France - Kim Kardashian held at gunpoint, Paris, 2016 *arrests*

The thing is, if this is some kind of hoax, they're really stupid. I'm no Kardashian fan, but obviously they know how to make money. If this is a hoax, it's most likely illegal. Also, Kanye had to bail in the middle of a show. That certainly cost a LOT. I think this family is wretched, and those two Jenner girls have been poisoned. But I really don't believe they made this up.

BBM

Didn't cost anything to end the show early, according to this article BetteDavisEyes found:

"It happened several songs into the Kanye West concert, so no refunds would be needed."
http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/10/03/kim-kardashian-robbed-fabricated/

What timing!

jmo

I'll give them this....they are dominating the news today. Even I who have never watched the show, very rarely click on an article about any of them, do not think highly of them at all, and wouldn't recognize Kanye's music unless it was pointed out to me as his....even I have been following this story today.

Well played.

jmo

I'll give them this....they are dominating the news today. Even I who have never watched the show, very rarely click on an article about any of them, do not think highly of them at all, and wouldn't recognize Kanye's music unless it was pointed out to me as his....even I have been following this story today.

Well played.

jmo

WE'RE talking about them, so....yeah.

WE'RE talking about them, so....yeah.

I know! I know! (Don't tell anyone I'm posting on a thread about Kardashians, okay?)

Again, I will eat crow if this turns out to be a true crime, and I will eat it warm.

I'm guessing they were insured, but I haven't seen any confirmation about it.

Kim was "shaken up," which would be understandable if true. Yet, she arrived in the USA amid a massive show of security. And I do mean show. She could've arranged to arrive quietly, which I think would be desirable if shaken up.....but the cameras were there to watch her step out of the car in New York today. Wonder how the paps knew to be there?

Sorry....just not buying it. But, I can be convinced of its reality with some evidence presented. Maybe they'll reveal the evidence on the season premier of the reality show.

I noticed that also, she did NOT look exhausted or disheveled but dressed up in heels, and with fresh makeup, it's odd. Not saying it confirms a hoax but being sacred for my life I wouldn't bother with washing, my hair, makeup and putting on designer clothes. That part I find odd. I'm sure insurance investigators will do a through investigation.

I know! I know! (Don't tell anyone I'm posting on a thread about Kardashians, okay?)

Again, I will eat crow if this turns out to be a true crime, and I will eat it warm.

I've got a great recipe for Crow Bourguignon ;) :toastred:

Kinda weird she was alone in the Paris rented apartment without security. Very un-Kardashian-like.

When she arrived back in the states, she was guarded to the max:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-back-new-york-robbery-pari-article-1.2815696
"Kardashian, 35, was joined by a tremendous unit of protectors, with a head of state-like motorcade featuring at least eight security SUVs and dozens of guards leading their trip from the Teterboro Airport in New Jersey."

Sorry, I'm one of the jaded ones. Wasn't her husband trying to get a bill from Zuckerberg or someone due to financial problems? I'm sure the jewelry was insured.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ka...ion-from-facebooks-mark-zuckerberg-2016-02-15

ITA with you, but that is her persona, her brand. She has to look more fabulous than anybody on their best day, even after being tied up and robbed at gunpoint. I don't think she does disheveled...

I noticed that also, she did NOT look exhausted or disheveled but dressed up in heels, and with fresh makeup, it's odd. Not saying it confirms a hoax but being sacred for my life I wouldn't bother with washing, my hair, makeup and putting on designer clothes. That part I find odd. I'm sure insurance investigators will do a through investigation.

ITA with you, but that is her persona, her brand. She has to look more fabulous than anybody on their best day, even after being tied up and robbed at gunpoint. I don't think she does disheveled... When your livelihood is (in large part), reality TV and social media, everything is a photo op.

She does have a team of people who help her look that way. In my experience, when I feel horrible, trying to look my best, helps a bit. Ugh, I can't believe I'm defending Kim. I just err on believing it when someone says they were attacked.

ITA with you, but that is her persona, her brand. She has to look more fabulous than anybody on their best day, even after being tied up and robbed at gunpoint. I don't think she does disheveled... When your livelihood is (in large part), reality TV and social media, everything is a photo op.

You'd think her state-of-mind wouldn't even think about persona or appearance and could keep the media AWAY.
Her mom looked tired and concerned though.

Ok. So I'm torn. Either a farce for attention or it actually happened. Occam Razor. If it did occur, that should be a wake up call to those idiots. LOL IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The gunmen got in at first by posing as cops, and TMZ reports there were five in total, and that "at least 2 gunmen bound and gagged Kim with handcuffs and tape and then put her in the bathtub... Kim begged them to spare her life, telling them she had babies at home. After the gunmen left she was able to break out of the restraints and called for help."”

“Kardashian West had been in Paris for Paris Fashion Week, where she had been documenting her moves on various social media platforms—People reports that she snapchatted just prior to the break-in—"about 2:30 a.m., Kardashian West showed herself back at her hotel FaceTiming with Chyna to wish her a happy baby shower in L.A., which was her last social media post of the day."

While other family members reportedly stayed at another hotel, Kardashian West had been staying at the private Hôtel de Pourtalès, which is not publicly advertised and features luxury apartments favored by celebrities. Her children—North, age 3, and Saint, just under one year old—were in Paris, but the AP reported they were not with Kardashian West at the time of the violent robbery.”​

Bits and pieces from the Gothamist article.

She managed to break out of the restraints (handcuffs). How did she do that?

Called for help. At least two cell phones were taken. The night watchman was downstairs and was tied up or handcuffed, so, who did she call for help and what phone did she use?

Conveniently, the kids were staying elsewhere in Paris?

Hmmmmmm.

Does tmz count as MSM on celebrity threads?

"Kim Kardashian was ordered out of bed by masked men she initially thought were going to rape her."
http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/03/kim-kardashian-robbery-paris/

Okay, if this happened, I truly feel for her. But I remain skeptical. I mean, why pull a robbery victim out of bed? Wouldn't you just sneak past her and only deal with her if she woke up?

More....

"We're told Kim saw at least one masked man and another wearing a police hat through a sliding glass door. She knew something was amiss, so she rolled off the bed and tried dialing her bodyguard on her cell phone."

So, they ordered her out of bed, but she had already rolled off the bed?

And....

"The robbers duct taped her ankles, picked her up and put her in the bathtub. She then started screaming ... begging them not to kill her because she had babies."

I probably would've screamed earlier, but I guess she didn't.

New info I haven't read yet:

"We're told a friend of Kim's -- Simone -- was also in the apartment ... sleeping in the downstairs bedroom. Simone heard the commotion and locked herself in the bathroom and called Pascal, the bodyguard, and Kourtney ... telling them to hurry back because something was terribly wrong."

If I heard a commotion upstairs, not sure my first response would be to lock myself in the bathroom. I would probably call or go up there to check it out.

Still saying hmmmm.....

Confusing details about how many "robbers" there were. Some reports indicate two, while others say as many as five masked men in police uniforms. I hope there's surveillance video in the area that can be pieced together to provide more information about what happened. How about eyewitnesses? Robbers escaped on bicycles (2 or 4?). Someone must have seen or heard them at some point while they were fleeing from KKW's apartment. I trust there will be a competent, thorough investigation into this alleged robbery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back