GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by hlegate, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

The younger one will testify and be let off just fine. No worries there.

2. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

not buying Ms. Freeman's assertion. From the look at her son's FB page she

a) has not clue as to his activities or what he's been getting up to (for a LONG time)

or

b) She knows what her son does and simply does not have a problem with it.

Either way, she is not a credible witness in my view.

3. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

There won't be a trial. The shooter will cop a plea deal. 17 year olds are eligible for the death penalty in Georgia. This <mod snip> will cop a plea and suck off the tax payer for the next 60 years.

4. fran

fran Former Member

Ok Peeps. Enough!

It was one thing to be skeptical about the mom's initial story, and an entirely different situation AFTER a DOUBLE arrest and suspicion still abounds on this thread.

This isn't what Websleuths is about. We are a victim friendly website so PLEASE post accordingly.

This mom and her beloved husband are victims here. period.

Everyone may not agree with mom's actions that day, from not handing over her purse to picking her dying child up in her arms and giving him CPR. But geesh! How would any of us act?

My answer is I NEVER want to be in that position and I pray I or any of my loved ones ever has to find out how they would feel too.

Let's extend our condolences to this grieving family and community and offer our prayers for baby Antonio. An innocent child who was taken way too soon.

If you have any questions, please contact me or any of the other mods.

TIA for your cooperation,
    fran

5. Pensfan

Pensfan Former Member

I hope this post is not directed to my previous post. I thought it would be useful to know that one of the suspects has a relative who intends to give him an alibi. In other words, it isn't likely that he is going to plead guilty. There may be a trial.

6. CountryGirl

CountryGirl Active Member

Haven't read the whole thread but I imagine they did a GSR test on the mother.

7. alwaysonmymind

alwaysonmymind Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the Supreme Court abolished the death penalty for juveniles in 2005.

I could be wrong tho. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard any confirmation if the teen boys had previously had any contact with the mom and baby?

9. concernedmother

concernedmother Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that earlier. Mom said the other kid just kind of stood behind the older kid. He may not have expected what happened but he is probably booked on accessory at least. He is probably scared and singing like a canary on the other dude.

10. Tuffy

Tuffy Not really that tough...

I'm sure that mom will be second guessing herself about what she could have done differently. IMO a person that would shoot a baby in the face might have done so even if she handed him everything she had. :(

11. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

BBM, not if it's his brother. I do NOT know that it is, but I've wondered if it's possibly that these teens are brothers. The younger one might not rat out his older brother.

Again to reiterate, I have no information stating that they are brothers, but figure it is a possibility. Pure speculation.

12. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

Sheesh or you could be right, just checked the articles and they are pre 2005.

Regardless the kid is an idiot and will likely plea.

BTW the Supreme Court made a bad decision.

13. concernedmother

True. If he is a brother. If not his parents will tell him to tell everything to save his butt if he didnt do the actual shooting.

14. necco

necco New Member

Respectfully snipped
    It was actually an acceptable practice to administer CPR to infants in your arms at one point in time. Considering she had her first baby 20 years ago (which is also about when I was first certified in CPR with the in arm technique), she may have been trained then and not go through subsequent classes. They change the protocol every few years. They usually just change the ratios of compressions to breaths, but they've also changed how the baby should be situated.

After looking around a bit, it is still acceptable practice, especially for EMTs and Paramedics. Scoop and run.

15. Cracka*Jaxx

Cracka*Jaxx Well-Known Member

This is on Elkins' FB page. Does anyone know what, exactly, it means?

"ME IN MY *****"S A TURN UR BLO5K IN TO MURDER SCENE"

16. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

he aspired to murder someone?

eta: per my son that was a threat... not an admission
    his "****" talk knowledge
    FWIW... (a turn) means "gonna" turn

just his opinion

17. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Well-Known Member

I wonder how tough he's going to feel after several decades in a prison cell.
    If he manages to evade prison "justice" that long.

18. BFTnative

BFTnative Member

19. fran

fran Former Member

I posted a reminder of Websleuths victim friendly stance earlier today. There were some posts that were close to accusing the victim, but not quite. If your post outright accused the victim, it probably isn't here anymore.

All of my posts land at random UNLESS I've quoted a particular post in my post. If you feel I'm speaking to YOU, meaning anyone of you, perhaps you should review your posts and see if this is meant for you.

There has now been two arrests. Reading the more current news articles, it appears the mom, unknowingly at the time, id'd one of the suspects that was already in custody. Of course the suspects AND their family will say they're innocent. :rolleyes: Didn't you know that 99% of the convicts behind bars are innocent? I even hear that Scott Peterson's family is still working for his release. :jail:

Now, let's rally around the family and watch how the case progresses. This isn't even 48 hours old yet. LE has LOTS of work still to do and don't expext to find out all LE is doing behind the scenes. We've watched enough cases here on these pages to know that's not how LE rolls.

Thanks all!
    fran

:seeya:

PS. It is against TOS to discuss moderation in the open forum. If you have any questions, please contact me in a pm. fran

20. concernedmother

Probably wanted to murder someone, anyone. He thinks he is such a tough thud but I bet in prison he isnt going to feel so tough when the other inmates find out he shot a baby in the face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.