GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The myspace activity of DE appears to have ended in 2009 (as did most peoples with the advent of FB, twitter, tumbler, etc).

From the look of his page, he was very much trying to be a banger and at that point you can already see he and his friends do a lot of posturing and tough talk, flickin gang signs, talking about bloods, etc.

When you look at the Myspace and then the current FB of this kid, you can see the progression from wannabe banger, to actual banger, .

Its really very sad. SMH

ETA links I am referring to

http://www.myspace.com/lildelkinskill271600w/ this guy claims to be 21, but I do think it is indeed the right boy.

https://www.facebook.com/demarquise.elkins

Stop it now!

This thread isn't about anything except Antonio Santiago, 13 months old shot dead in his stroller on a Thursday morning in March, 2013.

There are two teenagers in custody and they're innocent until proven guilty. Therefore they're alleged shooters.

The accused shooter's families and the victim's family, are all victims of this crime as well. Please post accordingly.

It may be a good time for some posters to review the information provided at the below link.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I've already removed several posts from today so if you don't see your earlier post, please don't repost it.

Now let's keep the thread on topic, about sweet baby Antonio.

TIA for your cooperation,
fran

Stop it now!

This thread isn't about anything except Antonio Santiago, 13 months old shot dead in his stroller on a Thursday morning in March, 2013.

There are two teenagers in custody and they're innocent until proven guilty. Therefore they're alleged shooters.

The accused shooter's families and the victim's family, are all victims of this crime as well. Please post accordingly.

It may be a good time for some posters to review the information provided at the below link.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I've already removed several posts from today so if you don't see your earlier post, please don't repost it.

Now let's keep the thread on topic, about sweet baby Antonio.

TIA for your cooperation,
fran

The baby was heartbreakingly sweet. But apart from lamenting the shot to that beautiful face, I thought the thread was about the case. Sorry!

I take pains not to 'accuse' while raising valid questions that investigators themselves are still asking themselves--even with the suspects in custody. What they are repeatedly saying in the media is that this case is not over by any means--that they are searching for the weapon as well as the motive.

That's what my comments were directed toward.

While I grieve with any mom who's lost her baby in such a horrific manner (and I don't believe she shot him, certainly), I think it's valid to set aside emotions a bit and try not to make assumptions about absolute guilt OR absolute victimhood until all the facts are in. An arrest is not yet an indictment, either.

It's really important to have the murder weapon, and hopefully with the 3 search warrants executed today they are closer to finding that.

I agree that the two boys are innocent until proven guilty, I really hope that LE has the right guys.

A murder weapon is important, but not absolutely necessary IMO though. They could have gsr, or blood spatter evidence, cell phone pings etc.

the mayor pro tem, James Brooks, refers to community members praying that someone will come forward with information for the arrest of those two young men. It is at the 2:10 point and I took it as either a statement made prior to the arrests or an expression that any witnesses with info will come forward and share it with LE. He is talking about the effects on the community and how shocked everyone is.

I saw no one appealing for exoneration in that video clip MOO

http://www.news4jax.com/Brunswick-m...ddler/-/475982/19439744/-/wh3kmx/-/index.html

the mayor pro tem, James Brooks, refers to community members praying that someone will come forward with information for the arrest of those two young men. It is at the 2:10 point and I took it as either a statement made prior to the arrests or an expression that any witnesses with info will come forward and share it with LE. He is talking about the effects on the community and how shocked everyone is.

I saw no one appealing for exoneration in that video clip MOO

http://www.news4jax.com/Brunswick-m...ddler/-/475982/19439744/-/wh3kmx/-/index.html

That's what I saw as well, tlcya. He seems to be appealing for witnesses to the crime so justice can be done. I saw/heard nothing about wanting exoneration. In fact, everyone in the video seems to accept that these two kids could very likely be the killers.

At her apartment Saturday, West had filled several bags with her son's clothes and diapers to donate to charity. She said she hopes prosecutors pursue the death penalty in the case.

"My baby will never be back again," West said, sobbing. "He took an innocent life. I want his life, too."

from pensfan's link above

I think it important to remember that the community of Brunkswick and most people in this neighborhood are probably just as shocked and upset as many of us at the sheer heartlessness of what was done to this child and mother.

It is easy to look at the suspect's social networks and see some of his friends and family defending him and take away from that the misconception that this entire community thinks the teens are innocent. I am not seeing that at all.

I see a community that is just heartbroken that this has happened. I do not see a community divided. I see a few select people from within this community who choose to make their statements using the distance of the web all arguing and saying nasty hateful things back and forth at other people from afar who are saying hateful things on the web about the suspects.

They are not reflective of the actual community of Brunswick as a whole and I feel it is important to remember that although it appears some bad kids with a gun and gang affiliations did a terrible thing, the neighborhood seems to be supportive of LE's efforts to get to the bottom of what happened.

New info to me in this article, (though not necessarily definitive):

One caller reported hearing 3 gunshots.

On the 911 call, the operator is told the baby was shot "right between the eyes."
Oh, my... right between the eyes. It would be difficult to hit that mark as that area is so small in a baby. It's so lucky that the shooter somehow only shot mom in the leg and bruised her ear.

not for the baby or in my view the mom. There was nothing I would call lucky about this situation. MOO

What's the time stamp in the video for when they appeal for exoneration? I can't find it.

TIA

Listen to the audio, obviously it is after the arrest.

This has been a tough time for us, not only there is a baby that is dead and their family in mourning but WE have two CHILDREN that are also in mourning, their family is mourning.

Not only was a baby shot in the face and killed but THEIR COMMUNITY AND TWO CHILDREN (THE PERPS) ARE IN MOURNING! It has been a rough time for them and their community.

Apparently the two suspects are in mourning, no doubt due to the fact they were arrested.

I feel the comments are about the fact that the entire community is mourning the fact that a baby is dead and two other kids are in jail for the crime. That does not seem to me to be an out of line sentiment. It IS shocking, it IS a reason to mourn. One life gone, many more affected. All of it one monumental waste that did not need to be.

That is my view of the video footage being discussed.

Just dropped in to check on the case and I see that there are the accused and his aunt has conflicting stories. Story #1 the accused states that he was at school studing for his GED at the time of the murder and Story #2 his aunt is stating that he was 100% with her at the time of the murder. This is a problem right from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member