GA - 103 Yr old woman banned from lifelong church

Since churches have their own status under the tax code, not many go through the steps to get 501(c)(3) status. It's unlikely to be on the IRS tax exempt entity list. I suspect it's similar for tax exempt status in the state of Georgia (ie, churches are automatically tax exempt and don't have to file the same way other organizations do).

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk
I checked the IRS EO list of organizations eligible to receive tax-exempt contributions and the only church in Elberton that is listed is Carlton Grove Baptist.

That said, there is also a phenomenon known as "steeple-jacking," in which a minister applies to the search committee of a church, being recommended as something vague like "a real good Christian." They may be willing to affiliate denominationally, or respect the beliefs of those already in membership. And good-hearted folks decide that it doesn't really matter so much what denomination you are, and hire the person. What then commences is a process of gradually rewriting church policies and practices, as well as bringing in new members with a commitment to the new minister. And a few years down the road there is a majority willing to cut denominational ties. I have known of some specific cases. Sometimes it fails and the minister is asked to move on--frequently splitting the church as a result. Such "sheep stealing" efforts have specifically targeted successful mainline churches--with an intent to move/replace their theology with something more restrictive, and in some cases more in line Dominionist (theocratic) thinking.

Don't know if that was the case here. But it does happen.
Sounds like this is what he planned to do.

Updates on the church situation and I'm loving it. It is from pimppreachers or church folk revolution. It was blogtalk radio. Mrs Biggs had 50 people sitting with her in church this last Sunday.
The leader (TJ) asked to speak with the pastor and the police told him to wait until after the service. They sat through the service and the pastor left without speaking with anyone that was with Mrs Biggs.
The group with Mrs Biggs became members and took a vote to have a new pastor. They had a pastor with them that agreed to be pastor for 90 days.
The pastor only had 8 members on his side so majority ruled? Hopefully.
The group was going to change the locks to the church (I love this) but police intervened so they left.
The family are trying to get a restraining order (for elder abuse) against pastor Mattox for Mrs Biggs.
IMO

ETA to add replay link.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/church...-mattox-ran-like-coward-the-bully-got-bullied

I'm loving how they handled it, that 50 people came to sit with her in church!!! Now see if they still try to bully her!

I hope MSM will start covering this again. Pastor Mattox and the Deacon appointed by Mattox,Glen James have filed restraining orders against the grandson of Mrs Biggs and also filed against Shirley Robinson.

http://pimppreacher.com/post/129690660440/rev-tim-maddox-deacon-glen-jackson-slap

Lots of information and video in link above.

The grandson is the sole transportation of Mrs Biggs and Shirley Robinson formerly handled the money for the church.
TJ in video says that Elberton is corrupt. IMO

I suspect there is another side to the story. She may have the idea that it is "her" church and things have to be done "her" way. When they are not, then there is a ruckus and things get nasty. Then the neighbors band together to help the dear old lady next door and become "members" of the church to help her get her way.

Some of these small local social groups can get pretty political.

I suspect there is another side to the story. She may have the idea that it is "her" church and things have to be done "her" way. When they are not, then there is a ruckus and things get nasty. Then the neighbors band together to help the dear old lady next door and become "members" of the church to help her get her way.

Some of these small local social groups can get pretty political.

I have the impression that it may possibly be a generational divide. Older members had a more conservative worship style, younger members wanted something more lively and evangelical... and most of the older members left rather than fight.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

On the Church Folk Revolution fb page today they posted that Mattox didn't show up this Sunday for church,so possible victory for Mrs Biggs and other members. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back