PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

GUILTY French Polynesia - Stefan Ramin, 40, German, murdered, Nuku Hiva, 9 Oct 2011

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by mysticrose, Oct 16, 2011.

1. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

Round-the-world yachtsman feared eaten by cannibals

GERMAN sailor Stefan Ramin was on the trip of a lifetime when it turned into a nightmare on an island in the middle of nowhere.
    He set off on 2008 with his wife and traversed the globe looking for paradise - but it took a horrible twist when he reached Nuku Hiva in French Polynesia.

The remote tropical island was the last place Mr Ramin was seen before remains, believed to be his, were uncovered.

Experts believe he was "hacked to pieces and burned" and eaten by suspected cannibals.

Testing will conclude whether the ashes belong to Mr Ramin, Radio New Zealand International reported

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/...ls/story-e6frfq80-1226168314065#ixzz1azfHCWnB

2. mysticrose

Warning some disturbing information in his article ...

Eaten by cannibals? Tourist lost in the forest... then sea searchers find charred bones

A round-the-world sailor is feared to have been eaten by cannibals during a visit to a South Sea island.

Remains found in the embers of a camp fire are believed to be those of 40-year-old business adviser Stefan Ramin.

He apparently arranged to go on a traditional goat hunt in the forest after dropping anchor at Nuku Hiva in French Polynesia

His girlfriend Heike Dorsch, 37, says she saw him depart with a local guide, named as Henri Haiti. Only the guide returned, she says, and he told her: ‘There’s been an accident. He needs help.’

Before she could rush into the forest, however, she claims Haiti chained her to a tree and sexually abused her.

She managed to escape hours later to alert authorities and they began a seven-day search for Mr Ramin

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t--searchers-charred-bones.html#ixzz1azjLPJRv

3. mysticrose

4. deelytful1

deelytful1 *~a mere mortal~*

This is why sitting home on my couch, watching TV and playing on the computer is good enough for me! {shiver}
    Poor guy :( Prayers for his family.

5. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

6. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Wow, talking about sensationalism by the media. Cannibals?? Really? Just because he was hacked to pieces and burned does not mean anybody ate him. The article title even says "cannibals", but there is only one person named as a suspect.

On the other hand, Stefan Ramin's pictures remind me sooo much of a man I fell in love with when we I was in my early 30's. He was also a world traveler much like Stefan. We traveled to Brazil together, he broke my heart. It's still a bittersweet memory, close to 20 years later.

7. sherbetjello

sherbetjello Where is Kyron?

Truly bizarre, and sad... and far too scary to open any links contained in this thread.

8. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

What the heck?

9. BuzzieCat

BuzzieCat Member

Hinky IMO.

10. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

That's what I thought.

11. Boytwnmom

Boytwnmom Verified Attorney

reputed to still engage in cannabalism are the Korowai in Indonesian New Guinea. After a recent conversation I read a 2006 Smithsonian article about them. Even they don't indiscriminately kill and eat-they only kill those who they believe are infected by withcraft, usually based on people around them dying and this is always within their own tribe. There was no indication they attacked and cannibalized visitors so this seems like a tall tale to cover a less obscure crime.

For anyone who is interested in this topic of which I certainly knew nothing, here's a linky

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/cannibals.html?c=y&page=1

12. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Feature article from February 2014:

http://www.gq.com/story/arihano-haiti-stefan-ramin-murder-french-polynesia

From May 2014:

http://www.news.com.au/world/polyne...ist-stefan-ramin/story-fndir2ev-1226921543698