GUILTY GA - Anitra Gunn, 23, found deceased, Fort Valley, Peach County, 14 Feb 2020 *Sentenced: LWOP*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
The Fort Valley Police Department is searching for Anitra Gunn 23 (yoa), who was last seen on Feb. 14 at approximately 1130 am . Anitra was last seen in the Chestnut Hills rd area just outside Fort Valley on Friday , we are unsure of what she may have been wearing at the time. She is described as 5'07, 165 lbs., black hair and brown eyes.
Chief Lawrence Spurgeon stated, " we are asking that anyone with information about Anitras whereabouts call the police department at 478 825 3384. "
The Fort Valley Police Department is being assisted by The Peach County Sheriff's Department and The Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

86280624_3723005754391358_7948580345597657088_n.jpg

Fort Valley Department of Public Safety

Ft. Valley investigators and GBI searching for missing woman

The second link in the initial post has this important info in an update:

Ft. Valley investigators and GBI searching for missing woman

FORT VALLEY, Ga-- UPDATE-- Sheriff Deese of the Peach County Sheriff's Office has confirmed a car was found in connection to the disappearance of the woman. The Peach County Sheriff's Office is assisting with the Fort Valley Police Department in the search. . .

This update confirms the rumors I read on FB about the vehicle. I find it very troubling that her vehicle was found without Anitra, and I'm very worried about her being missing.

Fort Valley woman with ties to East Alabama missing since Feb. 14

23-year-old Anitra Gunn was last seen around 11:30 a.m. in the Chestnut Hills road area just outside Fort Valley. Her car was found hours later, but no sight of Gunn.
Fort Valley State University is deeply concerned about the well-being of our student Anitra Gunn and we are praying for her safe return. FVSU is working closely with the Fort Valley Police Department, which is investigating Anitra’s disappearance. Anitra is enrolled as a full-time student at FVSU as a senior Agriculture major,” the school said in a statement to News 3.

The family tells News 3’s Elizabeth White that Gunn has ties to the East Alabama area.

From this article: Helicopters join search for missing Georgia college student last seen on Valentine’s Day

"Over the weekend, Fort Valley police found Gunn’s car with its front bumper torn off. Gunn’s father told our ABC affiliate WGXA in Macon that his daughter’s wallet was found in her car and her phone had also been located."

This is very concerning. Was she in a car accident, became disoriented (maybe hit her head) and wandered off from her car? Was she in a car accident and a passerby came along who abducted her/caused her harm? Was this damage to her car caused by someone running her off the road?

Whatever happened, I'm very worried for her given these circumstances.

Also, I am curious how they know she was last seen at a particular area at 1130 AM Friday. They say they don't know what she was wearing. Was her car captured on traffic cam there and they could tell she was driving? Or did someone else say they saw her there?

Links to some articles from today. I live down from this area on that stretch of hwy about 15 minutes...… I saw this and posted about it on my fb yesterday, It took too long to get this search going

The dad had to drive down from ATL to fill out missing persons reports

The FV or Peach co officer said last seen 11:30 PM THURSDAY, I know the article said family was calling all day valentines day to speak to her and couldn't reach her, friends also tried and didn't reach her

Her car was found on the street/near her Boyfriends Aunt's house? NO ONE SAW IT and reported it? That's suspcicious

Front bumper is MISSING? One officer said whoever has the bumper knows what happened. They were searching for it ealier today.

BF is in the military, in Augusta. He was questioned, his home was searched, he is not in custody

Anyone that knows her at this time is considered a POI or suspect per the sheriff

Im gonna consider the BF a suspect if her car was near his Aunt's house where they were last seen together.

Search for Anitra was called off at 5pm, for the day

Gsp Helicopters were out... along with FVSU friends and students on the ground search

GBI called in and Peach County and FT Valley police are making this a joint effort

Timeline: The disappearance of Fort Valley State student Anitra Gunn

CORRECTION

BF Aunt lives on Chestnut Hill where Anitra was last seen

CAR was found on Belle St, downtown FT Valley

Links to some articles from today. I live down from this area on that stretch of hwy about 15 minutes...… I saw this and posted about it on my fb yesterday, It took too long to get this search going

The dad had to drive down from ATL to fill out missing persons reports

The FV or Peach co officer said last seen 11:30 PM THURSDAY, I know the article said family was calling all day valentines day to speak to her and couldn't reach her, friends also tried and didn't reach her

Her car was found on the street/near her Boyfriends Aunt's house? NO ONE SAW IT and reported it? That's suspcicious

Front bumper is MISSING? One officer said whoever has the bumper knows what happened. They were searching for it ealier today.

BF is in the military, in Augusta. He was questioned, his home was searched, he is not in custody

Anyone that knows her at this time is considered a POI or suspect per the sheriff

Im gonna consider the BF a suspect if her car was near his Aunt's house where they were last seen together.

Search for Anitra was called off at 5pm, for the day

Gsp Helicopters were out... along with FVSU friends and students on the ground search

GBI called in and Peach County and FT Valley police are making this a joint effort

Anitra Gunn Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Anitra Gunn, 23, hasn’t been seen since Valentine’s Day. Her family’s worried and is asking the community for help. She’s a full-time senior college student at Fort Valley State University in Fort Valley, Georgia. Here’s what we know so far about Anitra Gunn.

cc 10% WS/TOS

This is new
There is more info trickling in but cant report it here yet.

The following is in the Helicopter link:

One of the last people to see her, India King, told AJC.com that she drove her friend to a party Thursday night. However, King left the party early, so Gunn left the party with someone else.

She was last seen at 1:32 a.m. Friday, King said.
------------------------

earlier reports:

she had left the Aunt's house where she had been with her Boyfriend, according to Sheriff reports

not sure when or if he left to go back to Augusta, Military.

Peach County Sheriff on search for missing FVSU student

This article has a timeline of her disappearance, though there appears to be a discrepancy of when she was last seen - Thursday night or Friday morning.

Also, I’ve seen a few articles mention her father called her to wish her a happy Valentine’s Day on Friday morning, BUT my question is - Did he actually talk to her?!? Or did he leave her a message? Anyone see that info anywhere?

From the timeline article posted above:

"Gunn says the front bumper was damaged and the car was found in a neighbor’s yard."

You would not put your car in someone's yard unless you were not in your right mind/under the influence of something or someone was chasing you/in your car trying to attack you IMO.

I am curious what time this happened. If the neighbor was home, I can't imagine not hearing/seeing a car driving into your yard. So maybe they were gone, but if this happened during daylight hours, I would think someone nearby would have witnessed this happen or someone walking away from the car after. Maybe possibly even if this happened overnight, too.

I'm sure they're asking for home surveillance footage near this scene, and I'm hoping some neighbors have it.

I know this is an active investigation and certain things are being withheld. However, I'm wondering what party she attended. I'm very familiar with this area etc. There are not many venues in fortvalley so I'm wondering this was a house party.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back