France - Explosions and shooting in Paris, 13 November 2015 #2

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by Momoffourboys, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FindHG

FindHG *

Who knows whose passports they were burning, besides? That they released videos of their acolytes burning passports, shown in MSM, may say something, some twisted youthful validation imagery to attract recruits and also to solidify commitment of the new jihadis.

2. cottonweaver

cottonweaver Well-Known Member

:wagon::welcome6:

Your first post Bohemian - welcome to WS - on behalf of all the other posters on this forum

OOPS!!! I mis-read you 1 blog entry as your first post - but there's no point deleting my welcome!

3. steelman

steelman Former Member

I'm sure ISIS can print their own passports.

Pristine, colorful and laminated, your passport will come with a contoured carry case available in many different colors designed for those many different occasions in life. Whether it's a business meeting, a nice quiet dinner, or a night of dancing at the local nightclub, everyone will be able to flash their fashionable ISIS passport with confidence and pride.

Only persons who have those kinds of passports will be admitted into the U.S. for relocation. It's obvious they spent the time and money required to follow proper procedures. an smashed by anvil 10_1_134.gif

Sound ridiculous ? Don't be surprised if it is at the top of the "vetting" requirements for acceptable applicants.

4. ZaZara

ZaZara AstraZaZara

BBM

Respectfully disagree.

Paspports ARE required no matter what, but immigrants throw them away once they are in Greece (Schengen area) and try to present themselves as Syrians. For border control, or what is left of it, it is impossible to determine if this is true.

A (real) passport cuts both ways. It is proof of identity but it also may reflect your history of movements. Many do not want to let authorities know that they come from safe areas like Turkey. Hence they throw away their documents.

There are shelters in Holland where only 15% of the 'refugees' are actually Syrian. The remaining 85% come from various countries, among them Albania and Macedonia. No one from those coutries would ever qualify for asylum in Holland. The numbers clog up the system and the Syrians are desperate. Many men fled to safety in the hope that they could bring their family over soon. (This used to be the procedure until Angela Merkel in Germany invited everybody in.) Now the waiting times have gone up from weeks to months or even a year and their families are left behind without support or cover. Some fathers even want to return, but this may also cause bureaucratic problems.

Mind you, this is not about the army of young single men that is entering Europe.

5. cottonweaver

That's what I thought too when I saw the first boats arrive in Greece

This tells you a little about life in Raqqa under ISIS, not the whole of Syria - but is this what the young men are fleeing from ?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/21/islamic-state-capital-raqqa-syria-isis

This next one demonstrates just how complex the situation is, Four years after the first uprising against President Bashar al-Assad, we speak to people from across the divide, from rebel officers to regime supporters-
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/11/war-in-syria-how-my-life-has-changed

6. cottonweaver

France play England tonight, football at Wembley. For once, England fans may cheer on the opposition team.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rance-guarded-armed-police.html#ixzz3rkaFivTF

7. ZaZara

ZaZara AstraZaZara

http://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/webwe...aet-wo-sich-IS-Sympathisanten-verstecken.html

Twitter shows where the fans of ISIS are located.

To the security services in Western Europe Twitter lacks credibility as a source of information. Nevertheless an easy analysis of the messages sent shows immediately where most ISIS sympathizers are located. One third of all tweets sent on ISIS from Belgium have a positive tone.

That was already apparent from figures that The Guardian published late 2014. It is no surprise that Belgium is a 'haven' for ISIS supporters. In Qatar, half of all tweets about IS positive and Pakistan the number is 35 percent. Support in tweets from Syria stands at 8%.

DWO-WI-Twitter-IS-Aufm.jpg

8. cottonweaver

Yes I read a Turkish passport forger make the wry comment "Everyone wants to be Syrian now."
    This was from the link I provided yesterday about fake passports.

9. cottonweaver

Yes Qataris are big funders. And there is US & European countries in the top ten. UK figures are no surprise to me.

( Mind you, when we in the UK were being bombed by the IRA for 25+ years, we saw similar support from outside countries who helped to fund them.)

10. EllieBee

EllieBee Former Member

Very good post.

I told Mr. Bee this weekend that I don't believe killing off the leaders of these terrorist groups is effective. They are like the Hydra; cut off one head, two more grow in its place.

I also think that while it is important to be aware, when we alter our lives and habits in drastic ways, reacting out of fear and dread, those who want to hurt us already have.

Frankly, I think the biggest eff you is when we keep on keepin' on and don't resort to panicked measures like the ridiculous airport follies.

Like I posted before, I am not a GWB fan, but I did admire him after 9/11 for his words:

http://www.historyplace.com/speeches/gw-bush-9-11.htm

I just think that we cannot allow these terrorists to bully us into changing who we are and what we believe and how we treat others.

11. FindHG

FindHG *

12. ZaZara

ZaZara AstraZaZara

Conflict News ‏@Conflicts

BREAKING: 3 people have been arrested near the German city of Aachen in connection to #ParisAttacks - @dwnews

BBM

13. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

Germany? :thinking: :waitasec: Who'd a thunk it?

14. ZaZara

ZaZara AstraZaZara

Three arrests in Aachen (GERMANY)

FAZ.net
    http://www.faz.net/aktuell/terroranschlaege-in-paris-drei-festnahmen-bei-aachen-13917260.html

A special unit of the police arrested three people after the attacks of Paris, near Aachen. The region is considered a stronghold of the Salafists.

After the terrorist attacks of Paris, the police have arrested three suspects in Alsdorf near Aachen on Tuesday. "We have received indications that one of the fugitives in the context of Paris may be staying in our area," a police spokesman said.

The detainees are said be two women and one man. The identities are not yet known, the interrogations are ongoing. The police is currently looking for the 26-year-old Salah Abdeslam, a brother of a suicide bomber from Paris. An international arrest warrant has been issued.

Previously, it was revealed that Salah Abdeslam also temporarily resided in Germany and in Austria in early September. On September 9, he had entered the country together with two men, traveling from Germany into Austria, said the interior ministry in Vienna. At a traffic stop in Oberösterreich he had indicated that he wanted to spend a week's holiday in Austria.

In Germany violent Salafists are nowhere as active as in North Rhine-Westphalia. Here especially the regions apply to Aachen, Bonn, Mönchengladbach, Wuppertal / Solingen and Bochum as strongholds of the Islamists. According to the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution the Salafist scene in NRW alone comprises approximately 3,000 people.

BBM

Update: according to several sources, the police are still looking for a fourth suspect who allegedly escaped.

15. Peliman

Peliman New Member

Good article and makes a lot of sense. One does have to look at group behavior and cultural connections and maybe a pattern flows. I'd also wonder which mosque the perps seemed to visit and after hours social life.

I don't think it stops there though, I see fear and intimidation being used as in believe in the caliphate or be kafir.

One thing that's been tugging at me was the use of the PS4 or XBox one. I've watched hours of remote teams playing "gears of war" and I can't dismiss the similarity to this whole attack on Paris by a team of well armed commandos. Lets not forget teams can have voice communications while playing another team in a game of COD and the other team cant hear them communicate. I wonder if some recruiting is being done by becoming friendly with other gamers but only to be used as lone wolfs. This goes for PS3's and older gaming systems.

Rambling on here

16. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

Good rambling, it makes a lot if sense to me after watching a grandson playing hour after hour while on the 'phone with his cronies.

17. cottonweaver

BIB - You're not rambling on :), that is related to what the Belgian minister said the day after the attacks - they are using systems like PS4 to communicate with each other without fear of surveillance.

Will try and find the link again

ETA : PS4 encrypted comms link
    http://qz.com/550365/belgian-home-affairs-minister-says-isil-communicates-over-playstation-4/

Whatsapp ( California) , Surespot ( Colorado) , Kik (Ontario) , Wikr ( California)- are all favoured as messenger channels by terrorists communicating & planning. Would be interested to hear what state representatives in those places are doing to disable terrorist communication channels, or is it all about the money really?
    Plenty of info out there that explains when security services approach these companies for data, the company policy is then to warn the user, the user then skips to another messenger service.

18. FindHG

FindHG *

Attacks in Paris
    Complete coverage of the shootings across Paris, Europe’s worst terrorist attack in 11 years.
    New York Times

French leader seeks U.S. and Russian unity to sharpen Islamic State fight

By Karen DeYoung
    November 17 at 7:55 AM

"While France is part of the U.S.-led coalition, Russia has been primarily bombing U.S.-backed opposition forces fighting against Russian-backed Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

As if to buttress Putin’s remarks, Russian jets conducted a series of attacks targeting Raqqa, the de facto Islamic State capital in Syria, where U.S. and French warplanes have also been active."

But Kerry, speaking after meeting with Hollande, seemed to throw cold water on the prospect of an immediate increase in cooperation with Russia to target the militants.

France launches new airstrikes on Syria and anti-terrorism raids at home
    By Missy Ryan, Daniela Deane and Brian Murphy November 17 at 6:47 AM

"Cazeneuve said that “the majority of those who were involved in this attack were unknown to our services,” news agencies reported."

“It is not about containing but about destroying that organization,” Hollande said before the members of Parliament stood to sing the national anthem. “They are not out of our reach.”

“Friday’s acts of war were decided and planned in Syria,” he told parliament. “They were organized in Belgium and perpetrated on our soil with French complicity with one specific goal: to sow fear and to divide us.”

“The level of cooperation could not be higher,” he said. “We agreed to exchange more information and I’m convinced that over the course of the next weeks, Daesch will feel greater pressure. They are feeling it today. They felt it yesterday. They felt it in the past weeks. We gained more territory. Daesch has less territory,” Kerry said, referring to the Arabic name for Islamic State.

Terrorists hide plans by 'going dark'
    http://money.cnn.com/2015/11/16/technology/terrorists-go-dark/index.html

Paris Attacks: Salah Abdeslam's Alleged Getaway Drivers Charged NBCNEWS
    by CASSANDRA VINOGRAD, NANCY ING and MAC WILLIAM BISHOP

'Eiffel Tower has been closed again... this is related to current events.'

'The nations capital is now on high alert'

19. ZaZara

ZaZara AstraZaZara

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/...t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=twitter

The Netherlands: Screening and Control of asylum seekers fails.

Screening and ontrol of asylum seekers should be improved ASAP. Now it is unclear who enters our country, and that causes great dangers. A parliamentary majority demands improvements from Secretary of State Dijkhoff (Security and Justice).

In a damning report by the Inspection of Safety and Justice it was revealed that even people with forged papers are allowed to enter the asylum procedure in the Netherlands. Members of Parliament fear that IS fighters will have an easy time pretending to be refugees.

BBM

20. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

Michigan’s delay on Syrian refugees spurs debate

Mark Hicks, The Detroit News 12:25 a.m. EST November 17, 2015

The decision to suspend moving Syrian refugees into Michigan is drawing mixed reactions from Metro Detroiters, opening up debate on the region’s role as a haven for Mideast immigrants.

When Jihad Alharash visits newly resettled Syrian families that his volunteer group works with, he’s reluctant to mention now how others from that region in the world now will face a harder time reaching Michigan or the United States.

“What happened in Paris and France is such a crime. Nobody can even say a word. I mean all of our hearts are broken … but do you blame these poor families who are coming from Syria, do you just close your doors against them?” said Alharash, a doctor involved with the Syrian American Medical Society and newly formed Syrian American Rescue Network...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/2015/11/16/michigan-syrian-refugees-reaction/75908874/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.