France - Explosions and shooting in Paris, 13 November 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on Twitter posted a horrid photo of the concert venue after the attack. It appeared they had removed some of the bodies but not all. There were no chairs - they were mostly all standing in an open area in front of the stage.

Just horrible - looked like photos I've seen of the inside of animal slaughter houses. Then the photos surface of those who are "celebrating" what happened in Paris - despicable!

ABC CIA told Thurs a major attack was going to happen In Paris ....Washington Post at least 20 ivovked in "planning" which means............

France attacking now Syria (20 min ago) and the kllling goes on and on and on ....this aint the way to make friends.....

as the "biggness" of this expands -- everyone say hello NSA three two one! It , not even sure of the word, well I have one, but I will be put on T/O! It becomes more and stupiding ,when pondering, it all takes time to like absorb, there was aLOT of orchestartion needed to do this.

They know we are talking now , how on earth, did nothing get picked up , but then we are getting 'stuff"- CBS--" a play station thing was used in this one, to communicate amungst themselves, I have heard of it know nothing about it!
http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/terrorists-use-data-ecryption-to-communite-quietly/

CBS just did this I found this bothersome:
Many people have rightfully asked why we turned on Safety Check for Paris but not for bombings in Beirut and other places.” He added that till the Paris attacks, Safety Check was only for natural disasters.“We just changed this and now plan to activate Safety Check for more human disasters going forward as well,” he wrote.

How do you get more human than humans killing people watching a concert? I found the word choice gross

First BBM:
I guess that answers my "Where is our intelligence?" question.

Second BBM:
Yes, it's time we properly introduce ourselves.

I think "Human disasters" might mean something along the lines of disasters created directly by humans, like the human IS the weapon. I don't care for the word choice either.

also enlightening
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/what-motivated-the-terror-attacks-in-paris/

SYRIA— French fighter jets launched a series of attacks on ISIS sites in Raqqa, Syria on Sunday in what officials described as a major bombardment.
The strike involved 12 aircraft including 10 fighter jets. Twenty bombs were dropped, hitting all targets said Mickael Soria, press adviser for France's defense minister.

http://pix11.com/2015/11/15/france-announces-raqqa-airstrikes-on-isis/

rebilgium

Those arrested were in contact with the Paris attackers, a senior Belgian counterterrorism source tells CNN. No weapons or explosives were found on them.

One of three bombers who detonated himself at the Stade de France late Friday arrived on the Greek island of Leros on October 3 among numerous Syrian refugees,

so we can guess it took like 6 weeks to organize?

http://pix11.com/2015/11/15/7-people-arrested-in-belgium-connected-to-paris-attacks-that-left-129-dead/

The man declared himself to be Syrian, said his name was Ahmad al Mohammad and was, under new procedures set up to help refugees, issued a new emergency passport.
From Leros, he traveled to Macedonia, Serbia and then Croatia, Amanpour reported.
The two others who detonated themselves at the stadium carried false Turkish passports

Huge sleeper terror cell in France?

that six people -- all family relatives of Mostefaï -- have been detained.
It is common practice in criminal cases in France to place family members in custody. Mostefaï's relatives have not been charged or arrested.

Some of the Paris attackers were also known to Belgian intelligence,

A man who rented a VW Polo used by terrorists at the Bataclan was intercepted at the border with Belgium, according to Molins, the Paris prosecutor. The man, who was driving a different vehicle when he was caught, is a French citizen living in Belgium and was accompanied by two other people,

large gatherings in the streets have not materialized, partly because the state of emergency prohibits them.

352 were injured, at least 99 seriously,

deeply disturbing increase in the extremist group's capabilities...........

CNN lots of raids happening right now in France by the Frech LE wow just saw a map the places are really far apaart across France

implication?

BUT if all this can happen 48 hours after - then would that not lead us to conclude that in fact a lot is quietly known by all of us western cultures huh?

Kind of think if we put some stuff togeher Beruit the other day was instnese, so was Friday .....so I knd of think everyone ramping up bombing the heck out of em .....which they clearly have stated, makes ISIS desire to kill more ........ seems reasonable to conclude ...........

Humm got the idea of this not the term, but evidently we are over there messing up their roads "out" like berms....................

I suppose , in the last year we have seen copy cat deal, (the going up with axes, and machetes trying to chop people I recall really freaked me out cause man there were a spate of them all over the place........

I dont remember hearing this inside the concert
Witnesses said the attackers also threw grenades into the crowd.

Just read that these monsters shot disabled people in wheelchairs at the concert these poor people had no chance of escaping the horror. They were disabled like me and just out enjoying a night out at a concert like I do but ended up losing their life. I can't even begin or dare to imagine how frightened all the victims must have been not being able to escape from being murdered seeing friends and strangers murdered before them. It just makes your blood boil the suffering these evil individuals have inflicted with no regard for human life. I hope countries can come together to figure out how to handle this global crisis.

Weapons stolen from Army Reserve in Massachusetts, FBI says
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/weapons-stolen-from-army-reserve-in-massachusetts-fbi-says/

Hmmmmm... (When I think of stolen military weapons, I think of two groups: militias and terrorists. Not many militia types in MA)

(I would like to think it's gang members, but would they do something like this?? Maybe some gun runner stole them to sell to some 3rd world country or something. I'm trying to be optimistic here.....)

Hopefully, they catch them ASAP.

Weapons stolen from Army Reserve in Massachusetts, FBI says
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/weapons-stolen-from-army-reserve-in-massachusetts-fbi-says/

Hmmmmm... (When I think of stolen military weapons, I think of two groups: militias and terrorists. Not many militia types in MA)

(I would like to think it's gang members, but would they do something like this?? Maybe some gun runner stole them too sell to some 3rd world country or something. I'm trying to be optimistic.....)

Hopefully, they catch them ASAP.

I am stunned!!

"Nothing at this point in time would tie this to any specific threat or anything else at this point," Hank Shaw, special agent in charge of the FBI's Boston division said at a press conference on Sunday.

I beg to differ ^^^

Epic failure. IMO

Just marking my place in the new thread.

Correction to previous post which mentions that Belgium had the highest number.

Thank you, for posting this before.

"The Muslim youths who have been radicalized — over 400 Belgians have joined extremist militias in Syria and Iraq, by some accounts the highest population among EU countries in per capita terms — tend to be third or fourth generation immigrants, according to Jambon, the Belgian interior minister and deputy prime minister."

http://www.politico.eu/article/molenbeek-a-terrorists-den/

“I came here 50 years ago,” said Mohamed, a shop owner, who like many locals did not want to be identified by his full name. “There has always been some criminality, okay, but it was good to live here. A few years ago, things have changed. These radicals came. They are not even true Muslims.”

To note: this gentleman quoted above may have separated from the regions mindset before it took on radicalization as a means of influence, I would hazard a guess.

Belgium as a hub for AQ goes back to pre 9/11 and other terror groups before it.

"Molenbeek is a hotbed of recruiters for the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, or ISIL."

“The radicalized youngsters — you don’t see those on the streets that often. They’re more secluded, afraid of being caught, too,” said AlDe’emeh.

To note: They don't get radicalized in the street, exactly, but do follow the same pattern of most forms of radicalization. More awareness of that may help, but influence peddling, and intimidation, the cultural kind (shaming etc) and more severe types of it, may be at issue too.

http://www.xpats.com/brussels-weakest-link-europes-fight-against-terrorism#.VkdDyiJv40k.twitter

The complexity of the police and political structures in Brussels is a large part of why Belgium has supplied more jihad fighters to IS than any other country, according to federal home affairs minister Jan Jambon.

Could it be harder than making chocolate?

Still wow...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015...ria-idUSKBN0OB0LK20150526#DO3BAIUKCxEJJwsD.99
World | Tue May 26, 2015 8:42am EDT Related: WORLD
Teenager in Austrian 'Playstation' terrorism case gets two years
VIENNA

bbm

France's Intelligence Failure
(Ouch..)

Snip

After January, the French took a number of minor steps, but avoided a comprehensive reform. The French should have trained additional, massive manpower to deal with situations of terror; to train legal personnel to file charges against terror elements and perform constitutional changes; to purchase a lot of equipment, mainly intelligence machines, which would allow an advanced infiltration of social media, and to get assistance from other countries that have dealt with such situations in the past.

That didn't happen as well. The American source says his country offered to help the French train manpower and sell them intelligence machines of the Palantir company, which specializes in the area of OSINT (Open Source Intelligence), but was turned down. Israel offered different types of aid too, and received a polite refusal.

A key failure is the hesitation to join international systems coordinating the war on terror. The French were very hesitant about exchanging information. Cooperation could have generated, for example, a list of suspects who would be banned entry by all countries, including France.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4726007,00.html

Thank you for this information. You're wonderful to do this.

Do the Belgians or others use it?

Which of the European countries do use OSINT or Palantir?

Didn't Iraqi' Intel alert France prior to the attack?

Having known ahead of time, is there any reason to believe it could have been stopped with those systems?

Why would any country choose to withhold information among those mentioned in the article, or others, as is my impression that warnings are shared, just the same, among those mentioned?

The last attack was on a train, and this one was not, but rather coordinated, and then, very quick in a part of town that's not that easy to get around. It would have been more crowded later into the night. People, from what I know, tend to linger in the cafes on these streets until well past midnight. It was the dinner hour and they hit eateries. They may have practiced it before too, dry runs with other cars, interestingly in the same area as the Charlie Hebdo attacks.

"France's prime minister says there have been 150 police raids overnight in the country."

https://twitter.com/AP

AP Newsbreak: Iraq warned of attacks before Paris assault
By QASSIM ABDUL-ZAHRA
Nov. 16, 2015 1:55 AM EST

"9:25 a.m.

French Prime Minister Manuel Valls says no world leader has asked for the upcoming climate conference in Paris to be delayed, but some side events might be canceled.

Valls, speaking on French radio RTL Monday morning, says the climate summit is "crucial to the planet's future". At least 117 heads of state and government have accepted tinvitations to come on the first day of the Nov. 30-Dec. 11 conference.

Valls says "a series of events that were scheduled might not take place," referring to a live music show near the Eiffel tower and a march for climate scheduled on Nov. 29 in Paris' streets."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/7ed5...p-newsbreak-iraq-warned-attacks-paris-assault

~

Screenshot 2015-11-16 at 4.07.05 AM.jpg

4th attacker ID'd linked to St. Denis area. Security sources to Wash Post, there could be upto 20 people involved.

Manuel Valls warns more attacks may come. Climate mtg on schedule some related events will be curtailed.

US Russian leaders spoke with each other for 35 minutes at a reception on their own, and do agree on one thing, that the situation cannot go on as is much longer.

Source of the information that Baghdad gave word to France is AP. The information was that France, US and Iran would be struck, 19 attacker and 5 in planning and logistics. Trained operatives in Raqqa, sent to sleeper cell in place, though detailed but not much more specific.

Pentagon opening the books to France in assisting with airstrikes, going from a "parallel universe" of confronting the situation to [no-holds-barred] cooperation.

Syrian refugee linked organization confirms the strikes did hit their marks.

"A nervy Paris continues to grieve"

"Meme pas Peur" / Not Even Scared posted in the Square.

A young Frenchman in the Sqaure says he was there during when the firecrackers went off, but he was back within "3 seconds", because he didn't want fear to overcome him.

Another person in the Square said 'I'm here for the dead... and also to show resistance.'

"Close to 100 injured are said to be critical condition in various hospitals"

http://www.france24.com/en/ livestream (same intent, eh paraphrasing)

French officials think as many as 20 plotters may be behind Paris attacks
By Anthony Faiola and Souad Mekhennet November 16 at 2:34 AM

Guns, God and grievances - Belgium's Islamist 'airbase'
World | Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:17am EST
BRUSSELS | BY ROBERT-JAN BARTUNEK AND ALASTAIR MACDONALD

Subscribing to the thread. Thanks to everyone posting links. Great job!

reported 2 hours ago

"Anti-Isis activist group Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently, which has members and contacts inside the city, said there had been over 30 bombing raids.
Several hours after the bombing began, they said there were no reports of civilian casualties from the city’s hospitals.

However, Raqqa_SL gave a list of targets that differed from the French military’s claim of clinical precision, and included medical centres and a museum"

On the other hand ISIL claim:

Isis claimed there were no casualties after the bombardment and that the targets hit were “abandoned sites”.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...tacks-france-airstrikes-isis-raqqa-syria-live

France will pause at noon on Monday (11am GMT; 10pm AEST; 6am ET) for a minute of silence to remember the victims of the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288