SK has any empathy that would push them to solve any cases for closure or sympathy for the families.

Most of the time its for the 15 minutes of fame, 'see how smart I am' or just simply to save their hide from the needle. Its always about them. Amazing to me, how many SK are willing to talk (sometimes even falsly) to avoid the DP. This must be the hardest part for LE, the ones with a conscience, having to save someone to bring closure to families whose hearts are broken and wanting their loved ones home. I can not imagine how it feels to be in their position. Hopefully, BSL will remain without parole as part of the deal.

Or even better, someone else had enough information to put the pieces together and there is no deal. Highly unlikely if reports are true and he was checked out of jail by LE for the better part of the day.

Kelly

When visiting the headquarters recently I was told that Mickey loved the color purple!
I think Lafayette should all wear purple one day in honor of Mickey!!!!

when listening to the interview on kpel from cpl mouton speaking about finding the body, can anyone hear the other voice in the background saying "dont say..." "take him outside"and several other things. i feel like ive imagined other things with the DWT but would appreciate if someone with fresh ears gave it a listen

i heard it in my car this morning and it seemed clearer than the audio ive listened to from my computer... but my computer is next to a karate studio so often times im straining to hear over hi-yas!

http://1079ishot.com/mickey-shunick-remains-found/

I hope that the Shunick family is in touch with other families, like the Sjodins, who went through something very similar.

http://minnesota.quiprod.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/03/25/drusjodinmom/

Dru Sjodin's mother recognized for work on sex offender registry
March 25, 2011

Minneapolis (AP) — The mother of Minnesota native Dru Sjodin is being honored by the FBI for her work in helping create the national sex offender's database.

Linda Walker was recognized Friday at FBI headquarters in Washington.

Sjodin was 22 when she was kidnapped from a North Dakota shopping mall parking lot in 2003. Her body was discovered months later near Crookston, Minn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson