FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

Discussion in 'Lindsey Baum' started by Blue_Dolphin308, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~greeneyedgirl~

~greeneyedgirl~ Active Member

I’m just getting off work and seeing this.... my heart is broken for Melissa, I’m so so sorry my sweet sweet girl ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

this^^^^

seventeenseconds likes this.
  3. Jules71

Jules71 Well-Known Member

I am reading the Dale Golder thread. Where were Lindsey's remains found? By Ellensburg by any chance? According to a post on that thread that I made, Dale was in Ellensburg on 7/16/09. I will keep reading there and be back.

Haddie McFaddies Mom likes this.
  4. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Strongtower was a mentally ill person who became obsessed with Lindseys case. He posted all over the web for years.

5. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Well-Known Member

Regrettably, I am inclined to think of those 3 old SOB's, given the recovery location.

RIP Lindsey

6. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Well-Known Member

7. Aunt_Tulip

Aunt_Tulip Active Member

Is there a link to the source saying she was found in Kittitas County? I can't find an article that says anything other than Eastern Washington and that they won't comment on where exactly. Thanks!

8. Aunt_Tulip

Aunt_Tulip Active Member

I'm curious why you would think that, not that it isn't possible. Its just that I know a ton of people who have lived in Seattle all their lives and never been over the passes to Eastern Washington. It seems more likely to me that it might be Dale Golder that was known to have traveled from where Lindsey lived to Eastern Washington around the time she went missing.

9. idfinch

idfinch Well-Known Member

It was posted in the heading of the KIRO-7 News conference live on Facebook.

“Partial remains were found in Kittitas County, police tell KIRO 7.”

I have a screenshot that I texted to my husband but I don’t know if I’m allowed to post it here.

10. idfinch

idfinch Well-Known Member

I sent you the screenshot via message, I hope that’s OK. I couldn’t find it again on Facebook.

11. Aunt_Tulip

Aunt_Tulip Active Member

Thank you!

12. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

Prayers to the family and friends as they cope with the news that Lindsey has now been found.
    May she now rest in peace.

Did anyone find an Unidentified Forum thread on the discovery of her remains? I didn't see one but may have missed it.

13. Jules71

Jules71 Well-Known Member

!@#$% I deleted my entire post on my phone. Let me try again.

Ellensburg is in Kittitas County. Dale Golder went to Ellensburg on 7/16 and his gf SC had to drive him back to McCleary because his car was broken down. I believe he wasn't checked out by LE until after that on 7/29(?). He told LE a lot of lies. He was on regular scheduled days off from the Beehive the night Lindsey went missing 6/26, and the next day. He was suspended from his camp counselor job during that time also and returned there on 6/28(?). He had all those calls made to his gf's eastern WA # that stopped abruptly at 9:26 pm until 1:11 am. Then he made a call out at 6-something am the next morning. His car was seen near the Beehive that night around 10 pm. Close to the time Lindsey would have been walking home. The "tomato guy" said Dale was with his gf SC that night at a BBQ but it was later determined she was not in town. Did Dale take Lindsey to Ellensburg that night or did he relocate her there in July? I'm still looking for info about him washing his car. IIRC, he washed it thoroughly in Ellensburg in July. His habits changed in the two months after Lindsey's disappearance. He stopped driving his car all around town and he stopped hanging out with the tomato guy until around the end of August.

I would love to see the screen shot that says her remains were found in Kittitas County.

All JMO.

14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

The remains of a 10-year-old girl who went missing nearly a decade ago have been discovered hundreds of miles from her home.

Lindsey Baum disappeared while walking back to her house in the small town of McCleary, Washington on June 26, 2009.

The case gained nationwide publicity and Lindsey's face even appeared on the cover of People Magazine the following year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-10-year-old-Lindsay-Baum.html#ixzz5F9ckupWv

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...covered-missing-10-year-old-Lindsay-Baum.html

:+:MrTT:+: likes this.
  15. msphilosopher

msphilosopher Well-Known Member

Wow.

Lindsey, Rest In Peace sweet girl.

You’re so loved.

Keep on sparkling [emoji92]

Sent using Tapatalk

16. Seattle1

“We’ve brought Lindsey home,” Grays Harbor County Sheriff Rick Scott said Thursday in making the announcement.

The remains were found in a remote area of Eastern Washington, although the exact location was not disclosed by Scott during a news conference. Local authorities turned the remains over to the FBI for DNA analysis, but the analysis wasn’t done until recently because the remains weren’t connected to a known homicide case, he said.

Scott said authorities would release few details about the discovery and what has now become a kidnapping and homicide investigation. Authorities are now focused on finding the individual responsible, whom Scott called a “monster.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...-recovered-case-now-a-homicide-investigation/

17. gegroff

gegroff New Member

If it is true that her remains were found in Kittitas County, it definitely does not look good for Dale Golder. He is known to travel to Ellensburg. IIRC, Dale stated that on the night of 6/26/09 he was at a BBQ and he left at 9:00pm and passed out at home. This would have him leaving the BBQ shortly before Lindsey went missing. If he was at home passed out, then why was his vehicle seen near the Beehive around 10:00pm. Things just aren't adding up with this kid.

Jules71 likes this.
  18. ladymoffat

ladymoffat Member

Just found out. Rest in peace, precious angel
    :candle:

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

19. MysteryPhobia

MysteryPhobia New Member

Yes.. all of this. He had a very noticeable car with a loud muffler and someone saw and heard his car in town that night around 10pm. AND.. his phone activity stopped at 9:26pm that night and there was only a 2 minute call from his GF at 1:11am.. no other activity on his phone during that whole time. Which was not his usual activity. He was usually very active on the phone until after 1am in the morning. His GF said that she didn't call him that night until 1 because he was at work.. which he wasn't. He also lied to police about where he was that night.. saying he was at his 2nd job at the Christian camp but he had been suspended during that time. He also told people that she had been killed. He also followed Melissa around town. She had to call the police on him. There is so much stuff with this guy that doesn't add up.

Jules71 likes this.
  20. Seattle1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.