Freddie Mac CFO dead, in apparent suicide

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by lizzybeth, Apr 22, 2009.

1. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

2. Loading...

3. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

Well he was the controller and head of financing outside of said title. I wonder if that helped "guilt" this? Would a controller be in position to financially screw someone?

4. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

Well, I know they have governmental rules and oversights, but it is still possible that he could have been hiding something he was doing that was illegal or unethical. He would have the knowledge and the ability. So maybe he's more responsible than I thought.

5. Marthatex

Marthatex New Member

He took the position not that long ago; so the company's troubles wouldn't be his fault.

But "stress" can make you depressed and there may be other factors.

6. lymom3

lymom3 Active Member

He had been with Freddie Mac for 16 years the articles say. Who knows what role he had in any of this before his appointment to CFO position. I am sure that the problems there can seem completely overwhelming and certainly are more than one person can fix. Either way it is said that anyone would take their own life over a job. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

7. tiredblondy

tiredblondy New Member

My sympathies to his family too. I wish I could not be suspicious but-I wonder if he found out something and some agency or someone decided to quiet him. I just don't trust a lot of what is currently going on!What's so bad is we could never know.

8. PattiAnn

PattiAnn Inactive

I agree. I'm sure his job was stressful but there are so many other factors to consider.

Twice on HLN I heard an investigator describe this as an unintended death. Or did he say unattended death? Did anyone else hear this? There is a huge difference between the two and my ears must be playing tricks on me:confused:

9. AlwaysShocked

AlwaysShocked Well-Known Member

A comptroller or controller; also financial controller, abrv. FC) is a person who supervises accounting and financial reporting within an organization. A controller is an accountant in a business who oversees accounting and the implementation and monitoring of internal controls. In the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada, a controller or financial controller is a senior position within most companies, often reporting to a chief financial officer.

10. arielilane

arielilane Justice for Morgan

You may have heard this:
    "It was an unattended death and there are no signs of foul play," Broderick said, though police could not confirm the exact cause of death.

11. arielilane

I was extremely saddened to hear the news about David Kellermann, acting CFO for Freddie Mac (FHLMC). He was a very successful businessman, husband, and father to a young daughter. How tragic…

12. arielilane

A neighbor tells WTOP a security guard was posted - apparently as a precaution - outside the Kellermann home for "a few days" earlier this month, after Fannie Mae disclosed the names of executives in line for bonuses. Freddie Mac has not disclosed which executives would get bonuses.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?sid=1657033&nid=25

13. justthinkin

justthinkin New Member

He was comptroller of the company before being appointed chief financial officer. He'd been employed by Freddie Mac for 16 years.

14. T-Rex

T-Rex New Member

It has been reported that he hung himself. How sad.

15. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

T-Rex, I heard the same thing on the radio this afternoon. Of course since it was radio I don't have a link.

16. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

May he rest in peace.

17. justthinkin

justthinkin New Member

18. PattyCake

PattyCake Gypsy By Heart

That sounds bizarre 'justthinkin'. Maybe not a suicide?

19. Marthatex

Marthatex New Member

Very odd. I would like to know what the Medical Examiner says.

"Other people in the house? Besides the family?"

20. songline

songline New Member

I do believe that in 16 years you do get to know much about everything given he has had important positions with FM. I am not so sure that anybody will kill themsevs over any job. I think I smell a rat.

21. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

Well, maybe he didn't kill himself over the job, but what he did while doing his job. I thought he might have done it to save himself from some type of criminal charge.

JMO