FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree something is off, or some detail is missing. Adults die in the middle of nowhere for all sorts of reasons, but not a 10 year-old person less than 5' tall. That should have set off alarm bells.

Perhaps the partial remains were not enough to determine it was a 10 year old - like a skull only. But I agree, seems like that took an awful long time.

FYI the man SC (the ex wife) is pictured with in her recent FB posts is not Dale Golder. She has a boyfriend who happens to look a bit like DG. It appears she and Dale split in late 2016 / early 2017, then were divorced 8/2017. They have two children. (Her instagram is also not private)

Speculating...

DG and SC divorced in 8/2017.

"Hunters" "unknowingly" discover LB's remains in 9/2017.

FBI DNA tests in 5/2018 reveal (I might suggest: *confirms*) the discovered remains are LB.

A warrant is filed for DG in 5/2018.

SC changes info/photos on her FB page in 5/2018.

That is one heck of list of coincidences.

Speculating...

FBI DNA tests in 5/2018 reveal (I might suggest: *confirms*) the discovered remains are LB.

I fully believe what you are hinting at. but when did she know?

Interesting...

It just means the Hunters found ‘bones’. Therefore they didn’t nor could they just walk up and say look at that; these belong to the Lindsey Baum case.
Since they could not say that. The FBI Lab test them in the order they are received kind of thing...or order of priority. So law enforcement and Family were notified 2 weeks before the public announcement was made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The DG Warrant anyone know what it was for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mushroom gatherers are often referred to as "hunters" especially if they're commercial gatherers.

And because they're working close to the ground and looking under ferns and shrubs, mushroom hunters often do find remains. Kind of scary to think about, really.

I can't recall which case it was, but I do recall reading another one recently where it was indeed mushroom pickers that found the remains of a teenage girl. It does make sense, although I sure as heck wouldn't want to be the one to stumble across human remains.

I fully believe what you are hinting at. but when did she know?

Speculating: I suspect doubt of innocence played more a part in the divorce than actual knowing or proof of an evil deed, and that is not to say that search warrants and rumors didn't also impart significant influence.

In reality, we're getting way ahead of ourselves here, as it may turn out there is no DG connection to the LB case beyond the original search warrants and rumors.

What places a fly's breath of doubt in my mind is the "white vehicle" aspect.

DB supposedly owned / operated a white vehicle.

A gas station surveillance video reveals a white vehicle in the area, but it is not DG's vehicle and it remains unidentified as to the owner / operator for that evening.

I'm not sure we know all we need to know to unravel the web of testimony, rumors, warrants and video in this case. Frustrating, indeed. But when the time comes when we finally know most of the facts and rejoice at a conviction, we'll might just wonder how easily we speculated to incorrect conclusion. And even if that remains true till the end, I will not regret any time wasted to speculation and conjecture as long as justice comes to be served.

Speculating...

To me it seems the greatest coincidence is the divorce in Aug. of 2017 and the discovery of the remains the very next month. I’ve searched the internet for a story from 8/2017 of hunters in the area finding remains near where they’re now searching but have come up with nothing, I’m wondering if his ex-wife turned him in and the info about the hunters is a decoy story?

Yes there appears to be no publicly disclosed info whatsoever of remains being found by hunters in the fall of 2017 in that area. That's unusual, right? Seems like these incidents are always disclosed to the media when they happen.

My novice question is, do LE sometimes deliberately put out false details in order to advance a case? (the decoy theory below).

To me it seems the greatest coincidence is the divorce in Aug. of 2017 and the discovery of the remains the very next month. I’ve searched the internet for a story from 8/2017 of hunters in the area finding remains near where they’re now searching but have come up with nothing, I’m wondering if his ex-wife turned him in and the info about the hunters is a decoy story?

Good speculating to you and fiddlehead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes there appears to be no publicly disclosed info whatsoever of remains being found by hunters in the fall of 2017 in that area. That's unusual, right? Seems like these incidents are always disclosed to the media when they happen.

My novice question is, do LE sometimes deliberately put out false details in order to advance a case? (the decoy theory below).
“That's unusual, right?”
Especially considering that if the remains really were found by hunters they must have known, even before testing, that they belonged to a child.

“My novice question is, do LE sometimes deliberately put out false details in order to advance a case?”
I don’t the answer for sure but I would imagine in order to protect a witness or confidential source that they would do so.

I'm not convinced that the discovery of the "partial remains" happened in Sept of 2017. Two things stand out to me: 1. No disclosure to msm about remains being found, and 2. the insane amount of time to identify remains. I think it is likely that LE does at times put out false details for any number of reasons.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but based on our experience in other cases of unidentified remains, a few months is not a long time at all. Really. Seriously.

There are thousands of sets of unidentified remains in this country. Namus lists just under 12,000 cases; experts estimate that no more than a quarter of cases are listed in Namus. Now that DNA is known to be an effective tool, every LE agency with an unidentified person in their cold cases is trying to get a profile.

Some states have their own certified labs that are capable of testing DNA for recent remains, but older remains often need additional techniques that only a handful of labs are equipped and certified to perform. Those techniques take longer, and sometimes the testing needs to be repeated several times before a valid sample is obtained. Most labs and agencies have made concerted efforts to train new people, get up to date equipment, and deal with the load, which has reduced the backlogs from years to months, but it still takes time.

Six or seven months sounds about right for getting non-prioritized results back from the FBI lab.

“That's unusual, right?”
Especially considering that if the remains really were found by hunters they must have known, even before testing, that they belonged to a child.

“My novice question is, do LE sometimes deliberately put out false details in order to advance a case?”
I don’t the answer for sure but I would imagine in order to protect a witness or confidential source that they would do so.

No, they most likely wouldn't be able to tell whether the remains were a child. Even an expert can't tell by just looking. Unless the skeleton was relatively intact, they probably couldn't even tell whether it was a large person or small.

They probably assumed it was one of several hunters, hikers, and mushroom hunters who are missing in that general area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado