• She is angry that she cannot speak

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • She is furious at being caught in her lies

Votes: 52 19.0%
  • She is wallowing in self-pity at her incarceration

Votes: 61 22.3%
  • She believes she can sway the jury

Votes: 112 41.0%
  • None of the Above (Please comment with your answer)

Votes: 39 14.3%

• Total voters
ITA. And after the first 15 minutes she pretty much gave up the facepullingskinscrapingnosepinchingeyepoking attempts to get herself to produce tears. By the time break came along she looked pretty much normal again. I look worse after reading my bills when they come in the mail.

Very, very descriptive and quite accurate and ITA. I just wanted to add that what Casey is doing is the "expected norm" that we do in this culture. However, FWIW, she is failing miserably. :sick:

At any time are we likely to see any pictures of the remains, I've been quite nervous today incase one of the pictures came on the screen. I really don't want to see them

to be reality based, i saw tears. in her eyelashes and running down her cheek. i honestly believe she is crying because she is being forced to face the horrors of what, i believe, she did to her daughter. i think kc lives in a fantasy world and when forced to face it, something happens to her, panic maybe. she is able to continue the fantasy throughout the photos of the general discovery area until they come to the photos of little caylee's remains. she can no longer live in denial at that point.
i also think she was looking sometimes for residue in the tissue from her nose. sorry, but i would do that, too.
kc, imho, is ODD, (oppositional defiant disorder) and ASD, (anti-social disorder).

At any time are we likely to see any pictures of the remains, I've been quite nervous today incase one of the pictures came on the screen. I really don't want to see them

from what i'm hearing from wftv, the judge essentially ordered they not be shown until the remains, themselves, have been blurred or pixelated.

I'm answering other. Does she have any access to onion juice? It all seemed staged to me. I saw her seem to ask Baez a few pics ahead of the one showing the skull if it was coming up next (or something like that). She must have misjudged, because she pushed in hard on the right lower eyelid at least one whole pic (maybe more) before the first photo mentioning the skull. She was not red eyed yet or looking about to cry. When a little time went by and the pic of the skull finally came up, then she started cry. She wiped a lot more at that right eye than she did her left, and she always wiped in the same spot. Finally, she had pretty much quit wiping the eyes and nose. When Baez got up, and she knew the jury would stop focusing on the pics she started in again. She did change tissues between the nose blowing though.

Interesting you mentioned onion juice. I wondered if she had access to ground pepper or another irritant.
Maybe the dust or cotton fuzzies from the kleenex.

to be reality based, i saw tears. in her eyelashes and running down her cheek. i honestly believe she is crying because she is being forced to face the horrors of what, i believe, she did to her daughter. i think kc lives in a fantasy world and when forced to face it, something happens to her, panic maybe. she is able to continue the fantasy throughout the photos of the general discovery area until they come to the photos of little caylee's remains. she can no longer live in denial at that point.
i also think she was looking sometimes for residue in the tissue from her nose. sorry, but i would do that, too.
kc, imho, is ODD, (oppositional defiant disorder) and ASD, (anti-social disorder).

BBM. Respectfully, she isn't 'facing' anything. She is hiding her face well and refuses to look at what she did to her daughter. How I wish I could grab that bun and force her to face those pictures and look directly at what she did.

If there are any tears they are solely for herself and knowing how much evidence the state has against her. In other words her tears are because she knows she's f'd.

Just remember this....any tears you see flowing from Casey are going to be for herself and not anyone else.

What tears? All I've seen her do is wipe her nose, squint her eyes pretending to cry, and then looking at her tissue to make sure her mascara didn't run. She is a joke if she thinks she is fooling anyone.

I didn't see any moisture on the defendant's eye or nose area today. Nor did I see any on the tissue. However, in all fairness, I must say that I did briefly look away from the TV a couple of times. Maybe it happened and I missed it. :waitasec:

I just don't buy that she is capable of feeling for anyone other than herself. This is not about denial, but sociopathy. MOO, of course.

I noticed her doing a lot of septum-pinching during this testimony. Here's an experiment you can try at home: Grab the fleshy portion in the center of your nose between your nostrils and pinch it hard, digging in your nails a little bit if you can. I guarantee you that your eyes will water, your nose will turn red after a few repetitions, and you may be able to produce an actual tear or two.

I think during Casey's whole childhood, whenever she was good and busted, she could get out of her punishment by crying (or pretending to cry). Her behavior today during Ms. Welch's testimony appeared to be a well-rehearsed routine to me. It may have fooled Cindy and George when Casey was a little girl, but it didn't fool me for a second.

Edit: I voted "none of the above" because I believe that it's really "all of the above".

She is hiding in shame, that is my interpretation.

I can't believe she actually feels shame. Her pattern is to deflect all blame and criticism. She has pretty much proved she has no sense of shame and feels no responsibility for what has happened.

I noticed her doing a lot of septum-pinching during this testimony. Here's an experiment you can try at home: Grab the fleshy portion in the center of your nose between your nostrils and pinch it hard, digging in your nails a little bit if you can. I guarantee you that your eyes will water, your nose will turn red after a few repetitions, and you may be able to produce an actual tear or two.

I think during Casey's whole childhood, whenever she was good and busted, she could get out of her punishment by crying (or pretending to cry). Her behavior today during Ms. Welch's testimony appeared to be a well-rehearsed routine to me. It may have fooled Cindy and George when Casey was a little girl, but it didn't fool me for a second.

Edit: I voted "none of the above" because I believe that it's really "all of the above".

Yes, all of the above should have been an option. (Whoops!)

Good point about the crying, and ITA that it as been a longtime strategy for her when needed. I believe she mostly bullied her parents, though.

I think she is just trying to gain sympathy from the jury. I DON'T think she is crying because she got caught in her web of lies because I actually think she still feels she can continue to come up with more lies to get herself out of this! She's blowing her nose more than she's wiping away tears, ewwww...then she's checking out the tissue..Who wants to see that KC?

Coming from someone who suffers from allergies, my eyes can be watery, nose running - the whole lot. I can go through 10-12 tissues during a bad session. I didn't see this from the inmate. Her tissues were dry. She pretended to blow her nose, but the tissue was still dry. Maybe she had a few tears, but not alot.

When I cry, I'm bumbling mess. When I lost my baby to a tubal pg, I was in bits. I cried and heaved, and hyperventilating (chest goes up and down). I saw none of this from the inmate. I didn't even notice a change in breathing pattern.

I tried to give her every benefit of the doubt, but having lost many close people, I just didn't see a fraction of emotion that I would expect.

It kind of reminds me of her first jail house call:

How come everyone is saying that you are not upset and that you are not crying and you show no caring of where Caylee is at all" Kristina asked.

"Because I'm not here (expletive) crying every two seconds because I have to stay composed to talk to detectives, to make other phone calls and do other things," Casey Anthony said. "I can't sit here and be crying every two seconds like I want to -- I can't."

I always believed she could have cried during that first phone call, yet chose to focus all her emotion on getting Tony's number.

She's a different animal in my book, and I can't even begin to attempt to understand her.

MOO

Mel

I have to chime in here....there is NO WAY those tears were for Caylee, if they were TRUE tears, she would have been sobbing, or her eyes would have been red and swollen, I mean, come on, remember the day that Cindy testified and took a break and then came back, her eyes were swollen and red, she looked like she had been crying because SHE HAD BEEN CRYING.....ICA doesn't know how to cry for anyone but herself!!!..... just sayin' and JMHO...

I haven't seen any tears either and she wasn't successful in making herself throw-up. Today brings Caylee front and center into the courtroom and that is what this case is about. DS is not patting and soothing her for some reason.

She cried harder the day her mother bypassed her in the courtroom after testifying but, I do think today was affecting her because she couldn't get away from it. She was crying for herself because she's feeling trapped.

She could NOT look at the pictures that are what's left of her little baby girl. She was feeling the outrage, the shock, the resentment of the audience on top of her brother being in court this morning. Her parents were not in the courtroom. I'm sure they would not have made it through all that so IMO that was best. I'm sure she was coached but, I for one, have lost all sympathy for her. No amount of tears can convince me she has any remorse for this. Just sorrow because she's been caught.

She is not crying, she is putting on a little show. Defense moved the laptop and everything so the jury could see her fake crying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back