Funerals

capps said:
Now wait one minute here.
The cops come to the Ramsey's house on 12/23 because they got a hang up 911 call,they stand at the door,never stepping inside to make sure all is well,and takes the word of one of the guest,that nothing is wrong,and he turns around and leaves.

Then,three days later,they get a 911 call again from the Ramsey's house,(two calls in three days would already have me suspicious), about a kidnapping,there's already a house full of people,they want to talk to Burke because he is a key witness,but Burke breezes right past them,because John says so .... and the cops don't stop them!!

If all of the above is correct ... then the Boulder police dept, are bungling idiots!

Good thing the Ramsey's didn't live in New York,police in NY don't take too kindly to people who are not cooperating!

Geeez .....

Capps,

The Boulder police in 1996 were in the grips of a "touchy-feely" approach to crimesolving under then Police Chief Tom Koby. We probably shouldn't blame the cops on the beat for following the Chief's easy-going policies.

capps said:
Now wait one minute here.
The cops come to the Ramsey's house on 12/23 because they got a hang up 911 call,they stand at the door,never stepping inside to make sure all is well,and takes the word of one of the guest,that nothing is wrong,and he turns around and leaves.

Then,three days later,they get a 911 call again from the Ramsey's house,(two calls in three days would already have me suspicious), about a kidnapping,there's already a house full of people,they want to talk to Burke because he is a key witness,but Burke breezes right past them,because John says so .... and the cops don't stop them!!

If all of the above is correct ... then the Boulder police dept, are bungling idiots!

Good thing the Ramsey's didn't live in New York,police in NY don't take too kindly to people who are not cooperating!

Geeez .....
What exactly was that hang up call about?

Maybe im a bit off topic,but something has been bothering me about the stuff Pam took from the house that day,namely the contents of the curio cabinet .Im unsure to whats things would be in a curio cabinet,im supposing they would be things of sentimental value,but why would the Rams be even thinking of that cabinet,was anything out of it buried with JBR,or could anything in it be used as a head bashing weapon.I can understand them wanting clothes,credit cards and other personal things,but why ornments out of a cabinet

My questions is WHY did the police even let the Ramsey's take ANYTHING out of that house, the Ramsey's messed everything up as far as evidence.

It's interesting that a failure of the police to behave professionally is interpreted as a "mess-up" committed by the Ramseys.

BPD was originally prepared to only spend an hour and a half collecting evidence from the house before they turned it back over to the Ramseys. Why would the Ramseys know what should or shouldn't be done to a crime scene?

I made notes yesterday when I was scouring the net for JonBenet info. What the cops say the sister took out of the house is as follows: oil painting, several American Girl dolls, portfolio of JonBenet's pageant photos, pageant medal, graduation photos of older children, john ramsey's bible.

I could find a reason for all of the things to be taken out of the house, the dolls, pics, pageant medal for the funeral itself. Was is used? I don't know.

The bible, I can see why j.r. would want it.

The oil painting? I don't get that one. If it was the one patsy bought j.r. Christmas morning so what? Why would you think of that at this time?

Sounds like your question has been answered though Camper. It was a good thought. No clue too small.

tipper said:
BPD was originally prepared to only spend an hour and a half collecting evidence from the house before they turned it back over to the Ramseys. Why would the Ramseys know what should or shouldn't be done to a crime scene?

Patsy Ramsey was well-versed enough in criminal procedure to dare to tell a defense lawyer and a prosecutor how to do their jobs. Rocky Mountain News, March of 1997:

Patsy Ramsey served as one of six jurors in a trial last fall (1996) of a man accused of punching another man in the mouth during a pickup basketball game. The man who was struck needed extensive dental work.

Jurors acquitted the defendant. But later, during a meeting with prosecuting city attorney Claire Largesse and defense attorney Steve Louth, Patsy Ramsey criticized Louth's presentation of the case.

Neither Largesse nor Louth said they would comment about the case, or what was said in the jury room.

But Patsy Ramsey complained in harsh tones that she hadn't heard testimony from a dentist, nor had she heard any evidence about damages, according to a source familiar with the case.

"It was just bizarre to both of (the attorneys), because it wasn't the defense attorney's job to do that,'' the source said.

Patsy was not some ditsy southern belle, not really, and this should always be kept in mind.

duffy said:
I made notes yesterday when I was scouring the net for JonBenet info. What the cops say the sister took out of the house is as follows: oil painting, several American Girl dolls, portfolio of JonBenet's pageant photos, pageant medal, graduation photos of older children, john ramsey's bible.

I could find a reason for all of the things to be taken out of the house, the dolls, pics, pageant medal for the funeral itself. Was is used? I don't know.

The bible, I can see why j.r. would want it.

The oil painting? I don't get that one. If it was the one patsy bought j.r. Christmas morning so what? Why would you think of that at this time?

Sounds like your question has been answered though Camper. It was a good thought. No clue too small.
Hi Duffy, do you have the full list of the items taken by Pam from the house,i have seen the list before but cant remember where:confused: .

I have no idea about the contents of the curio cabinet, but I have heard a theory concerning the oil painting. They say the duct tape could have come off the back of the painting and probably the cord also, both could have been used to make a type of sling to carry the painting.

Hi Narlacat,do we know what the precious oil painting was of ,if it was a portrait of JBR then i can understand Patsey maybe wanting it for the funeral service ,but other than that I cant see why it would be so important to them,unless it was containing evidence.Ive seen plenty of movies were stuff was hidden inside paintings

Hi Dingo

I'm not sure what the painting was of. I dont think it was of JonBenet. It was a christmas gift from Patsy to John,that she painted.
It could explain where the tape and cord came from but that is just someones theory .

Narlacat quote:
It could explain where the tape and cord came from but that is just someones theory .

That's true Narlacat,

They are all theories ... some people have had their theories for years now.We will probably still have our theories in 2008.

There are no right or wrong theories ... the frustrating part is there are no real answers.Will we ever know the real truth?

(Subliminal message: JR,PR,BR didn't do it.) lol.

lol Capps. I like your theory, it makes alot of sense.
I dont know if we will ever know what happened to JonBenet.
One cant deny the Ram's have acted suspiciously. It is pretty obvious that they know what happened to her, otherwise why would they have acted the way they have?
I dont know how they live with themselves.

Shanny said:
My questions is WHY did the police even let the Ramsey's take ANYTHING out of that house, the Ramsey's messed everything up as far as evidence.

According to Steve Thomas...the police felt they had their killer/s...the Ramseys. It boggles the mind how inept they were at that point.

dingo said:
Hi Duffy, do you have the full list of the items taken by Pam from the house,i have seen the list before but cant remember where:confused: .
From what I looked through yesterday Indigo that was the complete list. I am looking for the link but I have to run and get my glasses so I can read. good thing I don't need glasses to type! This was from the book "A Perfect Murder, Perfect Town"

Regarding the picture maybe the ramsey's knew something l.e. didn't. A list of what l.e. took from the ramsey residence here:
http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/search.html

I'm looking for the other link now.

Artificial evergreen needles
weren't there tiny pieces of evergreen needles found twisted in JonBenet's hair ?

Toltec said:
According to Steve Thomas...the police felt they had their killer/s...the Ramseys. It boggles the mind how inept they were at that point.
I cant believe they also took Aunt Pammy to have a little snack at Macdonalds afterwards whilst she was still wearing a BPD jacket!

Shanny said:
Artificial evergreen needles
weren't there tiny pieces of evergreen needles found twisted in JonBenet's hair ?
Shanny
I dont think it was the evergreen needles that were in JonBenet's hair. My understanding was it was green garland that was used to decorate the stairs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back