Freddy Gray Verdict #2. Not Guilty

Hopefully, it won't take more than a few months for the Grievance Commission to act on the complaint, now that all 6 of the cases are formally concluded.

Marilyn Mosby's disbarment would be a pretty nice holiday gift for the citizens of Baltimore, and the 6 officers. If disbarred, she would not be qualified to continue as Prosecutor, and she has about 3 years left on her term as Baltimore City Attorney. Disbarment, IMO, would be an effective way to force her out of her position, as she's pretty unlikely to resign, and a recall is similarly unlikely. And it would be an effective remedy, which is supposed to protect the public, not simply punish the attorney. Disbarment would protect the public from any future malicious prosecutions under her direction.

Lol, but if disbarred, she's so arrogant she'd probably just try to run for mayor next year,or something. And her race-baiting antics would probably get her elected. Or she could be a professional agitator, like she is trying to do in her current position as City Attorney, and crown herself head of the local BLM chapter. She richly deserves every single word of harsh criticism she receives, IMO.

Officers in Freddie Gray Case Suing Marilyn Mosby

Five of the six officers charged for the death of Gray are suing Mosby, as well as Maj. Samuel Cogen of the Baltimore Sheriff's Office, in civil court for a gamut of causes.

In several lawsuits filed earlier this year, Officers William Porter, Edward Nero, Garrett Miller, Lt. Brian Rice, and Sgt. Alicia White alleged defamation, false arrest, false imprisonment, and violation of constitutional rights, among others.

Cogen is also party to the lawsuits because was credited as investigating the charges prior to Mosby's decision to indict the officers.

However, in an affidavit unsealed in the course of Rice's civil lawsuit, Cogen claimed he in fact did not conduct the investigation. He said he merely signed off on the investigation completed by the state's attorney's office which ultimately led to the charges filed against the officers.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/of...ase-suing-marilyn-mosby/ar-BBuZTTP?li=BBnb7Kz

Mosby's Uncle was representing the family and they were awarded a 6.4M dollar payout; her uncle got 40% of the payout - not bad for a family of lawyers and having your neice bring those charges!

Also the city took a 20M dollar "rage riot" payment from the USG to help rebuild - and I am wondering how the politically connected split that ransom payment between themselves.

To a fault, this lawyer enriched her family and created the conditions that led to that enrichment. Is that legal these days?

Mosby's Uncle was representing the family and they were awarded a 6.4M dollar payout; her uncle got 40% of the payout - not bad for a family of lawyers and having your neice bring those charges!

Also the city took a 20M dollar "rage riot" payment from the USG to help rebuild - and I am wondering how the politically connected split that ransom payment between themselves.

To a fault, this lawyer enriched her family and created the conditions that led to that enrichment. Is that legal these days?

Regarding the "rage riot" payments, one of the most depressing and sad outcomes is that owners of "mom and pop" liquor stores in riot areas are not eligible for any reimbursement for rebuilding or re-opening their businesses. And most of the 23 liquor stores that were "grandfathered" were operated by minorities and immigrants--some that are families with kids. Beauty supply stores, for example, get funds, while those that promote "sin" (liquor stores) are not funded.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimor...wont-grant-riot-recovery-money-to-liquor.html

If those stores plan to continue to operate as grandfathered liquor stores in their current locations, they will not be able to receive recovery money being made available to other businesses through the Baltimore Development Corp. The BDC is offering damaged businesses storefront grants of up to $5,000 and no-interest loans of up to $35,000 that can later convert to grants under certain circumstances.

Nonconforming liquor stores can seek assistance from the city, Rawlings-Blake said. But they will have to change to a different line of business or relocate to an area that is zoned for liquor stores.

More on that:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-md-korean-stores-freddie-gray-20150613-story.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-conforming-liquor-stores-20150615-story.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-rodricks-0517-20150515-column.html

And if we would like to examine Marilyn Mosby's claims of belonging to "5 generations" of honorably serving law enforcement officers, and her very hollow claims of supporting law enforcement, we need to look at the circumstances under which all of those "5 genrerations" of relatives were fired or forced to resign. It seems, IMO, that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

“Law enforcement is pretty much instilled within my being,” Mosby told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes on May 1, the day she publicly announced charges against the officers. “I come from five generations of police officers,” she added, pointing out that her mother, father, grandfather and uncles have all served as cops.

But there’s more to the story than Mosby has let on.

Personnel records obtained by The Daily Caller show that Mosby’s mother, Linda Thompson, first violated the Boston police department’s substance abuse policy in 2006. After serving a 45-day rehab stint, Thompson violated the drug code again and voluntarily resigned on Feb. 1, 2008, rather than be fired.

The early retirement allowed Thompson, now 52, to draw a $1,810.69 monthly pension.

Thompson is not the only member of Mosby’s family to have had a rocky policing career. Mosby’s father was fired from the Boston police department in 1991 following accusations that he and his partner robbed drug dealers at gun point. Mosby’s uncle was fired from Boston PD in 2001 after testing positive for cocaine. Her grandfather was a well-respected Boston cop, but he ultimately and unsuccessfully sued the department for racial discrimination in the 1980s.

Mosby has not publicly mentioned any of that during her speeches when running for Baltimore state’s attorney or since taking on the Gray case.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/13/b...-force-after-failing-drug-test/#ixzz4FmE5bXoM

The Daily Caller first reported on Monday that Mosby’s mother, Linda Thompson, was forced to retire from the Boston police force in 2008 after violating the department’s drug policy for the second time. That followed previous reports that Mosby’s father, Alan James, was fired from the department in 1991 following accusations that he and a partner robbed drug dealers.

Mosby has never publicized her family’s complicated past. Instead, she’s repeatedly said that she comes from “five generations” of cops. She’s used that line to rebut critics who say she’s been biased against the six Baltimore police officers she’s charged in the Freddie Gray case.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/15/m...ts-about-her-familys-troubled-police-history/

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/13/b...-boston-police-force-after-failing-drug-test/

If one cares to search, there are some extremely negative comments by an awful lot of people who worked with them about MM's mother and father's troubles with their positions in law enforcement. Which shouldn't matter....except.....MM has touted her LE "pedigree" so often in the recent past. As I said, the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree, IMO.

And then one has to consider how she manipulated the law school system to gain entry after being turned down many times by a number of universities because her grades and LSAT scores did not qualify her for admission. By her own admission in several msm interviews.

I hope she is disbarred. It's an appropriate remedy for what she has done. But now I'm hearing that any action on that may be delayed until the civil suits have been concluded, as well. We will see how it all plays out.

Both of the Assistant Prosecutors ALSO have complaints pending against them at the Maryland Attorney Grievance Commission: Attorneys Janice Bledsoe and Michael Schatzow (who argued the officer's cases in court). Along with Marilyn Mosby, they also face investigation, and potential sanctions such as disbarment.

Here is the complaint against Attorney Bledsoe:

https://www.scribd.com/document/318...cutor-Janice-Bledsoe-Bar-Complaint#from_embed

Marilyn Mosby sure had a LOT of "perks" come her way, after her reckless filing of charges against the 6 Baltimore officers.

This is a really good read on the details of that.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/investigations/bs-md-ci-mosby-expenses-20160603-story.html

Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby's newfound popularity last year translated into $12,000 worth of free travel to speak at events around the country, as well as dozens of awards and other gifts, according to her ethics form filed with the state.

After indicting six police officers in the arrest and death of Freddie Gray, Mosby became a sought-after convention speaker and traveled out of state about once a month, in addition to attending a slew of local events, according to records and her office.

Taxpayers did pay for about $3,100 worth of travel for her security detail when event organizers did not cover it.

Mosby "is a community game-changer," said Germaine Leftridge, who at the beauty expo presented Mosby with a trophy that featured a Swarovski crystal kaleidoscope. "She made a difference, she made a stand, whether it was popular or not. … We loved her like the queen she is."

Mosby's two immediate predecessors — Gregg L. Bernstein, whom Mosby defeated in the 2014 Democratic primary, and Patricia C. Jessamy, Bernstein's predecessor — did not report similar travel.

IMO, she should cherish that Swarovski crystal kaleidoscope for the rest of her life, because that's all she will likely have to "remember" all this when the state disciplinary process is over. IMO, she can spend her days gazing into her crystal kaleidoscope, and *wondering* how and why her job as city attorney imploded.

Police detective says misleading narrative presented to grand jury in Freddie Gray case, records show

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...r-grand-jury-freddie-gray-20160625-story.html

The lead Baltimore police detective in the Freddie Gray investigation said she reluctantly read to grand jurors a summary of evidence provided by prosecutors that she believed was misleading, according to police records reviewed by The Baltimore Sun.

"As I read over the narrative it had several things that I found to be inconsistent with our investigation," Taylor wrote, adding: "I thought the statements in the narrative were misquoted."

But, she wrote, she was "conflicted" about challenging the state's attorney on the narrative in the courtroom. "With great conflict I was sworn in and read the narrative provided," she said in her notes.

JMO I don't thing are going to go well for marilyn.

As I watched MMs latest hissy fit disguised as a PC I am more appalled than ever by her bizarre behavior.

She is truly one of the angriest women I have ever seen and being a DA makes it even worse.

As her nostrils flared with rage she absolutely wouldn't take the blame for her own wrongdoing and bad choices. Instead like all narcissists do she blamed others but never herself. She is going to regret being so disrespectful to the Judge and to the justice system in total. All DAs know or should know you do not come out publicly claiming a Judge is biased or stupidly say the justice system is rigged because Prosecutors know they will have to appear before the same Judge in future cases.

Her defiance comes across as so immature like she is some petulant child bully who didn't get their way and now is throwing a hissy fit.

MM of course said she will not resign even though that would be in the best interest of the citizens of BM. She and Rawlings-Blake both should be terminated for the very poor choices they both made that has cost the BM taxpayers millions of wasted dollars.

She may not resign but that is the least of her worries.

She has multiple lawsuits against her for prosecutorial misconduct. All of them very winnable cases.
She has publically rebuked the Judge and that unethical behavior/violation alone can get her disbarred.
Then she hid exculpatory evidence from the defense teams committing egregious Brady violations.
She had her ADA lie to the Presiding Judge about the rough ride that they both knew never existed.
She brought these 6 cases for the sole purpose to advance her own political career and to support her own personal biases even though she had to know there was no evidence to support these charges.

MMs career is over. IMO and she has no one to blame but herself. I don't even think she will be able to keep her law license so she wont even be able to be an ambulance chasing lawyer.

She has shown she doesn't really care about justice and fairness or our justice system either. All she cares about is winning no matter if she has to do it underhandedly by lying and cover ups.

She really needs to be disbarred and they need to expedite the complaint against her. She also should do jail time for the gross prosecutorial misconduct she willfully and premeditatedly did against 6 innocent police officers. If this isn't done in the interest of justice and fairness it sends a terrible message that Prosecutors can lie, hide evidence, and do whatever they want without being held accountable.

She is even worse than Nifong. Ugggh.

IMO

One thing is certain, IMO-- the officers cases against Marilyn Mosby are a lot stronger than her charges against them.

Defense provides evidence for claim of 'judge-shopping' in Freddie Gray case

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...eddie-gray-filings-20150729-story.html#page=1

Defense attorneys repeated their assertion that a prosecutor — identified for the first time as Assistant State's Attorney Albert Peisinger — communicated improperly with a Circuit Court judge to get the warrants signed after the first judge he tried found that they lacked probable cause.

Got to be careful in B'more city, they got the stingray.

Baltimore became a focal point in 2014 for the growing awareness and debate over stingray technology, which had been in use for years but had been concealed from courts and the public.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-stingray-court-decision-20160331-story.html

eta, so secret that charges were dropped then then say how they arrested the three below.

Police wrote in court documents that they had tracked the kidnap victim's vehicle to the 300 block of E. Madison St, but did not say how.

The incident took place just as the controversy over the stingray device was being revealed, and some cases being dropped rather than have the technology disclosed.

According to court records, suspects Willie Jones, Jabbar Mickles and Robert Johnson were charged in the city with attempted first-degree murder, kidnapping, and related charges in Oct. 2014. In January 2015, all charges in the city were dropped by prosecutors.

Are there criminal charges that can be filed against Mosby for what she has done and directed others to do? Also, who will bring the charges? Special prosecutor? DOJ?
IMO there are a lot of people in her office that if they don't cut a deal for thier honesty will go down right with her.

Disgusting. It appears these officers have figured out a way to perpetrate the perfect murder. I hope they all have miserable careers going forward. They don't deserve their badges. Someone in that van knows who did what and the fact that they all covered for each other illustrates their degree of integrity, professionalism and respect of their oath. Spines don't spontaneously combust.

Disgusting. It appears these officers have figured out a way to perpetrate the perfect murder. I hope they all have miserable careers going forward. They don't deserve their badges. Someone in that van knows who did what and the fact that they all covered for each other illustrates their degree of integrity, professionalism and respect of their oath. Spines don't spontaneously combust.

BBM

Like the other prisoner who was in the back of the van with Gray? The one whose statement was withheld by the prosecution for over a year because it was exculpatory to the defense?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-find...idence-freddie-gray-officer/story?id=39725459

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Are there criminal charges that can be filed against Mosby for what she has done and directed others to do? Also, who will bring the charges? Special prosecutor? DOJ?
IMO there are a lot of people in her office that if they don't cut a deal for thier honesty will go down right with her.

I wish Mosby will be punished in an appreciable way but I doubt it will happen. I find it despicable that prosecutors would use their power to harm people simply to further their political agendas.

I'm for the State bringing justice for victims not for making victims out of innocent people. JMO

BBM

Like the other prisoner who was in the back of the van with Gray? The one whose statement was withheld by the prosecution for over a year because it was exculpatory to the defense?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-find...idence-freddie-gray-officer/story?id=39725459

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He was in a separate compartment. He didn't see what happened, only that something WAS happening. The other prisoner's statement was not exculpatory in any way for the defense, other than that it became a "their word against his" situation. The officers have colluded to protect each other. One or more of these officers mistreated and brutalized this man to the degree that his spine snapped. They just can't figure out who did what. A textbook example of why the police cannot be trusted to investigate the police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back