GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandmother of 15 yrs old speaks out.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst.../Family-says-15-year-old-is-not-a-baby-killer

"The grandmother further explained that the 15-year-old was simply outside in his yard when 17-year-old DE allegedly approached and forced him at gun point to go on a journey that would end in the shooting death of the 13-month-old."

This grandmother called First Coast News this morning and then later on in Brunswick they interviewed her. Watch the video.

BBM This doesn't make any sense. Why would DE do that? Force a total strange to go with him to rob someone? Why would he want a second person around (who could be a witness) if he were going to commit a crime? I don't believe that happened.

The people who are lying should be arrested and charged to the fullest! What a nightmare for law enforcement.

so lets see, young DL is just hangin out in his yard that morning, minding his own when suddenly, this boy DE runs up, pulls a gun on him and forces him to go with. DL, afraid, is witness to the bad boy DE [purposefully shooting a sleeping baby dead on in the face. They run, but he is still captive to DE :rolleyes:. Then DL, the hostage, flags down his own aunt to give the scary bad boy with a gun and himself a ride away from the crime scene. When DE gets out of the vehicle with his gun. DL not only does not tell his aunt about his near brush with death, he lies and claims he don't know DE. DL also denies any knowledge or involvement in the baby shooting incident.

Flash forward to LE at his door and suddenly he knows DE's name and further, he was forced at gunpoint by this bad boy DE who he does DOES know to participate in a robbery and the murder of Antonio.

Yeah, not many holes there. SMDH

And now - enter the lawyers.......................

This is from the AP - so.....take it FWIW

BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) — The lawyer for one of the Georgia teenagers suspected in the shooting death of a baby who was in his stroller on a walk with his mother said Monday his client is "absolutely" not guilty.

"My client is absolutely, 1,000-percent not guilty," public defender Kevin Gough, who represents 17-year-old De'Marquise Elkins, told The Associated Press. He made the comments Monday, while preparing for Elkins' first court appearance on a murder charge. It was scheduled for 2 p.m. Monday

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20130325/US--Baby.In.Stroller.Slain/

So he's 1000% NOT GUILTY. Yea right. And just what is he basing this statement on? I noticed he has also filed for a "speedy trial" - hhmmmm............
Maybe its just the public defender posturing for a plea?

All I have to say is "yea right".

JMHO

Is this lawyer planning to testify that he was in teh presence of Mr. Elkins the morning of the shooting?

Elkins mom is 100% sure he was at home at the time of the shooting.

Kevin Gough says his client DE is 10000% not guilty.

Some folks do love their percentages alright. Not sure they actually grasp how the concept works though.

You cannot make this stuff up.

MOO

Is this lawyer planning to testify that he was in teh presence of Mr. Elkins the morning of the shooting?

Elkins mom is 100% sure he was at home at the time of the shooting.

Kevin Gough says his client DE is 10000% not guilty.

Some folks do love their percentages alright. Not sure they actually grasp how the concept works though.

You cannot make this stuff up.

MOO

:floorlaugh:

Until I saw the photos of the young men, I thought oh no, could this be mistaken identity? Um, look at the younger one, no, no one would forget that kid's head.

And the fact that his grandma doesn't disagree - for a moment - that DL was there at the scene, it seems pretty obvious.

I am a local in this town. There are Victorian houses all the way down Union Street from Gloucester St to 4th street (South)

1 block west of Union are the Section 8 low income apartment housing, very close to the inter coastal waterway. East of Ellis Street is Dixville, and you definately do not go that way by mistake, it is also Section 8 Low income housing.

There is a lot of gang activity in our town as well as drugs. I have asked several agencies the reason for gangs and so many drugs for a small town and the answer is we are located between 2 large cities, Savannah Georgia and Jacksonville Florida.

This murder has scared our little town.

Hi, sega-sleuth--thanks for joining the thread and giving a local's perspective. So...if east of Ellis is the area known as Dixville, is the Post Office on Gloucester (point A on map) also in Dixville--what are the northern boundaries of that low-income area?

MAP-4PTS_zpsf99f58b2.png

Outside court Monday, Moses and L***s grandmother, Verdell Hunter, said L*** doesn't know Elkins. Hunter said her family doesn't know exactly what happened, but her grandson lives in the area and told her he was simply walking by when he saw Elkins.

"He's a victim," Hunter said. "He said that boy came up to him and said, 'I'm fixing to off you off. You a Mexican.' Because he had a hood on his head with the little thing in there. And my grandson said oh."

"My grandson is a victim," she added. "He could've been dead. The baby is a victim. The mother is a victim. My grandson is a victim. He's a victim."

Hunter said the killing is something her grandson would never be a part of, and his mother said he was merely a witness.

"My grandbaby ain't like that. He a baby, but he's not a baby killer," Hunter said. "So they need to get that straight. He's not a baby killer."

Kevin Gough, the Public Defender representing Elkins, and the teen's grandfather spoke at a news conference Monday.

"I have known Marquise since he was a little child. The Marquise we know, the Marquise we love would never do anything like this," Elkins' grandfather, McKinley Elkins, said.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Teens-...230/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/12e38kkz/-/index.html

I'd like to see a pic of the boys side by side. Because DE looks extremely short. I wonder if she was just going by height and DE is shorter than DL.

Just a thought. I could be wrong. I'm probably wrong. I'm just sick of one family saying "we was eating grits" and the other saying "he was forced at gunpoint". What freaking ever.

If you shoot a baby or hang out with someone that shoots a baby be prepared to rot in prison.

And I'm sick of hear the lies and excuses. If the family can't face facts, I believe they should have the decency to keep their mouths SHUT.

My opinion only

Thanks for the link [ETA to SAVE DE FB page] mrsu. It would be downright hilarious if there wasn't a dead baby involved. I am reading that page and all its praise for God and faith that God will save this poor innocent child and in my mind's eye, all I can see is DE's disgusting (now gone) FB page. Only thing there was bloods this, my Ns that, my money this and money that and lest we forget b*tches and hoes.

disgusting.

And I'm sick of hear the lies and excuses. If the family can't face facts, I believe they should have the decency to keep their mouths SHUT.

My opinion only

At the very least, it doesn't help their cause if they have conflicting alibis they make up.

At the very least, it doesn't help their cause if they have conflicting alibis they make up.

Thats what I thought too. If the one's grandmother and the other's attorney are going to give a joint press conference, they ought to get their stories straight. Seems to me the one is clearly implicating the other.

Well now I am 1000000% confused. Hopefully LE can read between the BS and
find the baby's killer/s! That should be all of our prayers. What a circus. And
I know no one wants their teenager to be a killer and / or go to prison for it.
I'm sure you'd be in denial about it and wish it were not true, but do you really
want that same teenager out free with the rest of your kids/ grandkids etc. if
YOUR lie got him off of a murder charge? Now YOU're responsible if he kills again.
:(

Thats what I thought too. If the one's grandmother and the other's attorney are going to give a joint press conference, they ought to get their stories straight. Seems to me the one is clearly implicating the other.

It takes brains to keep stories straight. I can see, from what I'm hearing, how these kids turned out the way they did, IF they are guilty, and it does appear . . .

My opinion only

the public defender for Elkins may want to consider making his FB page private as it is now being bandied about it the comment sections beneath news4jax articles.

What a mess.

I am really angry at these boys, I want them prosecuted to the fullest. But man, the hatred and the just awful, hateful, wrong things being said out there on the WWW - it just rabid. MOO

So glad I can discuss this case here with humans who know how to have a discussion.

If the 15 year old was in school where he should have been, I would believe he was not involved. Wonder what their excuse is for why he was not in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23