France - Explosions and shooting in Paris, 13 November 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously want to know what that looks like--statistically, visually, & how do the Jordanians feel about it? 1 million refugees taken in?

It should be looked at and studied.

The Jordanians feel just fine from what my many Jordanian friends have told me. They feel it's their moral and ethical duty to provide a safe haven for the refugees. It took Jordan a long time to even engage in air strikes against ISIS as they are a peaceful, moderate kingdom; from what I have been told and has been evidenced through my friendships with their citizens; of both sexes and all ages.

For statistics and visuals, I'm sure you can find lots of links on the internet to perform your own research (be mindful of your sources) although I doubt if the suffering of the refugees who have lived in Jordanian camps for years will translate onscreen as well as it does than from the lips of the people who have been there.

Peace out.

You won't find anything from a legitimate source backing it up. And anyway, imho, men escaping Syria is a positive thing. It means they DON'T want to join ISIS.

rbbm.

Excellent point!

You might be correct on the reasons.
So I guess the women and children die while the men run to a safe place!
Omg

So what, Syrian men are somehow 'bad' is that what you're saying? You know what, hate to tell you, but people are pretty much the same the world over, if the men ARE actually leaving first it's probably because they figured having their wives and children walk to Europe was not the right thing when they were safer in a refugee camp or similar.

Or else the whole story is a media beat up and not even true.

You won't find anything from a legitimate source backing it up. And anyway, imho, men escaping Syria is a positive thing. It means they DON'T want to join ISIS.

BBM
I gotta say, that is an angle I had not considered.

Those pictures of children and babies seeking refuge broke my heart. Thank you for that link. That photo of the Syrian refugee twins (toddlers) was especially poignant.

How anyone could look at any human, especially a child, in need and say "nope, sorry, I already helped sone guy this year" is beyond me.

Thanks!
My compassion is just fine thank you but charity starts at home!
We should be taking care of our own before giving more handouts to other countries
JMO

http://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2015/sep/21/refugees-eu-leaders-talks-in-pictures

Even with strict gun laws, this goes to show - where there's a will, there's a way. To bad it was only the evil doers with guns.

One of the scariest things for me about these terrorists is they will use whatever they can get. If they can't get guns they just blow themselves up. If we add metal detectors they will go to places where there are none. They use car bombs. They sneak bombs onto airplanes despite all the security that is (supposedly) in place. How can we fight that? How can we stay ahead of them?

eta: And they're getting more advanced weaponry too. :(

Funny how those that have suffered the most have the most compassion for those suffering, wheras those who lead lives of relative comfort and safety have little to no compassion for other human beings.

You would think blessed circumstances would make one more likely to do good works for those in need. Sad this is not the case.

The Jordanians feel just fine from what my many Jordanian friends have told me. They feel it's their moral and ethical duty to provide a safe haven for the refugees. It took Jordan a long time to even engage in air strikes against ISIS as they are a peaceful, moderate kingdom; from what I have been told and has been evidenced through my friendships with their citizens; of both sexes and all ages.

For statistics and visuals, I'm sure you can find lots of links on the internet to perform your own research (be mindful of your sources) although I doubt if the suffering of the refugees who have lived in Jordanian camps for years will translate onscreen as well as it does than from the lips of the people who have been there.

Peace out.

Box cutters and our own fuel-laden commercial aircraft?

And frankly, it happened on the watch of Democratic Presidents and Republican Presidents. (Obama was not the President during 9/11, which to my horror, I heard a 23-year-old claim today) Voting for some guy who claims he will end terrorism is foolish. It will never end as long as there are people who always think their way is the only way and "If you don't like it, I will kill you."

One of the scariest things for me about these terrorists is they will use whatever they can get. If they can't get guns they just blow themselves up. If we add metal detectors they will go to places where there are none. They use car bombs. They sneak bombs onto airplanes despite all the security that is (supposedly) in place. How can we fight that? How can we stay ahead of them?

Peace out.

You are correct in that I have read quite a few articles since I posted that question (& I really, sincerely think it is a situation worth studying).

Thank you for sharing this perspective.

Funny how those that have suffered the most have the most compassion for those suffering, wheras those who lead lives of relative comfort and safety have little to no compassion for other human beings.

You would think blessed circumstances would make one more likely to do good works for those in need. Sad this is not the case.

This makes me more curious about the terrorists who live in western countries. How many come from privilege?

You mean like the men who orchestrated the attacks in Paris? Weren't some of them refugees?

#Greece PublicOrderMin Toskas confirms Paris attacker w Syrian passport was registered as refugee on Leros island in Oct. /via @AntennaNews
10:41am - 14 Nov 15

https://mobile.twitter.com/YanniKouts

Like the German Jews huh?

I thought that the freedom from religious persecution was one of the US founding principles?

I guess we can remove that from the American dream ------which one are you willing to forgo next?

its not religious persecution when a group is hiding behind a 'religion' to commit mass murder, rape, conquest, etc

This makes me more curious about the terrorists who live in western countries. How many come from privilege?

Bin Laden was a child of great wealth and privilege. I suspect he was not alone in that.

eta: And they're getting more advanced weaponry too. :(

How can we fight that?

Don't "invite them over for dinner"

Yet, Sunday the Pentagon transferred 5 Gitmo detainees to the UAE. And Obama said we are still on for taking 10,000 to 65,000 refugees supposedly from Syria even though we have no way of telling which passports are fake or real and Syria has no system of background checks or records we can use.

They don't care about being invited. If only it were that simple.

Blue---it is that simple. We are supposed to invite them here, we pay the transportation, food, shelter, stipends, language classes, medical attention. We are a very kind, humane country.

What worries me is that I have a sinking feeling that naïveté, ideologies, and blanket kindness will put us in harm's way. It's a huge risk.

So yeah, we don't have to offer the "invite". Nope.

Words matter in ‘ISIS’ war, so use ‘Daesh’

THE MILITANTS who are killing civilians, raping and forcing captured women into sexual slavery, and beheading foreigners in Iraq and Syria are known by several names: the Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham, or ISIS; the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant, or ISIL; and, more recently, the Islamic State, or IS. French officials recently declared that that country would stop using any of those names and instead refer to the group as “Daesh.”

The term “Daesh” is strategically a better choice because it is still accurate in that it spells out the acronym of the group’s full Arabic name, al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi al-Iraq wa al-Sham. Yet, at the same time, “Daesh” can also be understood as a play on words — and an insult. Depending on how it is conjugated in Arabic, it can mean anything from “to trample down and crush” to “a bigot who imposes his view on others.” Already, the group has reportedly threatened to cut out the tongues of anyone who uses the term.

:drumroll:

Serbian police arrest man with Syrian passport matching attacker's

This report from the Guardian’s Milan Dinic in London and Amanda Holpuch in New York:

Serbian police have arrested a man carrying a Syrian passport with the same details as one found near the body of one of the Paris suicide bombers, police sources have told the Guardian.

The passport bears the same name and details – but a different photograph – as the document found near one of the men who attacked the Stade de France.

Serbian officials said that they believe both passports are fake, but added that they are working with French investigators to establish the origin of the documents.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...a-hollande-war#block-564a91b8e4b0e98c91b0d070

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998