GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former PD and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

As far as I know... the house under construction was not the scene of a crime.
Somewhat insulting to call the deceased by that moniker.
His name was Ahmaud Arbery.

The homeowner (B. English) has stated that nothing was taken that day and that the person in the nighttime videos did not appear to look like Ahmaud -- but was instead a figure with dreadlocks (short or long, I don't know) and full arm tattoos (sleeves).
The homeowner seemed distraught that people may even assume that the McMichaels' were shown any surveillance video owned by B. English.
As any decent person would be.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

As far as I know... the house under construction was not the scene of a crime.
Somewhat insulting to call the deceased by that moniker.
His name was Ahmaud Arbery.

The homeowner (B. English) has stated that nothing was taken that day and that the person in the nighttime videos did not appear to look like Ahmaud -- but was instead a figure with dreadlocks (short or long, I don't know) and full arm tattoos (sleeves).
The homeowner seemed distraught that people may even assume that the McMichaels' were shown any surveillance video owned by B. English.
As any decent person would be.

The homeowner is terrified. He has been victim to numerous death threats and the black Panthers camped outside his house.

But he previously told media that yes he had had 2500$ worth of stuff stolen in the recent rash of burglaries.

Arbery had of 3 shotgun blasts, two to his chest and one to his right wrist. No evidence of alcohol or drugs in his blood.

"As first reported by TMZ and the Associated Press Monday, the autopsy was conducted Feb. 24, the day after Arbery’s death, and found that he died from the two shotgun wounds to his chest.

One of the chest wounds was from left to right, the other appeared to have traveled upward, according to the report.

Blood tests for drugs and alcohol in Arbery’s system came back negative."
Autopsy finds Ahmaud Arbery was hit by 3 shotgun blasts

Weird. The links to the toxicology reports in that article are both to the blood alcohol tests, even though one says "toxicoloy report (drugs)." Anyone see the tox report for drugs anywhere?

Weird. The links to the toxicology reports in that article are both to the blood alcohol tests, even though one says "toxicoloy report (drugs)." Anyone see the tox report for drugs anywhere?
TMZ didn't mention the bullet wound in his right hand/wrist atea? Hmm wonder why not?

The homeowner is terrified. He has been victim to numerous death threats and the black Panthers camped outside his house.

But he previously told media that yes he had had 2500$ worth of stuff stolen in the recent rash of burglaries.
Can you post the quote where he said that? In every statement I have read he denies that adamently.

The only source I have seen that suggests he said he had fishing equipment stolen was the Daily Beast but it's included in a summary of the statement made by Barnhill, not English. He claims he never said that and the incident reports specifically state that nothing was ever taken. TIA.

It's not obvious at all that he's the guy from the CCTV footage from October/November of last year. That could very easily be someone else.
Like I said. It's what the accused BELIEVED at the moment that counts. And whether or not it was reasonable.

Can you post the quote where he said that? In every statement I have read he denies that adamently.

The only source I have seen that suggests he said he had fishing equipment stolen was the Daily Beast but it's included in a summary of the statement made by Barnhill, not English. He claims he never said that and the incident reports specifically state that nothing was ever taken. TIA.
Yes. Daily beast. I didn't see where he rebutted that. Do you have that info?

There was no recent "rash of burglaries".

IIRC it was posted earlier that, other than a January 1 report of a gun being stolen from a vehicle, there have been no police reports of burglaries in the neighbourhood and the home owner where fishing equipment was allegedly stolen did not file an insurance claim.

ETA: The Glynn County Police Department said Thursday that it had no reports involving burglaries or home break-ins in the Satilla Shores neighborhood between Jan. 1 and Feb. 23. However, local media reported that one burglary, an automobile burglary, was reported to police in the Satilla Shores neighborhood during that time.

TMZ didn't mention the bullet wound in his right hand/wrist atea? Hmm wonder why not?
Another poster said he was shot in the right palm. Maybe TMZ were referring to the shots that killed him? I haven't read the article.

Yes. Daily beast. I didn't see where he rebutted that. Do you have that info?
Well, I've posted the quotes a few times. The lawyers statement can be found in an article by WTOC 11 and the statement he made is in the Washington Post. All of his statements are consistent with what he said in the incident reports back in February which I just posted up thread.

The Daily Beast did not quote him as far as I can tell. They just summarized what Barnhill claimed. Imo

Like I said. It's what the accused BELIEVED at the moment that counts. And whether or not it was reasonable.
I would have no reason to think the McMichaels had ever seen video from previous incidents at the English site. What he BELIEVED was his interpretation of what he SAW - which was a guy at the site then leaving and running down the street.

That is indeed odd although I find much about the whole investigation odd. Too bad this case languished under the rug for so long. I would have loved to see toxicology on the accused, but I guess that ship has sailed.

Dear MsBetsy,

I found the video of Elizabeth Graddy stating that "Mr. English has been suffering from some pretty severe health problems." She speaks of this at the video time mark 4:42 :

Elizabeth Graddy, attorney for Larry English, joins
@ABCNewsLive
to discuss the Ahmaud Arbery case. https://abcn.ws/3cmwoXK

Video:
ABC News Live on Twitter
Thank you for posting that. She reiterated some of what she said before and added many more details.

In the video she states that the English family are concerned that the video will be used as some sort of 'false narrative' that would set up a justification for what the McMichaels did.

She said Mr English was working with bees when he got the alert that someone was in the house and he had honey all over his hands. When he was finally able to call a neighbor about the alert (not the McMichaels) the neighbor said, "he's been killed."

She also clarified, once again, that "nothing was ever taken from the property."

She also indicated that he was very distressed, and if something was taken, all he would want is for the police to be called, that he would never want deadly force to be used, he's been very clear about that.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members