GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #4

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Cryptic, May 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smkd

Smkd Well-Known Member

He was comfortable enough to say that OUT LOUD, this is outrageous. What on earth is he trying to achieve. Influencing the jury is a flimsy way of justifying him saying that black reverends are intimidating, and he said it with his chest.

I honestly don’t understand what his strategy is, he just seems to love wasting everyone’s time. He’s just insufferable

2. Smkd

Smkd Well-Known Member

He was comfortable enough to say that OUT LOUD, this is outrageous. What on earth is he trying to achieve. Influencing the jury is a flimsy way of justifying him saying that black reverends are intimidating, and he said it with his chest.

I honestly don’t understand what his strategy is, he just seems to love wasting everyone’s time. He’s just insufferable

Medstudies, Niner and Marg from Oz like this.
  3. joe jones

joe jones Well-Known Member

I thought courtrooms were open to the public,

4. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Depends on the circumstances and the case. I also think with Covid, they're only allowing so many in a courtroom at a time. Regardless of that, people in the courtroom are not allowed to be disruptive nor can spectators be intimidating to the witnesses, jury, or other parties.
    https://scholarworks.law.ubalt.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1577&context=lf

Niner, Cryptic, Marg from Oz and 2 others like this.
  5. Pet woman

Pet woman Well-Known Member

This is absolutely disgusting, and outrageous, I’ve never seen anything like this, KG, is clearly wearing racism, on his sleeve. I’m also appalled by the way, KG, is treating L English. I feel he is badgering him, LE, is very ill with memory problems, and is being treated with total disrespect. My heart goes out to him. IMO

angelainwi, Medstudies, Niner and 3 others like this.
  6. Kristin Esq.

Kristin Esq. Verified Attorney

HLN must be very behind. I haven't seen Gough examine English yet.

angelainwi and Marg from Oz like this.
  7. LMDlong

LMDlong Well-Known Member

IMO the statement made by KG was very disrespectful and racist.

8. branmuffin

branmuffin Well-Known Member

The jurors sure are getting their exercise.

angelainwi, sds71 and Marg from Oz like this.
  9. branmuffin

I remember watching that security video over and over again the day AA was murdered. Maybe Albenze isn't lying but I believe he is editing his role in the circumstances surrounding AA's death. MOO

10. clearskies1

clearskies1 Well-Known Member

So I take it that the the videos just showed Ahmaud Arbery looking at the ongoing construction in the house. All this questioning and he's just looking at the work. JMO.

GarAndTeed, Medstudies, Niner and 2 others like this.
  11. branmuffin

Probably because during the several minutes he was chased by two different vehicles he may have thought any and all those homes had the same type of characters in them, that were willing to kill him for going on their property. And Georgia's Castle Doctrine.

GarAndTeed, Medstudies, Niner and 4 others like this.
  12. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

If that neighborhood is so full of the "same type of characters", I'd wonder why AA entered the neighborhood at all. That makes even less sense to me.

Marg from Oz, ringbearer and Yuletide like this.
  13. Yuletide

Yuletide Well-Known Member

Al Sharpton being there is nothing short of racism. He is announcing by his presence that he determined this crime was committed based on racism. Clowns leading the circus. This is a court of law and should be regarded as such.

magnolia, BeckyF and ringbearer like this.
  14. Yuletide

No. I think he caused AA to run. That’s ok. The others over reacted and the tragic result happened

Marg from Oz likes this.
  15. Yuletide

Has Al Sharpton arrived at the trial of every African American murdered? No. He has not. And why? Aren’t they all important?

BeckyF, Marg from Oz and ringbearer like this.
  16. tara83

tara83 Well-Known Member

It's painfully obvious this man's murder was about racism IMO.

17. Yuletide

It most certainly is not E called 911 when he saw the white people in his house once. AA had been there multiple times and E knew it and shared it with neighbors. He alarmed them.

Marg from Oz and ringbearer like this.
  18. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

two words -- Tawana Brawley. I have no words that can be posted here.

19. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Continued for Thursday, 11/11/21:

Veronica Waters
    @MissVWaters
    ·
    12h
    Back from lunch, Kevin Gough says that during his Wednesday cross-exam of fmr. GCPD Inv. Lowrey, "The Right Rev. Al Sharpton managed to find his way into the back of the courtroom. I'm guessing he was there at the invitation of the victim's family."

Court.jpg

Gough says he has nothing against Mr. Sharpton, but he's concerned that a precedent of high-profile African Americans sitting w/the family in jury's presence is "intimidating, & could be--consciously or unconsciously--an attempt to pressure or influence the jury."

Gough.jpg

Gough: Sharpton doesn't have a church in GlynnCo: "There's only so many pastors they can have. If it's Al Sharpton now fine but that's it. "We don't want any more Black pastors coming in here--Jesse Jackson here earlier--sitting w/victim's family to influence jury"

Bob Rubin chimes in and says it's a reminder of Court's previous instructions to keep outside influences outside the courtroom. ADA Dunikoski says it's a public courthouse, State had nothing to do with Rev Sharpton visiting with the victim's family

Gough: If a bunch of people came in here dressed like Col. Sanders wearing white masks--. Judge cuts KG off, says he was asked if it was OK for Rev Sharpton to come in instead of someone from family. Judge said as long as it's not disruptive--and it wasn't

Judge: "I noticed him once, that was it. That nobody noticed means everybody complied w/ruling on sitting & listening. I'm not going to blanketly exclude public...& I haven't heard from anyone of any distraction--what I heard is no one was even aware he was here"

Judge.jpg

Gough: It's not important if lawyers noticed, it's important that jurors--who've expressed concern about anonymity-- can eyeball people they recognize from TV. It's an issue. I don't have a motion right now. Judge: No motion before Court, OK. Let's continue

Court 2.jpg

Larry English deposition continues with questioning by Travis McMichael attorney Bob Rubin.

Rubin.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/MissVWaters

wonder why this tweeter doesn't post anything that goes to the end of day for the trial hearing....

Marg from Oz, Cortne and ilovewings like this.
  20. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Friday, Nov. 12th:
    *Trial continues (Day 6) (@ 9am ET) - GA – Ahmaud Marquez Arbery (25) (Feb. 23, 2020, shot while jogging in Satilla Shores neighborhood, Brunswick) - *Gregory Johns McMichael (64/now 65) arrested (5/7/20) & charged (5/8/20) with felony murder & aggravated assault. Indicted (6/24/20), charged & arraigned (7/17/20) with 1 count of malice murder, 4 counts of felony murder, 2 counts of aggravated assault, 1 count of false imprisonment & 1 count of criminal attempt to commit a felony. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Bond denied (11/13/20).
    *Travis James McMichael (34/now 35) arrested (5/7/20) & charged (5/8/20) with felony murder & aggravated assault. Indicted (6/24/20), charged & arraigned (7/17/20) with 1 count of malice murder, 4 counts of felony murder, 2 counts of aggravated assault, 1 count of false imprisonment & 1 count of criminal attempt to commit a felony. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Bond denied (11/13/20).
    *William “Roddie” Roderick Bryan, Jr. (50/now 51) arrested & charged (5/21/20) with felony murder & criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment. Indicted (6/24/20), charged & arraigned (7/17/20) with 1 count of malice murder, 4 counts of felony murder, 2 counts of aggravated assault, 1 count of false imprisonment & 1 count of criminal attempt to commit a felony. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
    Trial began on 10/18/21 with jury selection & ended on 11/3/21. Trial began on 11/5/21. Jurors: 5 men & 11 women with 4 alternates. 15 white/1 black jurors. 11/4/21: Juror #579 was excused, sick. Alternates now 3.
    Court info from 5/8/20 thru 10/17/21 & Jury selection (Day 1-12) 10/18/21-11/3/21 & Trial (Day 1-4) 11/5/21 to 11/10/21 reference post #168 here:
    GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #4

11/11/21 Thursday, Trial Day 5: Defense attorney Kevin Gough has raised several motions including one objecting to having court on Veteran's Day calling it illegal & unconstitutional to compel jurors to court on a federal holiday despite their being willing to serve today. The judge responded, "We are here."
    State witnesses: Larry English via a 4-hour deposition on 9/24/21.
    for more info see posts #187, 193, 194 & 198 here:
    and post #221 here:
    Trial continues on 11/12/21.

*Federal charges: *Travis James McMichael (34/now 35) & *Gregory Johns McMichael & *William “Roddie” Roderick Bryan, Jr. Next motions hearing on 11/19/21. Trial set to begin on 2/7/22.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.