GUILTY GA - 5 Georgia Southern Univ nursing students killed in crash, Bryan Co., 22 Apr 2015

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by zwiebel, Apr 23, 2015.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

A seven-vehicle crash has left five female nursing students dead, enroute to their final clinicals at St Joseph's, Chandler Hospital, Wednesday morning. The accident happened on the 1-16 about 20 miles from Savannah.

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/5-georgia-southern-students-killed-in-crash/nkzzm/

Video:
    http://m.wsbtv.com/videos/news/communities-mourning-the-tragic-deaths-of-ga/vDQSdY/

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. EllieBee

EllieBee Former Member

How tragic. What lovely young women with such bright smiles. :(

4. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

A heartbreaking story

5. bluenoser

bluenoser Member

How heart breaking...such beautiful ladies :(

6. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

7. rtjedarling

rtjedarling New Member

Such a horrible tragedy. I have noticed that as the economy has picked up, there are more trucks on the road again. Lots of advertisements for drivers, new drivers on the road and probably drivers pushing it to the limit because there is work. Lots of problems like driver fatigue, inexperience, and trucks not being properly maintained will contribute to more accidents.

8. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

I know, right? Each of these beautiful girls had a bright future to look forward to. And then it's ripped away from them in a heartbeat. Just awful to even think about.....can't imagine the pain their families are dealing with.

9. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Thousands gather at Georgia university to remember five nursing students killed in crash on their last day of school

The women were traveling near Savannah in two vehicles when a tractor-trailer plowed into an SUV, then rolled over a small car

Killed were Emily Clark, Morgan Bass, Abbie Deloach, Catherine Pittman and Caitlyn Baggett - All juniors at Georgia Southern University

The Georgia State Patrol said three people also were injured and seven vehicles were damaged

It could take investigators months to determine whether to file criminal charges against trucker John Wayne Johnson

Johnson was employed by trucking company based out of Mississippi whose drivers have racked up 266 violations over past two years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-two-says-wishes-died-too.html#ixzz3YDh8t6so

10. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Crown Winner by Default ~ Don't Judge :D

i have chills simply reading these stories about this tragedy.......

five bright, beautiful, intelligent, shining stars snuffed out in an instant....they were on their way to take their finals to begin their careers in nursing, after putting in all that work and those long hours, i can imagine the excitement and nervousness they were feeling as they were on the cusp of completing their goal.

i pray the end was swift......occurrences like these make you question the fairness of life, i also pray for their families who are left seeking answers, spiritually and legally......those answers may or may not come......i cannot imagine the grief......

:rose: emily :rose: morgan :rose: abbie :rose: catherine :rose: caitlyn

:rose: strength to those that love them

11. Tawny

Tawny Bye

12. SeekingJana

SeekingJana Well-Known Member

I haven't posted about this before now because I can't even think about it without tears. Oh, those beautiful girls who would have been such assets to Georgia's, and the country's, nurses. Also, there are two injured classmates in hospitals, according to the last update I read. Praying for their complete recovery and return to their nursing program.

There's definitely a lively and also very determined esprit de' corps among nursing students. You are aware that you are part of something so life- changing and powerful. Plus, there's the nursing humor to balance the sometimes- scary part. When you have to travel so far and so often to hospital training, called clinicals, you form bonds with the girls you travel with.
    I keep remembering my own years of driving 50 or so miles each way from college to hospital clinicals with 3, sometimes 4 of my friends three days a week. Oh, my goodness, we were SO young, and so happy and so excited about everything we did in our nursing training.

We took turns driving.. One of us had a vintage Mustang convertible, obviously no seat belts or other safety features.
    I haven't seen my former fellow student friends in many years, but I remember them with much love.

I can't believe these 5 beautiful promising nurses are gone. All at once. I hope very much that the school will set up memorial scholarships in their honor. I definitely want to donate annually in their memory and as a huge " thank you" to God for keeping the four ( sometimes 5) of us safe in the late 70's. One of my clinical buddies managed a large ER for many years. Another was the head nurse for a county hospital's surgical department.
    A third is an extremely dedicated OB nurse, who lost her home in the 2011 Alabama super tornado storms.
    And I was an ICU nurse for most of my career, until I had a back injury and transferred into utilization management and admission to discharge planning.

Those young nurses in training would have made such a difference to many sick and hurting people. I hope that the news stories about them will spark something inside young teens to want to be nurses. I don't know what my life would have been without nursing. It was my passion, my calling. I think this is true for every dedicated nurse in the world.

13. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

14. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

From July:

Truck Driver Sentenced In Crash That Killed 5 Students In Ga.

http://news.wabe.org/post/truck-driver-sentenced-crash-killed-5-students-ga

Father of Millen-native Georgia Southern Nursing student forgives driver that caused deadly crash

http://wjbf.com/2016/07/15/father-of-millen-native-georgia-southern-nursing-student-says-he-forgives-driver-that-caused-deadly-crash/

Nurses Remember GSU Students Killed in I-16 Crash - April 2016

15. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

From April & May:

http://wjbf.com/2016/04/20/families-of-georgia-southern-nursing-students-killed-in-2015-settle-lawsuits/

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/80m-settlements-truck-crash-that-killed-nursing-students/USrbQPScxtEGw1zwpnlo6M/

From last month:

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/survivor-gets-15m-deadly-pileup-that-killed-nursing-students/VzGyuVXVn0Hmkqbu88xAcP/