GA - A Group of Georgia Third Graders Plot To Attack Teacher

The Jacksonville news said the target was Belle Carter, a veteran educator who teaches third-grade students with learning disabilities in a contained classroom setting. Carter taught students with a range of learning disabilities, including attention deficit disorder, delayed development and hyperactivity.

Maybe this explains things more clearly.

The Jacksonville news said the target was Belle Carter, a veteran educator who teaches third-grade students with learning disabilities in a contained classroom setting. Carter taught students with a range of learning disabilities, including attention deficit disorder, delayed development and hyperactivity.

Yep - I just read that at this article: http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...threat_0401.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

The cops are taking it very seriously, though they are still investigating who knew what.

There is truth in this. Also, so many kids are tremendously overscheduled with organized activities!

Totally agree. I think if there is more than a couple kids in a house, it takes a toll on the whole family, not just the ones in the after school stuff.

Kids don't believe they are kids because they are not treated as such. I am all about letting a kid be who they are, but not to the extent it impacts ANYONE else. We can't teach them that it's always their way, because it ultimately ends with a situation like this.

i am at a loss for words. i am never at a loss for words but wow. 6 to 9 kids all under the age of 10 that agree to hurt their teacher and bring tools to do it. wow just wow.

I think that how they were questioned should come into play as to the legitimacy of this.

It explains nothing! Kids are behaving like animals! I saw on tv yesterday morning a story about an 11 yr old girl that was tazered by police after she punched a school cop in the face and resisted all attempts to calm her down. BTW the 11 yr old was 5 foot 5 and 168 pounds!

Frankly I was appalled at the people that condemned the cop for using the taser!

This is what happens when you don't disapline your children! They becaome animals!

The Government has told us we can only discipline a certain way. Time-out may work for some but it doesn't work for all.

Many of these children may have learning disabilities, but that usually means having trouble with math, spelling or reading or staying focused. These children certainly didn't have any problem planning and plotting to harm their teacher.

I do wonder what these parents are allowing their children to get away with at home? What respect of authorities is being taught to them? This disrespect for their teacher probably didn't just start in the classroom. I bet these children disrespect their parents at home and get away with it.

There is truth in this. Also, so many kids are tremendously overscheduled with organized activities!

I totally agree. I know kids who eat their dinner in the car in between organized activities. Homework is done when they can squeeze it in. Acrtivities are fine, but all things in moderation.

Many of these children may have learning disabilities, but that usually means having trouble with math, spelling or reading or staying focused. These children certainly didn't have any problem planning and plotting to harm their teacher.

I do wonder what these parents are allowing their children to get away with at home? What respect of authorities is being taught to them? This disrespect for their teacher probably didn't just start in the classroom. I bet these children disrespect their parents at home and get away with it.

I apologize for the double post, but I had to say something. I'll apologize in advance if I don't put this correctly and offend somebody. Some parents of kids with learning disabilities treat their kids like the LD is a free pass to behave however they damn well please. Like the world should just understand that their kid has learning disabilities and they should be excused from following the rules. I don't buy that method of parenting.

I'm dealing with it right now with my step-daughter and it's driving me nuts. Some in my fiancee's family think that every tantrum, lie and whatnot should be excused because she has learning problems. I'm sorry, I'm not that kind of mom. She will respect the other members of our household, she will respect her teachers, she will behave herself. Having a learning disability does not change that. Maybe I"m projecting, I'm stressed and pissed off. Again, I'm sorry to any parent here I may offend.

These parents are trying to survive a system that is totally undermining us and our children despite what the law states.

I apologize for the double post, but I had to say something. I'll apologize in advance if I don't put this correctly and offend somebody. Some parents of kids with learning disabilities treat their kids like the LD is a free pass to behave however they damn well please. Like the world should just understand that their kid has learning disabilities and they should be excused from following the rules. I don't buy that method of parenting.

I'm dealing with it right now with my step-daughter and it's driving me nuts. Some in my fiancee's family think that every tantrum, lie and whatnot should be excused because she has learning problems. I'm sorry, I'm not that kind of mom. She will respect the other members of our household, she will respect her teachers, she will behave herself. Having a learning disability does not change that. Maybe I"m projecting, I'm stressed and pissed off. Again, I'm sorry to any parent here I may offend.

I think you are 100% correct! :clap: :clap:

Thank goodness they didn't have access to a gun!
Yeah like the third grader got caught with the loaded gun here in Philly the other day. Kids is out their minds anymore. Just me, but I also think alot of it has to do with the "Not my child" mindset parents have. Never make the kids take responsibility for jack.

Yeah like the third grader got caught with the loaded gun here in Philly the other day. Kids is out their minds anymore. Just me, but I also think alot of it has to do with the "Not my child" mindset parents have. Never make the kids take responsibility for jack.

Too bad you're in Philly, I'd buy ya a coffee. We could sit around and be complete bit*hes about today's methods of parenting. It'd be a blast!

Too bad you're in Philly, I'd buy ya a coffee. We could sit around and be complete bit*hes about today's methods of parenting. It'd be a blast!

Indeed, Eire. Plus we could snoop. LOL Sitting in a D&D drinking coffee, eating doughnuts and sleuthing. Oh yeah and attacking parents methods of discipline on these dang kids. LOL

No offense taken here! I applaud you for not excusing your fiance's (sp?) daughter's bad behaviors. I have a friend who continually excuses her son's behavior because he carries the ADHD label. I don't think that this is an excuse for him not following the rules of society and the law. (He is not a child anymore, but apparently ADHD is a good enough excuse whether you are 8 or 22, in her eyes?)

I can believe that a severely disturbed child did this and led the others. I imagine the old teacher was probably mean though, but that's no excuse. A broken steak knife and heave paper weight could really harm someone.

This was too well planned - one kid assigned to cover the windows!!?? As to the teacher being mean, the way these kids acted, I would imagine their idea of a mean teacher might be as simple as the SOB expected good behavior and completed lessons. There is NO excuse for what these kids were planning to do.

I have a friend who was a teacher (elementary level) and she likely would have stayed until she died at her desk because she LOVED it, but she retired because she said kids were just getting hateful. There were days when there would be a bad apple or two, but she said the numbers were increasing. Then you have the irate parents who say their kids can't complete assignments because they have soccer, dancing, riding, etc etc. I'm all in favor of athletics, but unless your child is good enough to go pro, you can't let education fall by the wayside.

If I were of child baring age now, I don't think there's any way I'd do it! Childhood should be the way it was when I was young. You can go outside safely, and you're INNOCENT and can stay that way. Violence on tv is limited to the Road Runner getting smashed etc and you obey your parents' rules because you love and respect them.

Believe me I hear ya! Having problems does not give you a free pass to act like a total little brat. My son has a few issues but let me tell you he knows right from wrong. His disability is never used as an excuse for anything. He is 10 and I don't even think he knows he has some problems. We treat him exactly like our other kids. There is this one boy in his special ed. class and I could just choke this kids mom. Her son has stole my sons things, has asked my son to do things like ''take off your pants and walk around in your underwear''..anytime the mom is approached she says ''my son has bi polar and his meds need to be adjusted''...yeah go stick em on some more meds and expect THAT to fix all your problems.. :rolleyes: My sons teacher has even made the comment of when that child shows up in class it ruins her day. I know that is a horrible thing for a teacher to say but sometimes it is what it is...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back