France - Machine Gun attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so right!

Now what are you going to do with that right? :p

I really needed that laugh. What a day.

It is so strange being in southern Spain at this time, and seeing Paris go dark while there was still bright sun here. I'm out of my natural time zone...

humm obviously we US are not doing a very good job sharing our no fly list - they flew- we should all be telling each other everything, and if one gets on one countires no fly list, that should be shared and maybe add them to their no fly list, a big global no fly list

I can't even find a helpline number right now. Maybe someone with sufficient language skills could help?

I dont know maybe call police?

physical address
150 1st Street S.E.
Paris, TX 75460 (map)
mailing address
P.O. Box 9037
Paris, TX 75461
contact information
Code Enforcement
(903) 784-9221 phone
(903) 784-1798 fax

email.gif
alane@paristexas.gov

Here is a list translated to English. This list does not specify who is deceased.

image.jpg

wow cnn

neighbors so concerned about them they broke into thier apt and saw all sorts of guns and they came back and threatened them and they never came forward until now

more ....

Neighbour says suspects in Paris shooting had ‘cache of arms’

When Said and Chérif Kouachi came to pray at their local mosque here in the suburbs north of Paris, they did so quietly and discreetly, saying very little. Except for the time the imam used his Friday sermon to urge worshippers to vote in a coming election.
“The older brother [Said] challenged the imam and walked out. He said it was not the imam’s job to call on Muslims to vote,”

Said Kouachi’s refusal to take part in something as central to being French as voting in an election – and his apparent conviction that other Muslims should also boycott the democratic process – is just one of many tales that suggested the 34-year-old was heading in a direction radically at odds with the French state and society.

There are other, darker stories told here about the two brothers ....

A neighbour in Gennevilliers told The Globe and Mail that she and her husband became so concerned about the behaviour of the Kouachi brothers – whom they could hear loudly reciting the Koran inside their apartment at all hours – that her husband and a friend decided to break in to the Kouachi residence when the brothers left to buy groceries. She said they found a “cache of arms” inside.

..... they were caught when the brothers returned home, and that they shoved her husband around and threatened him into silence. That was two months ago.

.....the brothers shared a fourth-floor apartment in Gennevilliers, a distinctly middle-class suburb on the northern fringe of Paris that counts a large enough Arab and Muslim population among its 40,000 inhabitants to justify a mosque big enough for 2,500 people to pray at once.

Neighbours say Said and 32-year-old Chérif shared their apartment with a third man, named Mohammed, who was believed to be their brother-in-law, as well as a woman who always wore a head-to-toe jilbab, and tightly wrapped headscarf whenever she went outdoors. The woman rarely spoke to anyone but the men who lived with her.

Neighbours say police raided the brothers’ apartment on Wednesday afternoon, several hours after the attack at Charlie Hebdo. A woman, whom French media reported was the wife of Said Kouachi, was taken into custody. ....

Neighbours said the woman appeared to be heavily pregnant at the time of her arrest. Eight others were taken into custody Thursday in connection with the Charlie Hebdo attack. An 18-year-old, whose name had been linked to the attacks in the media, turned himself into police and reportedly told them he could prove he had been in class at the time of the attack.

“I’m scared they will come back and kill me for talking to you, me and my husband,” said a middle-aged woman who answered the door next to the Kouachis’ apartment at 17 rue Basly, a building midway between a very French bakery and a Middle Eastern kebab stand..........

“Through the walls I could hear them praying all the time: ‘In the name of God the most gracious, the most merciful. God is great.’ My husband and a plumber forced the door open because we knew they were hiding weapons inside.”

“They attacked my husband and pushed him against the fridge and said, ‘Are you going to betray us to the police?’”

The answer was no, which partly speaks to the fear the Kouachis obviously instilled in their neighbours, as well as the chasm in understanding between French police and the Muslims who live in the banlieues of Paris.

That the Kouachis had been able to build up a store of weapons in their apartment half an hour’s drive from the centre of Paris is startling, given that Chérif Kouachi is believed to have been on a security watch list.

.......police who searched Chérif’s home found videos of al-Qaeda speeches and evidence on his computer that he frequented jihadi websites. Witnesses to the Charlie Hebdo attack say one of the gunmen claimed they were affiliated with al-Qaeda in Yemen.

there were others in the neighbourhood who clearly understood what might have motivated two residents of middle-class Gennevilliers to attack a symbol of the very different culture that surrounds them in France.

“You’re asking the wrong questions,” said a young African man who approached a journalist on the street outside the kebab stand. “You should ask yourself why someone would be willing to do this, why they would be willing to risk 20 years in jail … You should ask about the gulf in French society.”

........ had far from a privileged upbringing – their Algerian-born parents died while both were young. French media reported Chérif grew up in an orphanage and, before his 2005 arrest, made a living delivering pizzas while he dreamed of being a rap star.

(there were explosions at two French mosques on Thursday, and Mr. Ali showed The Globe and Mail a tweet calling for French to arm themselves and attack mosques on Friday). But the mosque administration opted for unarmed lookouts on the street outside, rather than asking for police protection. “It’s better for the community,” he said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...cache-of-arms-neighbour-says/article22372220/

Yes, my mother heard them as they happened, she was on the phone to me, it was awful

I also wanted to express my sorrow to you as a Parisian. This had to be devastating and your concerns with your dear Mother as well. Words cannot express what I felt and feel as a Canadian along with the rest of the world. We watched. We grieve. We will overcome this evil. One day. Sigh......

Just saw this. There is hope.

I am a Muslim but #JeSuisJuif as I stand with the oppressed in the face of being targetted for murder. I call upon Muslims to do the same!

CNN is reporting 1 terrorist suspect on the run, 3 are dead. Would the one on the run be a female?

Something about the woman does not ring accurate. If I was a hostage, when I got out and was surrounded by men with big guns and bullets (!) I would yell thats her she is getting away she is one of them. So the notion that she just split while everyone was leaving does not make sense

in debriefing the hostages there would be a unniversal report that a man and a woman came in and ......... the fact that after all this time there remains mystery about if she was in store, kinda makes me think he might have been alone all along

what you all think?

Hey there. Frankly it worries me. It appears she was present for the shooting of the 2 officers (one fatal) if accurate. The fact by all appearances she may not have been present today concerns me greatly. For France.

I also wanted to express my sorrow to you as a Parisian. This had to be devastating and your concerns with your dear Mother as well. Words cannot express what I felt and feel as a Canadian along with the rest of the world. We watched. We grieve. We will overcome this evil. One day. Sigh......

Sadly I think that day is far away. What I have noticed like the last 9 months, globally, is that the intelligence folks really do know a lot. A lot.

What I mean is for years all that terror alert, codes, levels, colors etc pretty meaningless. But lately I have noticed, (Australia was brilliant) is they are starting to holler a bit louder ahead of time, but sadly, what happens -- is something happens. They all have been yelling that worldwide they are very worried about exactly what happened the last 72 hours.

Going for training, and coming back, and “doing”. What is very bothersome in this context is that this dude, Andrew Parker, is apparently a super well respected guy in this arena, and for the first time in two years, yesterday, he came forward.

And his chat was not pretty.

Thursday's stark warning from one of the West's most influential spymasters mirrors a growing concern among Western political leaders and their Arab allies about the threat from the cauldron of militant groups in Syria and Iraq.

....militants in Syria are plotting attacks to inflict mass casualties in the West, possibly against transport systems or "iconic targets", the head of& Britain's MI5 Security Service said on Thursday.

.........a strike on the United Kingdom was highly likely.

"A group of core terrorists in Syria is planning mass casualty attacks against the West," Director General Parker said in a rare public speech at MI5 headquarters in London. His last public speech was in October 2013.

In the speech, planned before the killings in Paris, Parker said seasoned militants in Syria aimed to "cause large-scale loss of life, often by attacking transport systems or iconic targets" in the West.

spies in Europe and the United States have been troubled that AL Edda militants from Pakistan have appeared in war torn Syria, in what some intelligence analysts say could be part of a plot to mount a major attack against the West.

MI5, established in 1909 to counter German espionage ahead of World War One, had stopped three potentially deadly "terrorist plots" against the United Kingdom in recent months, he said.

"We face a very serious level of threat that is complex to combat and unlikely to abate significantly for some time,"

"My sharpest concern as Director General of MI5 is the growing gap between the increasingly challenging threat and the decreasing availability of capabilities to address it,"

"The dark places from where those who wish us harm can plot and plan are increasing............

Read more:
http://www.businessinsider.com/andrew-parker-of-mi5-warns-of-attacks-on-uk-2015-1#ixzz3ONcFF1hT

And we have to throw in, the worlds total inability to grasp mental illiness, and the copycat stuff that creates, it is going to be a much rougher future than the hideious last year.

Come on, people are running around streets hacking strangers heads off on a street corner.....we are amiss --we have lost notions of being civilized.

IMO, this is the trailor to a horrible feature film, opening soon, at a theatre far to close ................................

Just saw this. There is hope.

I am a Muslim but #JeSuisJuif as I stand with the oppressed in the face of being targetted for murder. I call upon Muslims to do the same!

I have seen some wonderful editorials, statements, and fittingly, cartoons, from various Muslim media outlets.

I want to draw attention to #jesuisahmed - a hashtag gaining attention in honor of the French Muslim Ahmed Meramet, member of the police forces, who died a brutal death while in service of laws that uphold the freedom to make a mockery of his faith. Such a sad irony, to lose his life to those who make claim to be co-religionists of his.

May Ahmed serve as an example of why terror ultimately will not win. Not only is it wrong, but it inevitably hurts everyone -including the very people you might hope to "help".

RIP to all who lost their lives. And may we all learn to deal more lovingly with one another.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ghbourhood-Charlie-Hebdo-offices-located.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen some wonderful editorials, statements, and fittingly, cartoons, from various Muslim media outlets.

I want to draw attention to #jesuisahmed - a hashtag gaining attention in honor of the French Muslim Ahmed Meramet, member of the police forces, who died a brutal death while in service of laws that uphold the freedom to make a mockery of his faith. Such a sad irony, to lose his life to those who make claim to be co-religionists of his.

May Ahmed serve as an example of why terror ultimately will not win. Not only is it wrong, but it inevitably hurts everyone -including the very people you might hope to "help".

RIP to all who lost their lives. And may we all learn to deal more lovingly with one another.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ghbourhood-Charlie-Hebdo-offices-located.html

Thank you for that. So beautifully stated.

Hey there. Frankly it worries me. It appears she was present for the shooting of the 2 officers (one fatal) if accurate. The fact by all appearances she may not have been present today concerns me greatly. For France.

Hi Bravo!
I am sorry my dear, we must stop meeting like this. Lets chat about a pretty new flower! You know, as a therapist, I love the "background" stuff of "people". I agree with you - I am going to start my hunt! I want to know about her - (wanted to know about all of them , but she is alive) and my diagnosis is we are dealing with a highly disturbed woman, who, in all liklihood, is pretty upset that "we" killed men in her life. Again, I do not think she ripping out her favorite receipe!

AS you know my dear typing and spelling are far from my forte(!) , and their names are so hard! I wish they were bob smith, henry jones, and jane doe! But , I am going to try and see what I can learn about her past.

Hey, the past defines everyones present, sorry , too therapisty huh!

And hey some of us have shared many stories together. What we do it therapy. We do a hunt for facts, to grasp, get an understanding. Then, collecitivly we process. That is therapy!

You will notice this thread now, will move toward the process piece, the venting, the fears etc. Each thread, like therapy, goes through phases as the story arrives, becomes confused, we clarify, we cement , then we emotioniallly respond to what we, unlike news agenices any longer, get the facts right, then we emote with one another.

It is a fascinating process (more like group therapy) and I am sure others in each of our lives think we are just nuts, are you on WS again, (after being here for 12 hours!) there are reasons why it is addictive - and a lot of it has to do with MSM just being a total joke.

Its fine, in a breaking story , to be off. BUt noone has the time (but us) to correct stuff as events move along. And THAT matters - cause at the end of every event - what really happened matters. Whew - see I am in the process phase, with a shadow surronding what our loose vixen might be up to. KInda want like a recess, stay in process place before she does her deal. Been a wild 72 hours

Hi my Garden!

I lov your writing!

A woman scorned, I have much fear,nothing more to say needed...........................

Hi Bravo!
I am sorry my dear, we must stop meeting like this. Lets chat about a pretty new flower! You know, as a therapist, I love the "background" stuff of "people". I agree with you - I am going to start my hunt! I want to know about her - (wanted to know about all of them , but she is alive) and my diagnosis is we are dealing with a highly disturbed woman, who, in all liklihood, is pretty upset that "we" killed men in her life. Again, I do not think she ripping out her favorite receipe!

AS you know my dear typing and spelling are far from my forte(!) , and their names are so hard! I wish they were bob smith, henry jones, and jane doe! But , I am going to try and see what I can learn about her past.

Hey, the past defines everyones present, sorry , too therapisty huh!

And hey some of us have shared many stories together. What we do it therapy. We do a hunt for facts, to grasp, get an understanding. Then, collecitivly we process. That is therapy!

You will notice this thread now, will move toward the process piece, the venting, the fears etc. Each thread, like therapy, goes through phases as the story arrives, becomes confused, we clarify, we cement , then we emotioniallly respond to what we, unlike news agenices any longer, get the facts right, then we emote with one another.

It is a fascinating process (more like group therapy) and I am sure others in each of our lives think we are just nuts, are you on WS again, (after being here for 12 hours!) there are reasons why it is addictive - and a lot of it has to do with MSM just being a total joke.

Its fine, in a breaking story , to be off. BUt noone has the time (but us) to correct stuff as events move along. And THAT matters - cause at the end of every event - what really happened matters. Whew - see I am in the process phase, with a shadow surronding what our loose vixen might be up to. KInda want like a recess, stay in process place before she does her deal. Been a wild 72 hours

LOL I hear ya my dear. I am a Therapist as well. Yes some view us as being nuts LOL . This all is a lot to process. I'm not convinced at 57 I will be around to see the positive change. I hope so for the future of my adult Children and my Grands we one day hope to experience. I think we need to get to the root of the problem. Seems these groups are quite happy to recruit the lost, displaced and vulnerable. Some are just lost souls who attach to something. Anything. Yet I want to see our Country's take a tough stance. If you travel to those places you don't get to return to your former country. I get there is a debate if this is implemented. What about the poor 15 year old that is recruited over the net to join ISIS. Then gets there and realizes they want to go home. Sorry to say but IMO you picked your lot. Not like they split and went to Woodstock!!! What 15/16 etc. year old would do such a thing? Clearly issues beyond normal teen angst. Time for some tough love at the very least. IMO. The fact their new plans are hitting soft targets leaves us all vulnerable. ASSHATS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288