Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Discussion in 'Mickey Shunick' started by rhapsdy, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mamacat

mamacat New Member

Prayers and love go out to the Shunick family - I feel like crying, yet at the same time there's a feeling of relief. I remember posting something about *where's the first and last place you'd look for a dead body?* - the thought of a graveyard kept coming into my head. I hope 'BS' Lavergne did confess, but I wish he'd done it much sooner for everyone's sake. I feel like he's got more confessing to do though. :twocents:

2. De2385

De2385 New Member

It's her. Just trust me. Creole lady instinct, that and I am shaking so hard I can hardly type.

3. RWRNHZ40

RWRNHZ40 New Member

Credible tip to LE; went out around 7 this morning; found grave site; road goes back around 70 yards to cemetery; beyond cemetery area is where the remains were found.

Experts from LSU currently processing scene.

4. Mitzki5

Mitzki5 New Member

Can someone provide a link to google map that has all known locations that are important to this case? Like BSL's house, where bike was found, place truck was burned and so forth. I know there were post's that showed this stuff but I can't find them.

5. Lera213

Lera213 New Member

I hope so but the reliable local poster who called it first and has been spot on in the past said it was confession body found

6. HouDat

HouDat Prominent Member

I agree with this sentiment.

I am also a bit pissed that KLFY (and others who followed suit) reported this news before receiving any sort of confirmation that the family had been notified.

And then, to top it off, they brayed like jackasses that they were the first, at the top of their newscast.

7. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

Try this link, Mitzki5:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175335"]LA -Mickey Shunick: MAPS AND PHOTOS, No Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

8. CajunSarah

CajunSarah Member

And don't forget about his fascination with cemeteries. Area is Vidrine where he raped the young girl in 99. On the way to Ft. Polk. He would have been quite familiar with the area.

9. KateB

KateB New Member

The Advertiser seems to be the most responsible media reporting on this today.

10. laura83

laura83 Active Member

It's gone 12am here, going to have to go but doubt I'll sleep. Thoughts and prayers to Mickey, her family and friends (and everyone who has grown to care about her. Especially you fellow sleuthers) xx

11. elidar

elidar Active Member

He is a dangerous dangerous person--he is a serial killer--he will never be out--but this looks like DP will not be applied. Perhaps he had some small shred of pity for her family and friends?--after he saw the outpouring of love and grief for her--something he obviously never felt for others in his own life. I am sure however terrible this day is for the Shunick family it is better than the eternal search and never knowing.

12. Darcyline

Darcyline New Member

I feel like throwing up. I know this was always the ending and it is better than never finding her, but this in addition to reading about some of the implications surrounding evidence makes me sick.

13. Duckman

Duckman Active Member

They received a very reliable tip alright and it was someone REALLY CLOSE to the case! I'm just glad there will be some sort of closure to all of this! Please everyone keep an eye on RSO's in your area's!

14. rillem

rillem New Member

I mentioned this a couple days ago in the "main" thread but....if all this is true, I really can't shake the feeling about Brettly's bike found in a cemetery. Too weird.

RIP Mickey, I think of you when I ride my bike and I'm so glad the family can begin to find peace.

15. Lera213

Lera213 New Member

It is yet to be known if other victims will be found there too

16. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

If BL confessed, I struggle to believe he did it for any reason other than to benefit himself in some way.

17. Darcyline

Darcyline New Member

I think whatever evidence they have was good-beyond any reasonable doubt good and he knew he was going to fry. Confessing saves his life.

18. CajunSarah

CajunSarah Member

I think his confession, if he did, indeed, confess, was probably self-serving.

People mentioned bio mom visiting him in jail. Do we know this or is it conjecture?

19. quueenie

quueenie Verified Insider

Backtrack is one thing, but to outright lie and say it was a man, is a whole other story!

20. MamaRoux

MamaRoux New Member

I thought he raped her in Reddell.
    Regardless though, he was very familiar with those roads, with all of his comings and goings from Fort Polk, AWOL or otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.