GUILTY Fugitive Lois Riess, 56, arrested by US Marshals for alleged murders in MN and FL, Mar 2018

From July 26:
New photos released in case of accused killer, Lois Riess
These images were released by the State Attorney's office. You can see bullets, guns, gloves, duct tape, scissors, drug paraphernalia, and condoms.
One of the evidence photos shows Riess lifting her shirt to reveal a uniquely identifiable tattoo of a sunset and palm trees on her stomach.

Riess' next court date is scheduled for October 31st.

items_1532542498577_93303187_ver1.0_900_675.JPG

What is this? I’m kinda, thankfully, not very educated on drug paraphernalia.
That’s marijuana and a glass pipe. I would say as far as drugs go, it’s pretty tame. Glass pipes can be bought in most states at a head shop or tobacco store. In Minnesota, medical marijuana is legal, so this may have been acquired legally.

That’s marijuana and a glass pipe. I would say as far as drugs go, it’s pretty tame. Glass pipes can be bought in most states at a head shop or tobacco store. In Minnesota, medical marijuana is legal, so this may have been acquired legally.
Neither am I, but it looks to me like some kind of glass pipe for smoking and some MJ in a baggie. With a lighter, of course. (I have no clue how they use it, don't really want to know).
Thank you both, that is not at all what I imagined a glass pipe to look like.

Thank you both, that is not at all what I imagined a glass pipe to look like.
Me either! I thought it would be pipe-shaped and clear glass. Shows what I know! LOL.

Me either! I thought it would be pipe-shaped and clear glass. Shows what I know! LOL.
Yeah, it's definitely a shorter pipe than you're used to seeing with tobacco. The bowls are also different shapes completely because tobacco and marijuana burn differently. Depending on the state, a marijuana pipe may be considered contraband, so Lori Riess could face another charge for it. If I recall correctly, she was arrested in Texas, so I'm sure she will be. (Because it's Texas.)

Yeah, it's definitely a shorter pipe than you're used to seeing with tobacco. The bowls are also different shapes completely because tobacco and marijuana burn differently. Depending on the state, a marijuana pipe may be considered contraband, so Lori Riess could face another charge for it. If I recall correctly, she was arrested in Texas, so I'm sure she will be. (Because it's Texas.)
Thank you for that info. I hope she is charged.

Wednesday, October 31st:
*Case Management Hearing (@ 9am ET) – FL – Pamela Sellers Hutchinson (59) (April 9, 2018, Marina Village) (found dead in her apt. and LR took IDs & car) - *Lois Ann Riess (56) – charged (4/12/18) with 2nd degree murder with firearm (Life Felony), grand theft auto (3rd deg felony), grand theft (3rd deg felony) & criminal use of personal ID (3rd deg felony). Plead not guilty (5/10/18). No bond. DP will seek DP.
4/19/18 taken into custody in South Padre Island, Texas after being on the run since 3/23/18. 4/26/18 extradited to Florida, 4/28/18 booked in jail, 5/29/18 pretrial detention hearing.
5/31/18 Update: Homicide suspect Lois Riess waived her right to appear at a Tuesday (5/29/18) arraignment. Her next court date is July 11 for case management.
6/21/18 Update: Dodge City LE doing ballistic tests on gun to see if same gun killed Pamela & David.
7/2/18 Update: DA will seek death penalty.
7/11/18 Update: Reiss waives right to speedy trial; State requests handprints & footprints from Reiss. Next-Case Management hearing on 10/31.
*MN - David Riess (54) (March 21, 2018; found Mar. 23, 2018) – Lois Ann Riess (56) – 4/25/18 filed 2nd degree murder charges; suspect accused of shooting husband; warrant for her arrest on 2nd degree murder. Wanted on felony theft charges (3/31/18) re suspicion bank transactions of $11K from DH acct. Plead not guilty (5/10/18) Will be tried after Florida case.

Just reading about this case for the first time.

Wow. Just Wow.

Sure gives us a big reminder not to trust any strangers until you really get to know someone and maybe even do your own background research on them when you think you finally know them.

Hate to have to be suspicious of everyone but in this day and age this is a good example of why we cannot blindly trust someone.

Wednesday, January 9th:
*Case Management Hearing (@ 9am ET) – FL – Pamela Sellers Hutchinson (59) (April 9, 2018, Marina Village) (found dead in her apt. and LR took IDs & car) - *Lois Ann Riess (56) – charged (4/12/18) with 1st degree murder with firearm (Life Felony), grand theft auto (3rd deg felony), grand theft (3rd deg felony) & criminal use of personal ID (2nd deg felony). Plead not guilty (5/10/18). No bond. DP will seek DP.
4/19/18 taken into custody in South Padre Island, Texas after being on the run since 3/23/18. 4/26/18 extradited to Florida, 4/28/18 booked in jail, 5/29/18 pretrial detention hearing.
5/31/18 Update: Homicide suspect Lois Riess waived her right to appear at a Tuesday (5/29/18) arraignment. Her next court date is July 11 for case management.

6/21/18 Update: Dodge City LE doing ballistic tests on gun to see if same gun killed Pamela & David.
7/2/18 Update: DA will seek death penalty.
7/11/18 Update: Reiss waives right to speedy trial; State requests handprints & footprints from Reiss. Next-Case Management hearing on 10/31.

10/31/18 Update: The defense said they are still waiting on information from the ongoing Minnesota investigation, but are ready to start scheduling depositions for this local case. Next hearing in January no date yet.
11/5/18 Update: Case Management hearing 1/9/19.

*MN - David Riess (54) (March 21, 2018, Blooming Prairie; found Mar. 23, 2018) – Lois Ann Riess (56) – 4/25/18 filed 2nd degree murder charges; suspect accused of shooting husband; warrant for her arrest on 2nd degree murder. Wanted on felony theft charges (3/31/18) re suspicion bank transactions of $11K from DH acct. Plead not guilty (5/10/18). Will be tried after Florida case.

Minnesota AG To Review Case Of Lois Riess, Accused In 2 Deaths
February 21, 2019 at 8:21 pm
MANTORVILLE, Minn. (AP) — The Minnesota Attorney General’s office will review the case of a woman accused of killing her husband in southern Minnesota, then fleeing to Florida and killing a woman there.

Lois Riess has not been charged in the fatal shooting of her husband, 54-year-old David Riess, at the couple’s home in Blooming Prairie last March. Dodge County Sheriff Scott Rose says his investigators were at a “standstill” waiting for a handgun recovered from Lois Riess’ hotel room after her arrest in Texas to be released by Florida authorities for ballistic testing in Minnesota.
[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back