GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see how you can make these conclusion. Just because someone approached you, doesn't mean they approached you from the front. It could have been from the side. Also, in all likelyhood this suspect has a cell phone. Which means police could track where he was and at what time.

I'm pretty sure they will be checking out his cell phone at some point. I just like seeing what inferences I can come up with before reading stuff in the news.

She was walking down the street (westward). Yes, they could've approached her from the side street (Ellis). My point was, they didn't come up from behind, they were far from his home, and apparently in very close proximity to her home (just around the corner) when she was accosted. I find that unusual. People don't tend to get mugged in their own neighborhoods (at 9 AM in the morning, no less), but more often in less familiar neighborhoods or venues, after dark. Not posting conclusions about why they were there--just pointing out the map for a better visual of what happened where in this event.

Can I ask a dumb (non USA person) question? I thought 'Bloods' was a LA thing, is it a national gang, or did he just think 'Bloods' were his team, you know like the way you might follow a football team or something? Was he actually a gang member of an LA gang from GA or does he just think they're 'awesome'?

Don't tell me these street gangs have gone national (or god forbid international) like outlaw motorcycle clubs.....

They have been in South Florida since at least the 1980's when I was a kid. These gangs are everywhere. Crips, Bloods, Folk, Latin Kings etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I haven't seen it anywhere, here or the media but had mom ever seen or had contact with these boys before?

"Apparently, either he targeted me or I was just unfortunate," she said of her encounter with the gunman.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/23/us/georgia-baby-killed/?hpt=hp_t1

Why would she be targeted? Was there something they thought she had? Had they seen her before? Did she know them.. Had she seen them before?

ETA: I didn't realize his memorial service was yesterday. So sad. Was there no autopsy done? He was already cremated? I haven't seen anything about an autopsy, but surely the results aren't back already, right?

A private memorial service was held Friday morning for young Antonio Santiago, who was cremated, according to West. She said the family is working with the Catholic relief organization Society of St. Vincent de Paul to help with unforeseen expenses.

Can I ask a dumb (non USA person) question? I thought 'Bloods' was a LA thing, is it a national gang, or did he just think 'Bloods' were his team, you know like the way you might follow a football team or something? Was he actually a gang member of an LA gang from GA or does he just think they're 'awesome'?

Don't tell me these street gangs have gone national (or god forbid international) like outlaw motorcycle clubs.....

Here is a little more on the bloods. They did originate in LA in the 1970s

Bloods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mom stated that she couldn't have it removed because it would affect the ligaments in her knee. That is physiologically impossible though. There are no ligaments or tendons where the mom was shot. She shows the entrance wound on the uncut interview video.

It might be near a nerve or blood vessels and this was why the surgeon suggested she should not have it removed. (Many people live long and healthy lives with bullets lodged in them. She was shot with a small caliber bullet too. )

Pensfan
verified old nurse

Pensfan, my guess is no insurance! During the interview she said the doctors also told her that there was increased risk of infection with removal of the bullett. The way this RN sees it, docs saw she can hobble around with it in place, she doesn't have insurance, so it's not a real emergency!

A couple of observations on this story:

1) The alleged shooter was very much involved in the '' life as seen by his FB page. He had photos of himself flashing gang signs and his English language usage consisted of gutter grammar (eg. 'yo hoes yall get down with dat chit'). It is a sad reminder that sometimes nature wins out in nature versus nurture.

2) I have seen forums on CNN and assorted news media sites as well as Websleuths with THOUSANDS of responses. Unlike so many other tragic stories of babies being killed, not ONE SINGLE person ever mentioned wanting to, or organizing, a fund for the family. I wanted to donate but one hasn't been set up.

Words are so very cheap. If each person out of the 21000 comments on CNN sent Sherry one single dollar, she'd be much better off.

As a male, we're not supposed to cry you know but looking at little Antonio almost made me weep. Such a beautiful child.

1) The alleged shooter was very much involved in the '' life as seen by his FB page. He had photos of himself flashing gang signs and his English language usage consisted of gutter grammar (eg. 'yo hoes yall get down with dat chit'). It is a sad reminder that sometimes nature wins out in nature versus nurture.

2) I have seen forums on CNN and assorted news media sites as well as Websleuths with THOUSANDS of responses. Unlike so many other tragic stories of babies being killed, not ONE SINGLE person ever mentioned wanting to, or organizing, a fund for the family. I wanted to donate but one hasn't been set up.

Words are so very cheap. If each person out of the 21000 comments on CNN sent Sherry one single dollar, she'd be much better off.

As a male, we're not supposed to cry you know but looking at little Antonio almost made me weep. Such a beautiful child.

From the CNN article I linjed above: She said the family is working with the Catholic relief organization Society of St. Vincent de Paul to help with unforeseen expenses.

It sounds like she has already reached out to charitable organizations for financial assistance, I believe she stated in one interview that she receives disability assistance as well.

What would donated money be allocated towards? Are you thinking a memorial or scholarship fund for Antonio? I'm sure you could contact some organizations that could assist you in starting one if you felt so inclined.

It's okay for men to cry, anyone who says otherwise isn't a real man.

She is working with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. You could contact them if you'd like to donate funds.

The men I know cry. And this would make them sob.

ETA Looks like we were typing at the same time, iamnotagolem.

Did anyone find the article stating that De'Marquise's "other aunt" (not KF) took him someplace, thought he was acting odd, and called the police? Where did you find that info? tia

Not DE's aunt, the aunt of the 14 year old.
"When he got in the car, he laid down in the backseat," said Obley. "He kept looking around, peeping up and I said, 'Boy, what you doing? You skipping school?' You know, he said 'No ma'am.'"
http://www.news4jax.com/news/Brunsw...-/format/rss_2.0/item/1/-/v3a48m/-/index.html

I'm in Nebraska, the midwest. Those same gangs have been here, too, for decades. Plus more. We have the "X" St. Bloods, and the "Y" St. Bloods. Don't know if they work together...probably back each other up sometimes since they are affilicated. Same with the Crips, Latino gangs racist gangs, etc.. Some associated with specific high schools.

I'm just checking the thread. Does anyone think that the mother shot her baby and herself? Could this be D8ane Downes Jr who is kin to Susan Smith?

These boys may be guilty as sin but...Why in the world was that baby cremated so quickly? A thorough investigation needs to be done. I believe in the criminal justice system and those boys should have a right to do their own tests, etc. How can that be done if the baby has already been cremated? IMO, there are still too many unanswered questions in this case. And why has the mother already gotten rid of all of the babies things?

These boys may be guilty as sin but...Why in the world was that baby cremated so quickly? A thorough investigation needs to be done. I believe in the criminal justice system and those boys should have a right to do their own tests, etc. How can that be done if the baby has already been cremated? IMO, there are still too many unanswered questions in this case. And why has the mother already gotten rid of all of the babies things?

I've seen quicker turnaround times in murder/manslaughter cases. The couple on Long Island that were killed by a hit and run driver earlier this month were buried the same day. If they have cause of death and ballistic trajectories, what else do they need?

This isn't rhetorical, I am curious what else they could possibly need, it seems straight forward to me but maybe I'm missing something.

Hmmm. Personally, I'm leery of anyone who presses for donations based on how adorable that baby was and my early outrage about the case...that feels a bit like emotional blackmail, to me at least.

Words are cheap, but donations can sometimes go awry at the outset of a case when the facts are still scrambled. Back when her son was killed in NJ, the Parent Teacher Organization there passed a motion to donate $250 to Sherry's family two days after he died. Within days LE announced that the alleged perp was actually the intended victim, and the stabbed victim the original knife-wielder. I can imagine there were some conflicting feelings as a result.

http://www.wdeptford.k12.nj.us/high_school/PTO/Minutes March 13, 08.htm

I think people have generally an outpouring of generosity in tragedies, but I'm thinking that wise giving also waits at least a week or two to see better what the situation is. IMHO.

I've seen quicker turnaround times in murder/manslaughter cases. The couple on Long Island that were killed by a hit and run driver earlier this month were buried the same day. If they have cause of death and ballistic trajectories, what else do they need?

This isn't rhetorical, I am curious what else they could possibly need, it seems straight forward to me but maybe I'm missing something.

ITA. If accused perp had a right to do the autopsy, how would that go with cases where the perp isn't found right away, sometimes for years and years?
Would the family not able to bury the victim-ever? I don't think so.
I am sure autopsy was done on the infant since he died a violent death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain