GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my understanding the 2 boys went to the house of the aunt's mother. That is where DE got in the car, hid in the backseat and the aunt took him somewhere.

It has been reported that DL, the 15 yr old, lived near the scene of the shooting. Do I dare guess that he lived with the aunt's mother? Could the aunt's mother possibly be the grandmother that was soooo verbal on TV today? IDK

That sounds vague but familiar...I'll have to dig up the articles on what the aunt said again. I'm wondering if she mentioned how they got to the house of the aunt's mother (sounds like grandmother to me...??).

A possible scenario could be (if getaway car used) that the driver drove the two back to the aunt's mother's house, dropped the two off, and then 15 -yr old was 'convinced' by DE to have his aunt drive them a ways to drop off DL closer to home. But when the aunt got suspicious, DE bailed out early.

Off to do some name/addy sleuthing...

If the mom shows up on a national news show, I would not judge...she has suffered the loss of 2 children to violence, it's almost unimaginable...I can't put myself in her place, & she's probably still reeling from the recent events....I try to also place myself in the place of the family of the shooters', but I can't muster up any sympathy, they made the decision to target an infant in a stroller, there is no way that can be explained away....

from the brunswick news PDF

Glynn County investigators and Glynn County Sheriff's deputies combined efforts late thursday afternoon and followed a promising lead that led to the arrest of the two youths.

Information given to county police was "that a particular person drove another person away from the area of the murder within the approximate time after the shooting" Doering said.

Brunswick police public information officer, Lt. Todd Rhodes said the anonymous tip was that someone was crouched in the back seat of a vehicle as it pulled away from the vicinity of the crime scene.

Investigators worked overnight following up on more information that led them to the home of the 14 year old suspect [15 year old] around 5 a.m. Friday, Doering said.

After questioning him, evaluating evidence and questioning several others, police felt they had the evidence they needed to arrest the 14 year old [15] and Elkins.

"the immediacy in following up on the lead was paramount in identifying the offender and evidence." Doering said.

The evidence also allowed investigators to identify other witnesses and execute multiple search warrants, he said.

"We know who fired the shot, specifically how, where and when the murder occurred and the role each offender played," Doering said "there remains much to be done."
Investigators worked overnight following up on leads

excerpt from the Brunswick News/Monday, March 25, 2013 article titled "Infant: Mother no longer feels safe, plans to move"

PDF linked here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9FxYwU9qcyId1ByU3FaU3pKMVU/edit

Cross racial identification can be problematic. Countless studies have shown this. It makes perfect sense. If there are lots of things different about another person, those get noticed first, leaving less time to assess and categorize the more subtle nuances of a persons face. It works across all ethnicities.

And honestly, if you think about it, it works for the animal kingdom as well. Penguins all look the same to me, but they mate for life so obviously THEY can tell each other apart. Obviously, this is an extreme example to make a point, but the cross-race effect is well documented and is not a symptom of racism, just information processing.

Here's some information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-race_effect

I tend to think its more simple than that PIM. I hear hoofs I think horses not zebras. I believe it will turn up that Aunt O's mother's house will be right in the neighborhood, within a few blocks of the crime scene.

They run after the shooting, end up bumping into Aunt O at her mother's and ask for a ride, they cannot tell her "hey, don't drive THAT way" without calling further attention so Aunt O drives right past the crime scene, now littered with witnesses who have come out to see what is going on, emergency crews are arriving, etc. and DL, in the back seat, crouches down.

I also think you could be right about Aunt's mom being grandma to DE Hickory Born. That is where I was leaning as well.

If that is true and grandma is Aunt O's mom I would hate to hear their conversation. Actually I'd rather be a fly on the wall now that I think of it.

On the local news news4jax this evening they had picture of DL.

Not sure if this has been posted.

And DL does look young, much younger than DE, IMO. I can't tell how tall he is but, face alone, I can see why SW thought he was younger.

hey PIM, before its too late can you go back to your post 52 and edit out the younger teens name? You quoted one of mine where I did not catch it. I am off to find my original post and fix it too.

Thanks ever so much.

It has been reported that DL, the 15 yr old, lived near the scene of the shooting. Do I dare guess that he lived with the aunt's mother? Could the aunt's mother possibly be the grandmother that was soooo verbal on TV today? IDK

It'd be my guess; both his parents are in prison, and it's not unusual to have multi-generational living situations in public housing quarters.

hey PIM, before its too late can you go back to your post 52 and edit out the younger teens name? You quoted one of mine where I did not catch it. I am off to find my original post and fix it too.

Thanks ever so much.

Will do, tlcya!

And DL does look young, much younger than DE, IMO. I can't tell how tall he is but, face alone, I can see why SW thought he was younger.

yes. He looks young to me as well. In video clips DL is standing before the judge with adult males around him and he appears to be much shorter than they, coming up to their shoulders.

I have heard a couple of times that DL's parents are incarcerated, but I don't recall where that is sourced. Was it MSM? Not demanding a link, just curious, because I seem to know this information too but can't remember why I know it or where it came from.

I really wish she wouldn't do appear on Piers. It's so soon....emotions are really running high. I'm worried about the integrity of the investigation, but mostly worried about the safety of all involved.

I have thought this all along--that this mother has NO ONE in her immediate vicinity watching out for her best interests. A lot of times in a violent crime against a family member/child disappearance there will be a 'family spokesperson' giving media interviews. And one reason I think this is a good thing is that a parent in this situation, who may be medicated and is *certainly* traumatized is in no rational state to be talking to anyone, let alone the media. I don't think she's necessarily the sharpest or most educated tool in the shed, and I don't think she's in a real rational place at the moment. It would be nice if the media would respect that and not exploit her grief for sake of an audience, but we all know that won't happen so that's normally where friends/family step in and act as a buffer.

It's just so sad, and she's just basically a stream of wounded consciousness at the moment, if you know what I mean. :(

I tend to think its more simple than that PIM. I hear hoofs I think horses not zebras. I believe it will turn up that Aunt O's mother's house will be right in the neighborhood, within a few blocks of the crime scene.

They run after the shooting, end up bumping into Aunt O at her mother's and ask for a ride, they cannot tell her "hey, don't drive THAT way" without calling further attention so Aunt O drives right past the crime scene, now littered with witnesses who have come out to see what is going on, emergency crews are arriving, etc. and DL, in the back seat, crouches down.

I also think you could be right about Aunt's mom being grandma to DE Hickory Born. That is where I was leaning as well.

If that is true and grandma is Aunt O's mom I would hate to hear their conversation. Actually I'd rather be a fly on the wall now that I think of it.

Me, too.

And odds are, you're right...I just have this 'thoroughness' compulsion that makes me check out all the possible scenarios that fly into my head. :eek:

I have heard a couple of times that DL's parents are incarcerated, but I don't recall where that is sourced. Was it MSM? Not demanding a link, just curious, because I seem to know this information too but can't remember why I know it or where it came from.

Brunswick News Facebook Page. (Does that count as MSM, lol?)

I have thought this all along--that this mother has NO ONE in her immediate vicinity watching out for her best interests. A lot of times in a violent crime against a family member/child disappearance there will be a 'family spokesperson' giving media interviews. And one reason I think this is a good thing is that a parent in this situation, who may be medicated and is *certainly* traumatized is in no rational state to be talking to anyone, let alone the media. I don't think she's necessarily the sharpest or most educated tool in the shed, and I don't think she's in a real rational place at the moment. It would be nice if the media would respect that and not exploit her grief for sake of an audience, but we all know that won't happen so that's normally where friends/family step in and act as a buffer.

It's just so sad, and she's just basically a stream of wounded consciousness at the moment, if you know what I mean. :(

I had not thought of this before but your post made me wonder if other people in the community are AFRAID to get involved being a spokesperson because they know the possibility of others retaliating against them.

I watched CNN and she did a good job IMO. When she said she didn't realize she had been shot in the leg it reminded me of when President Reagan was shot and he didn't realize it.

Me, too.

And odds are, you're right...I just have this 'thoroughness' compulsion that makes me check out all the possible scenarios that fly into my head. :eek:

one of several qualities I am finding admirable in you PIM ;)

Cross racial identification can be problematic. Countless studies have shown this. It makes perfect sense. If there are lots of things different about another person, those get noticed first, leaving less time to assess and categorize the more subtle nuances of a persons face. It works across all ethnicities.

And honestly, if you think about it, it works for the animal kingdom as well. Penguins all look the same to me, but they mate for life so obviously THEY can tell each other apart. Obviously, this is an extreme example to make a point, but the cross-race effect is well documented and is not a symptom of racism, just information processing.

Here's some information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-race_effect

Identification is problematic period. Eyewitness ID isn't always reliable.
But I really don't think her ID is what police is going on here.
Because the of what the younger one told police, apparently, the older one was picked up even before mother was able to ID him.
And there is no problem with cross racial identification between younger and older suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288