GA - Alexa Brodak, 27, found deceased, Savannah, 8 July 2018

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Staci McCole, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Staci McCole

Staci McCole New Member

SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) - Police are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found Sunday afternoon near Yamacraw Village.

According to the Savannah Police Department (SPD), Alexa Brodak was found dead around 3:30 p.m. on W. Boundary Street near Cohen Street.

Around that time, about a mile away, SPD also responded to the scene of a shooting in Yamacraw Village. Witnesses say at least two people were shot.

At this time, police have not confirmed whether the two incidents were connected.

They also haven't said how Brodak died.

She worked as a waitress at the Cotton Exchange Tavern on River Street.

She leaves behind a two year old son.

Police say the investigation into Brodak’s death is ongoing.

2. Staci McCole

Staci McCole New Member

The body of a friend of my daughter's was found on July 8th, 2018 in Savannah, GA at W. Boundary Street near Cohen Street. A news report concerning the incident was aired on July 12th calling it a "death investigation". One more news report was aired with photos of Alexa and some additional personal information. I contacted the local TV station about a month later and they had no further updates. I spoke with the detective yesterday who is assigned to the case and was told the case was still under investigation. He was unable to tell me the nature of the death, whether or not it was self-inflicted, how the body was found, etc. What struck me as odd was several weeks ago I looked on the Savannah Police Department website and was able to pull the incident up on the interactive map but now it's gone. Just this evening I have requested a copy of the initial police report via email. I don't have much information right now but after scouring Alexa's Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for clues, my conclusions are still all over the place. Maybe by getting this out there I can find someone who may have information or assist in the investigation. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

3. Staci McCole

Staci McCole New Member

I have since obtained the initial police report when her body was found. Am I allowed to post it here?

tiffkinsadder and Gardenista like this.
  4. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Yes as long as you post a link to a website where it can be viewed

tiffkinsadder likes this.
  5. Magy

Magy New Member

Could you let us know what happened to her ?

6. Staci McCole

Staci McCole New Member

Unfortunately it's not a website. The department sent me a document via email.

7. Magy

Magy New Member

That is so sad

8. Whiskers16

Whiskers16 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Please send privately to myself or another mod to review if it can be posted here. TIA
    -Whiskers

dcole0105 and ilovematt like this.
  9. dcole0105

dcole0105 New Member

are you able to post the report? is there an update on her death?

10. dcole0105

dcole0105 New Member

has anyone found the cause of death?

11. Whiskers16

Whiskers16 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Sorry, I don't recall this specific document, but typically if we review a document and OK it we would post that on the thread. So I have to assume the document was not within TOS and could not be posted.

dcole0105 likes this.
  12. BlackandGrey

BlackandGrey New Member

If you are not allowed to post the police report - would you be able to explain some of what happened in your own words? A friend of Lexis from Maryland reaching out and lots of friends in Maryland curious as to what actually happened to her. TIA