Full-size cardboard figure causes NJ bank standoff LOL

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Beyond Belief, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Beyond Belief

Beyond Belief New Member

MONTGOMERY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -- A standoff at a New Jersey bank is over after police learned a "person" seen inside was actually a full-size cardboard figure.
    Officers went to the PNC Bank in Montgomery Township on Thursday night after an alarm went off. They saw what they thought was at least one person through the windows of the bank, which had its blinds drawn.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/ODD_MISTAKEN_STANDOFF?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=ENTERTAINMENT

2. Loading...

3. Beyond Belief

Beyond Belief New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAH Got to love it!:)

4. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

OMG is that funny! We have the large cardboard black/red spiderman we sometimes hang from my sons window..... though the police have never thought someone broke in, lol.

5. EmMomma

EmMomma Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

OMG, I was embarrassed the other day when my mom and I went to a store and one of those dudes was just inside the door and it made me jump. I feel much better now. :crazy:

6. froggierintexas

froggierintexas Don't squat with your spurs on!

Okay, I think I woke the neighbors laughing.

7. fmw63

fmw63 New Member

"After repeatedly failing to get a response, a SWAT team entered the building and discovered the cardboard figure. It was not immediately clear what set off the bank alarm."

Right. Remember that Twilight Zone episode where the store mannequins came alive at night... not saying nuttin' else:eek::waitasec:

8. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

I wonder if they took it out and used it for target practice afterwards to get even with making them look so foolish?! (Or did the cardboard cutout get shot before then?!) Hahahaha~