Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect the fact that KATC backtracked what they originally posted. I think it was out of respect for the family, especially if they had not been notified yet.
JMO

KLFY would have had to do some "backtracking" if in fact it was not confirmed as Mickey's remains.

I haven't made a single post yet but I live in the Lafayette area and I just want to say EXACTLY! I'm sure it was horrible for the family to hear from a local media station about the death of their loved one and not from LPD. But to say "backtracked" vs checking the facts is slightly infuriating for those who want to facts and reliable, credible sources.

He is a dangerous dangerous person--he is a serial killer--he will never be out--but this looks like DP will not be applied. Perhaps he had some small shred of pity for her family and friends?--after he saw the outpouring of love and grief for her--something he obviously never felt for others in his own life. I am sure however terrible this day is for the Shunick family it is better than the eternal search and never knowing.

We don't know for a fact yet if he confessed - this could have been a tip from someone else that led to the discovery of the body, so the DP may well still be on the table. I still believe there are more bodies to be found. JMO :twocents:

I think his confession, if he did, indeed, confess, was probably self-serving.

People mentioned bio mom visiting him in jail. Do we know this or is it conjecture?

bbm: Don't think we have had any confirmation of that on Websleuths.

I believe the family was notified this morning.....don't they always first deny that they have been given info from LE? I imagine they were told LE was going to where they think Mickey would be found. "Officially" Mickey hasn't been ID'd. Sadly, CS cannot control the media.

I believe the family was notified this morning.....don't they always first deny that they have been given info from LE? I imagine they were told LE was going to where they think Mickey would be found. "Officially" Mickey hasn't been ID'd. Sadly, CS cannot control the media.

That's my guess as well. Or that's what I choose to believe :(

I read that a man was found as well, but not sure if it was at the same place.

I'm getting confused now - because the body of a doctor was found in New Iberia - but was there another man's body found today? :waitasec:

The Advertiser seems to be the most responsible media reporting on this today.

I was sort of in awe that the Independent scooped KATC. There's a new one for you. Next thing you know, they'll rip off their collective skinny jeans, throw away the hipster glasses, start running "FamilyCircus" and try to be a legitimate news source.

It is yet to be known if other victims will be found there too

This is my next question: RWRNHZ40, do you know offhand if they're running cadaver dogs? (Although to be fair here, running cadaver dogs in a cemetery seems a bit redundant...But then again, so does finding a missing murder victim in one.) :moo:

If BL confessed, I struggle to believe he did it for any reason other than to benefit himself in some way.

I agree. If he did murder them both I think it would be more of a "look what I did" morbid self-satisfaction. There's no way I'll ever understand a criminal mind. I found it sick enough that he took pictures of himself smeared in blood.

Cpl. Paul Mouton, spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department, said police received information from a credible source Tuesday morning about the possible location of Shunick's body, leading investigators to a small, private cemetery off of La. 10 in rural Evangeline Parish.

I'd say he's pretty credible. Either he totally told them where to find her, or someone who knew where she was did...either way, they wouldn't have found her for a long long time. Somebody talked.

Maybe he was trying to calculate how long it would take for her body to become non telling of what really happened to her?

I think his confession, if he did, indeed, confess, was probably self-serving.

People mentioned bio mom visiting him in jail. Do we know this or is it conjecture?

That was me and if you read my post it will read as if I was speculating that happened. No way do I have inside information.

I hope he did confess and that he did it out of his own heart, not in a deal. It would not bother me at all to find a spark of good in someone who has done evil. Quite the contrary, actually.

The fact that he took the time to bury her is better than just dumping her for coyotes to end up finding or putting her in water with so many alligators in our state.

I was sort of in awe that the Independent scooped KATC. There's a new one for you. Next thing you know, they'll rip off their collective skinny jeans, throw away the hipster glasses, start running "FamilyCircus" and try to be a legitimate news source.

This is my next question: RWRNHZ40, do you know offhand if they're running cadaver dogs? (Although to be fair here, running cadaver dogs in a cemetery seems a bit redundant...But then again, so does finding a missing murder victim in one.) :moo:

Remember he was charged with moving the body? Remember the 3 shallow grave sites near the church graveyard in Lawtell? Eerie!

I'm getting confused now - because the body of a doctor was found in New Iberia - but was there another man's body found today? :waitasec:

Yes, there was a body found in Evangeline Parish who died of natural causes- KATC reported

The fact that he took the time to bury her is better than just dumping her for coyotes to end up finding or putting her in water with so many alligators in our state.

I don't think we know yet whether she was buried.

I wonder if LE will look at other private out of the way cemetery's now too? MOO

:banghead:

KLFY now stating that authorities have confirmed that it is the body Mickey Shunick.

Guessing that perhaps her clothing or other personal article(s) was found along with the body, thus the quick ID.

Just noticed that also, thanks, HouDat!!

Said they have several sources!!

I'm so sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads