GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by hlegate, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

BBM This doesn't make any sense. Why would DE do that? Force a total strange to go with him to rob someone? Why would he want a second person around (who could be a witness) if he were going to commit a crime? I don't believe that happened.

2. Hickory Born

Hickory Born New Member

The people who are lying should be arrested and charged to the fullest! What a nightmare for law enforcement.

3. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

so lets see, young DL is just hangin out in his yard that morning, minding his own when suddenly, this boy DE runs up, pulls a gun on him and forces him to go with. DL, afraid, is witness to the bad boy DE [purposefully shooting a sleeping baby dead on in the face. They run, but he is still captive to DE :rolleyes:. Then DL, the hostage, flags down his own aunt to give the scary bad boy with a gun and himself a ride away from the crime scene. When DE gets out of the vehicle with his gun. DL not only does not tell his aunt about his near brush with death, he lies and claims he don't know DE. DL also denies any knowledge or involvement in the baby shooting incident.

Flash forward to LE at his door and suddenly he knows DE's name and further, he was forced at gunpoint by this bad boy DE who he does DOES know to participate in a robbery and the murder of Antonio.

Yeah, not many holes there. SMDH

4. Wise Old Owl

Wise Old Owl Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL

And now - enter the lawyers.......................

This is from the AP - so.....take it FWIW

BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) — The lawyer for one of the Georgia teenagers suspected in the shooting death of a baby who was in his stroller on a walk with his mother said Monday his client is "absolutely" not guilty.

"My client is absolutely, 1,000-percent not guilty," public defender Kevin Gough, who represents 17-year-old De'Marquise Elkins, told The Associated Press. He made the comments Monday, while preparing for Elkins' first court appearance on a murder charge. It was scheduled for 2 p.m. Monday

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20130325/US--Baby.In.Stroller.Slain/

So he's 1000% NOT GUILTY. Yea right. And just what is he basing this statement on? I noticed he has also filed for a "speedy trial" - hhmmmm............
    Maybe its just the public defender posturing for a plea?

All I have to say is "yea right".

JMHO

5. tlcya

Is this lawyer planning to testify that he was in teh presence of Mr. Elkins the morning of the shooting?

Elkins mom is 100% sure he was at home at the time of the shooting.

Kevin Gough says his client DE is 10000% not guilty.

Some folks do love their percentages alright. Not sure they actually grasp how the concept works though.

You cannot make this stuff up.

MOO

6. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

:floorlaugh:

7. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

Until I saw the photos of the young men, I thought oh no, could this be mistaken identity? Um, look at the younger one, no, no one would forget that kid's head.

And the fact that his grandma doesn't disagree - for a moment - that DL was there at the scene, it seems pretty obvious.

8. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

Hi, sega-sleuth--thanks for joining the thread and giving a local's perspective. So...if east of Ellis is the area known as Dixville, is the Post Office on Gloucester (point A on map) also in Dixville--what are the northern boundaries of that low-income area?

[​IMG]

9. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

10. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Teens-...230/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/12e38kkz/-/index.html

11. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

And I'm sick of hear the lies and excuses. If the family can't face facts, I believe they should have the decency to keep their mouths SHUT.

My opinion only

12. tlcya

Thanks for the link [ETA to SAVE DE FB page] mrsu. It would be downright hilarious if there wasn't a dead baby involved. I am reading that page and all its praise for God and faith that God will save this poor innocent child and in my mind's eye, all I can see is DE's disgusting (now gone) FB page. Only thing there was bloods this, my Ns that, my money this and money that and lest we forget b*tches and hoes.

disgusting.

13. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

At the very least, it doesn't help their cause if they have conflicting alibis they make up.

14. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

Thats what I thought too. If the one's grandmother and the other's attorney are going to give a joint press conference, they ought to get their stories straight. Seems to me the one is clearly implicating the other.

15. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

Well now I am 1000000% confused. Hopefully LE can read between the BS and
    find the baby's killer/s! That should be all of our prayers. What a circus. And
    I know no one wants their teenager to be a killer and / or go to prison for it.
    I'm sure you'd be in denial about it and wish it were not true, but do you really
    want that same teenager out free with the rest of your kids/ grandkids etc. if
    YOUR lie got him off of a murder charge? Now YOU're responsible if he kills again.
    :(

16. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

17. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

It takes brains to keep stories straight. I can see, from what I'm hearing, how these kids turned out the way they did, IF they are guilty, and it does appear . . .

My opinion only

18. tlcya

the public defender for Elkins may want to consider making his FB page private as it is now being bandied about it the comment sections beneath news4jax articles.

What a mess.

I am really angry at these boys, I want them prosecuted to the fullest. But man, the hatred and the just awful, hateful, wrong things being said out there on the WWW - it just rabid. MOO

So glad I can discuss this case here with humans who know how to have a discussion.

19. EGirl

EGirl #RockportStrong

20. LadyLuck

LadyLuck New Member

If the 15 year old was in school where he should have been, I would believe he was not involved. Wonder what their excuse is for why he was not in school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.