From LP, No Lie Dector Tests??

i was just saying that it was on nancy grace tonight and LP said it---it just ended!!!i don't have a link unless she posts links to her guests---which i will look for and see if hse posts them later on tonight!!!
It's all good :)

It bothers me that there's an assumption of guilt if someone won't take a lie detector test.

It's junk science with results only marginally better than.. chance. Someone highly stressed but telling the truth (say, the grandmother of a child everyone says is dead and her daughter in jail...?) can fail; someone who feels no stress whatsoever at lying (say, the mother who went out for Hot Body contests 2 days after her kid went "missing") can pass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygraph

ITA. There is a good reason lie detector tests are not admissable in court. They are not reliable! Perfectly innocent people can and have failed them.

BTW, this is another new story by LP. I documented in another thread the shifting stories being told by him about the ZG script. I'm not sure I would put much stock in anything he says.

It bothers me that there's an assumption of guilt if someone won't take a lie detector test.

It's junk science with results only marginally better than.. chance. Someone highly stressed but telling the truth (say, the grandmother of a child everyone says is dead and her daughter in jail...?) can fail; someone who feels no stress whatsoever at lying (say, the mother who went out for Hot Body contests 2 days after her kid went "missing") can pass.

Good point. I still feel very sorry for George and Cindy, so I tend to try to understand why they do certain things, and I think Lee gave good advice, especially since LE has said that neither of them are persons of interest.

I wonder why LP is just now disclosing this information. Also, I wonder if he'll begin revealing information via the lady from his camp who stayed inside the house with Casey.

google....how to beat a lie detector :p on the same turn you can get false positives. They are not reliable......unless you can have the persons feet on weighted scales and naked and? LOL

A defense attny would be the first one to want their client to take a test. It would remove them as a suspect. law 101

ask any attny, they wil tell you it is a clear indicator if they are hiding something, and helps them with a defense strategy. ask le how many suspects they exclude in a year based on polys.

I am not a lie detector fan at all. We learned how to administer them in college in the Physio Psych class and I was the subject. I failed miserably. The problem is I was being truthful.
I would never recommend that anyone take one.

I don't believe in them either. IMO, there is a good reason they are not admissable in court. However, I am always a bit interested in how people do react to taking them.

That's it right there for me. People can pass it and wrongly be excused from suspicion because of it. It can go both ways.

I would take a lie detector test in a heartbeat if my child or grandchild was missing. I would want to be cleared so no time would be wasted on having to investigate me.

I don't understand why people are afraid of them. I've had several. It was quite a few years ago when companies were allowed to do them.

Mark Klaas asked for one. The Smarts took them. The Hornbecks took them, IIRC. The list is endless of people who wanted to be cleared immediately so LE could look for the real perps. It didn't point the finger of guilt towards any of them.

It is odd but I have listened to this lie detector argument here several times. It seems to me that the people who object to them are the ones that failed them, the people that are for them have either not taken one or taken one and passed.

Just an observation. I have taken one and it wasn't so bad other than that it made me really nervous knowing that they could ask me any questions that they wanted to and I had to tell the truth or the machine would know the difference. Of course, I didn't have anything to hide except for smoking pot when I was 15 but I didn't inhale, I swear!

A sociopath can lie and still pass a polygraph. If they live and believe their "fantasy" they pass the test.
I think though it makes you wonder when innocent people refuse to take them. If you have nothing to hide why worry? IMHO

It's just my opininion, but I don't see how anyone in the family is completely cleared of anything. They were all living at the home and Caylee was last there. Casey has lied, but the others have changed statements around and are very oppositional and defiant. Very defensive and angry towards LE and everyone.

It's just my opininion, but I don't see how anyone in the family is completely cleared of anything. They were all living at the home and Caylee was last there. Casey has lied, but the others have changed statements around and are very oppositional and defiant. Very defensive and angry towards LE and everyone.

I agree. Things don't add up with all the defensive behavior with all the players. They seem to be more into defense mode and less into "grieving mode". IMHO

I am not a lie detector fan at all. We learned how to administer them in college in the Physio Psych class and I was the subject. I failed miserably. The problem is I was being truthful.
I would never recommend that anyone take one.

I agree. They have way too low of an accuracy rate to be considered relevant- I think they have a 75% accuracy rate IIRC. People put too much stock in them. Even if I had nothing to hide, I'd refuse one.

From what Uncle Leonard said, Cindy and George agreed to take the polygraph until Lee got there and talked to them, then came back out and said absolutely not.

Maybe Lee believes in his heart that his parents may have something to hide?

I agree. Things don't add up with all the defensive behavior with all the players. They seem to be more into defense mode and less into "grieving mode". IMHO

I think they will get out of the "defense mode" when the entire media establishment and 99% of blogs on the internet stops heaping scorn upon them and when the belligerant lynch mob gets out of their face and out from in front of their house. I think any of us would be in defense mode under those circumstances.

For me, I'd take one any day of the week and twice on Tuesday if I was panicked about finding my child. Let's get it out of the way, I need people to believe me! Here - you want blood, hair, urine, stool..what!? Just take it and let's get out there and find my baby!

I wouldn't be able to think about myself or my defensive needs if I was innocent and I needed the people around me to help find my child. Accuracy ratios?? Admissable in court?? Who worries about those things when they are reeling with desperation over a lost loved one? It would seem almost protocol to me to take a test in order to focus LE's attention outside of my home.

Those here educated enough to know the statistics on the reliability of a lie detector test surely are familiar with the statistical data for who is most responsible for the deaths of children in the US. And it is for that reason that LE naturally looks to clear the family first.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back