GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by hlegate, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

The cops went to the local schools and looked for kids who were missing from school that morning and they found two that fit the description and I think they found the gun, but I am not sure about that part.

2. Paige SC

Paige SC New Member

I haven't heard LE state the parents have been named or ruled out as persons of interest. They are still investigating the motive. Hmmmm.

3. Softail

Softail Active Member

In the presser, they said the gun was not found.

4. tiredblondy

tiredblondy Well-Known Member

Soo sooo sad, I can honestly say if this was my second child lost like this to violence and I had no other children they might as well bury me with the baby!

5. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

To me it's somehow worse this way... I think I somehow usually even hope it's the parents... It's terrible to think of parents being able to hurt their children but a random street crime is more terrifying because it could happen to anyone, no matter how good parents they are. The children lose their lives tragically either way but if it's the parents I don't have to mourn their loss, just the child. If it's a stranger there are desperate bereaved parents who could not do anything to prevent their child's death, and also the killer's family has to deal with a horrible tragedy as well once he is arrested.

6. Pensfan

Pensfan Former Member

7. Tuffy

Tuffy Not really that tough...

Considering their ages, I wouldn't be surprised if they had talked. Especially the younger one.

8. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

9. alwaysonmymind

alwaysonmymind Well-Known Member

So sad for little Antonio, Mom and Dad.

And this should be a lesson to all truly innocent parents of murdered and missing children.

Don't do any interviews unless its with LE.

RIP sweet one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. necco

necco New Member

Not only that, but in the cases where the parents are involved, we can continue under the illusion that no ill could befall our child. We could not kill a child therefore, our child is safe. When it's someone unknown to the child, then it becomes far more real that it could happen to ANY child. Humans tend to like control over chaos.

11. Pensfan

Pensfan Former Member

Here's more info:

Glassey was killed with a steak knife in March 2008 during an attack involving several other teens on a dark street corner in Gloucester County, N.J., according to news reports from the time.

"He and some other boys were going to ambush a kid," Bernie Weisenfeld, a spokesman for the Gloucester County prosecutor's office, told the AP Friday.
    Glassey was armed with a knife, but the 17-year-old target of the attack was able to get the knife away from him "and Glassey ended up on the wrong end of the knife," Weisenfeld recalled.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/2...ed-in-stroller/?test=latestnews#ixzz2OIrDk4hW

12. TheFarSide

TheFarSide Member

I would come across cold in the event of almost any tragedy. I think my brain just shuts down and I take care of business until I can deal with it on my own. I was raised to believe that emotions are private and to always be stoic in public. It stuck with me, I guess.

What a tragedy for this baby and the loved ones. My heart goes out to all affected.

13. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

I keep seeing it referred to as "that morning" this just happens THIS morning, right? Why is it being said that way?

14. Paige SC

Paige SC New Member

This is an ongoing investigation.. Arrests have been made but there are plenty of unanswered questions. Although a minor is in custody, that shouldn't prevent LE from making a statement as to whether or not the parents have been ruled out as persons of interest. I'm not speculating either way, I'm just saying I don't think this is the ''end of the story''. Don't stop sleuthing just yet!

15. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

we are uncomfortable because, it seems to always be what someone who covers up a crime says.....remember Susan Smith

16. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

When you are a sudden victim in a crime, sometimes you just don't have time to think. I remember when I was mugged from behind, it took me I don't know how long to process what was going on. I kept thinking a friend a mine was joking around and I after I turned and was looking at the ***'s face I was thinking "who is this? Why is he joking with me? What is going on?"

17. necco

necco New Member

Pensfan, I read what happened. It's not inconsistent with the impression of what I thought the mother was saying. It sounded like she was saying he ambushed the kid who had wronged his friend somehow. To his mother, he died defending a woman. To LE, he jumped a guy and ended up dead. These ideas could BOTH be true.

18. Pensfan

Pensfan Former Member

I wasn't arguing with you. While googling, I found more info. and was sharing.

19. necco

necco New Member

Ah, thank you. Darn the internet and it's lack of non-verbal cues such as tone!

20. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

I think it happened yesterday morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.