GUILTY GA - Amber Whited, 22, Glynn Cty, 16 July 2013

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by JaxFlaGal, Jul 17, 2013.

1. CatFancier

CatFancier Former Member

2. Frostess

Frostess New Member

3. JaxFlaGal

JaxFlaGal Well-Known Member

For those not familiar with the area, if they're taking the body to the GBI Crime Lab, the coastal counties are covered by the crime lab in Savannah. May want to monitor Savannah news in addition to Brunswick/Jacksonville news for autopsy results.

Sorry if that sounds coarse, but I think we'll all be anxious to learn every scrap of info possible from the GBI work and autopsy to see what info's available to help find this woman's killer.

4. sadnpod

sadnpod Active Member

RIP pretty lady. I hope they find who did this to you.

5. sadnpod

sadnpod Active Member

6. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

If police found her, I suspect that they got a confession. If friends found her, maybe they just happened to be searching that area. Given to the condition of the vehicle and the appearance of that area, I am going to theorize that the vehicle was driven between rows of trees.

7. *LD*

*LD* Active Member

Arrest made. He murdered another person too.

From the Facebook page of The Brunswick News.

8. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Here's an article about the other incident:

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-07-20/story/waynesville-man-arrested-stabbing-death-man-wounding-woman

9. margarita25

Jeez, sounds like he has been on some kind of rampage?

The above article states the suspect knew the victim...

"Doering said investigators have a motive in the assault, but he declined to reveal it. He confirmed that Brasiel and the Jenkses knew each other.
    “This is not random. I’m comfortable saying that,’’ and there is no need for anyone in the neighborhood to be in fear, Doering said."

10. margarita25

uh, ok...

11. JaxFlaGal

Here's another article on the Jenks murder. I didn't locate a Websleuths thread on it so just adding a bit of info here: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/article/320609/3/Deadly-double-stabbing-in-Glynn-County
    and here
    http://www.wtoc.com/story/22887354/police-nab-suspect-in-glynn-co-murder
    and the Glynn County press release here:
    http://police.glynncounty-ga.org/fo...827_Murder_arrest_Raymond_Michael_Brasiel.pdf

So Amber goes missing on Tuesday lunchtime, her car is located Wednesday in downtown Brunswick, the Jenkses are stabbed (and Mr Jenks dies from the stabbing) on Friday. The news articles conflict whether that was at 3:30 AM or PM on Friday, but the police presser indicates it was 3:30 AM on Friday. The press release regarding Brasiel was on Friday 7/19 at 13:38 hours (their timestamps are noted here http://police.glynncounty-ga.org/ and match the timestamps embedded in the press release links). According to the first news article, police say Mr. and Mrs. Jenks knew Brasiel.

Also as of 18:08 today, the police presser regarding the woman's body was updated:
    http://police.glynncounty-ga.org/fo...cated_Bladen_Rd_and_99_arrest_forthcoming.pdf

12. mobeydick

mobeydick New Member

When I was reading about those killings in the paper I thought this guy was a killing spree!

13. JaxFlaGal

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...y-found-suspect-named-in-Amber-Whithed-murder

The police chief believes the body had been there since Tuesday.

14. Frostess

Frostess New Member

15. JaxFlaGal

Thanks for the link! Additional information from that article:

16. Frostess

Frostess New Member

My friend gave me the link. Now I feel like it's okay for me to say that a good friend of mine is the mom of one of Amber's close friends that has been searching for her non-stop. I was basically posting on her behalf since she doesn't have a WS account. Sorry that I couldn't say more but I didn't have insider privleges and I only posted what she was comfortable with everyone knowing and what she knew was public information in Amber's circle of friends.

17. blstarke

blstarke New Member

Wasn't there a mention of a hair cut on the last text message?

18. houndstooth

houndstooth Well-Known Member

It seems like LE was sandbagging. It's hard to believe they've been to his house on several occasions to question family members regarding the Jenks case and her body was so close to their house.

If the Jenks are neighbors, one of them may have noticed something themselves and raised questioned about it. That may be why he went over in the wee hours to kill these potential witnesses to her body being found.

With all that boondocks around, he brought her back to his own home.
    The guy must be freaking insane and wanted to go and check on her after her death.

I don't understand how she could have been literally right under their noses since the Friday arrest.

I'm going to hope she was found sooner than what they are announcing today.
    It's hard to think of the poor girl in those woods all that time.

Peace be upon her family.

19. houndstooth

houndstooth Well-Known Member

Yes. Now that you mention it. So they had texts with THIS guy, you think?

Edit to add: And then he broke his own cellphone thinking that would solve it?

20. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

Easy cause for confusion. One of her friends was planning to get a haircut. But that has nothing to do with this ***.