France - Machine Gun attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following updates on the attack on CNN and I'm shocked at how many times they are replaying the horrific assassination of the police officer lying on the ground. They censored the part of him being shot on the ground but only AFTER showing the full video of it on live television without warning. I don't know if any of you have seen it but it is incredibly heart-wrenching.

I have seen the raw video, but not on CNN. I have CNN on in the background and am just listening to it. It is heart wrenching.

Heartbreaking, infuriating, disgusting.

I was at the gym early this AM, when I went to join my friend on the treadmills, she told me they had killed a cartoonist. I instantly knew what this what about when she said that. And then I said "they killed a cartoonist? How ridiculous does that sound?" I can't even begin to wrap my head around how any group of people could amass the hate to carry attacks out like this over cartoons/satirical material. It sounds so ridiculous. So what, someone drew/published cartoons you don't agree with? Get over it and get a life.

I hope they capture those responsible and I hope they are made to pay for what they have done. 12 lives. Over cartoons. Un-freaking-believable.

Does France have CCTV?

French prosecutor Francois Molins held a presser but refused to give any details of the investigation except to say the gunmen (?) abandoned their car, hijacked another and then ran over the vehicle's owner. :( He appealed for any information though.

'Prosecutor Francois Molins declines to give details of the investigation:

"The idea is to keep confidentiality and make sure this inquiry is successful, so we have to try to arrest the individuals that committed these murders as soon as possible.'

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-30710777

Also, if you are ballsy enough to carry out an act like this, have the guts to show your face. If it's a cause they believe in so much, then own it and don't hide. COWARDS doesn't even seem fitting enough for these people.

Heartbreaking, infuriating, disgusting.

I was at the gym early this AM, when I went to join my friend on the treadmills, she told me they had killed a cartoonist. I instantly knew what this what about when she said that. And then I said "they killed a cartoonist? How ridiculous does that sound?" I can't even begin to wrap my head around how any group of people could amass the hate to carry attacks out like this over cartoons/satirical material. It sounds so ridiculous. So what, someone drew/published cartoons you don't agree with? Get over it and get a life.

I hope they capture those responsible and I hope they are made to pay for what they have done. 12 lives. Over cartoons. Un-freaking-believable.

Does France have CCTV?

Yes, Paris definitely does. Not so much as the US or UK though.

I'm in Spain right now and have heard speculation the gunmen will flee here. I'm not so sure myself - if they are French-speaking, they'll be more noticeable.

Unfortunately I think it is highly unlikely they will find the attackers. Since they are presumed French citizens/residents they most probably changed clothes, cars, etc. and are freely walking the French streets. Why would they feel the need to flee? Nobody has seen their faces.

Very disturbing and graphic details released

Called out by name and executed: Cartoonists who mocked Islam were slaughtered where they stood for 'insulting Prophet'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lie-Hebdo-massacre-terrorists-asked-name.html

Charlie Hebdo cartoonist reveals terrorists threatened to murder her toddler unless she let them in - how she cowered with child under desk as massacre took place

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nists-Cartoonist-reveals-survived-attack.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know life doesn't work this way, but I wish France could stop all in going outgoing flights and close the borders. Don't let these low life's escape. Find them, make them pay! And now I am really letting my anger get the best of me, and going against what I believe, but wish they could do stuff to them that would make these crazy zealots think twice before doing stuff like this. I'm really not for the torture of prisoners, but sheesh, what can we do to make it stop without submitting to their demands? I'm so sick of people hurting people!

Unfortunately I think it is highly unlikely they will find the attackers. Since they are presumed French citizens/residents they most probably changed clothes, cars, etc. and are freely walking the French streets. Why would they feel the need to flee? Nobody has seen their faces.

I was thinking if French investigators release the plate number of the last car they hijacked, (which they must have as they know the owner) witnesses may spot the gunmen getting out of it, unmasked. But I'm afraid investigators will keep all information secret until it's too late, as usual.

I was thinking if French investigators release the plate number of the last car they hijacked, (which they must have as they know the owner) witnesses may spot the gunmen getting out of it, unmasked. But I'm afraid investigators will keep all information secret until it's too late, as usual.

Good train of thought there, praying they get the break the need. :( hopefully it's not too late.

You are right about that, I didn't consider that option. I guess all we can do is hope!

I think they said at the presser the second car was found dumped in the 19th arondissiment, on the right bank of the river Seine. I didn't hear a description or plate number though.

That means they don't know what car they're in now until it's reported stolen most likely, which could be days :(

I think they said at the presser the second car was found dumped in the 19th arondissiment, on the right bank of the river Seine. I didn't hear a description or plate number though.

I picked up that it was a Cleo they dumped, must've been the BBC livestream but not sure.

Here's a good version of the video of the two killers as they take the first car you can slow down.

I wonder what happened to the third gunperson. Hopefully they have him/her on video as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4