GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #3

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Salem, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Hickory Born

Hickory Born New Member

2. MissSunshine

MissSunshine Active Member

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst...baby-killers-mother-and-sister-remain-in-jail

3. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Savannah crime lab has not completed its analysis of the gun believed to be the murder weapon found in a saltwater pond and a bullet retrieved from Santiago's body.

The saltwater damage to the gun appears to be minimal, Doering said. Police hope to have the results of the investigation within 30 days, though it may take longer since multiple examinations are being completed.

Doering also said he could not comment on whether relatives who have been charged with witness tampering were the ones who lead police to the gun.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst...eens-to-be-tried-as-adults-in-toddlers-murder

4. noZme

noZme Well-Known Member

There are good people & bad people everywhere. I am sorry for your community getting bad press. Brunswick is a pretty town.

5. Hickory Born

Hickory Born New Member

I decided I should not post the link.

6. TheDuchess

TheDuchess Well-Known Member

New Black Panthers??? Really??? This is just sick!!! So basically, because the accused are black, they are there to support them??? What about the poor little baby?? There is no rush to judgement against these boys! The boys' lawyers have requested a speedy trial! They will have their day in court.

I just hope people realize that this group is NOT there to "help" anyone, but rather to create a divide within the community. I would imagine that the black population in Brunswick are just as outraged as the rest of the community and don't want this group representing them.

This is not a racial issue. This is a horrific crime issue. An innocent baby was murdered in broad daylight in cold blood. LE feels they have their perps and have arrested those who will provide false alibis, obstruct justice and hide murder weapons.

I pray for this community. Whenever I see the NBPs enter the picture-it's NEVER good. I hope they are run out of town!!!

7. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

I am glad Minister Adkins told them they needed to leave and that they had no business inserting themselves into this mess. He pretty much told them what you said, Duchess, that they wanted their five minutes in front of the camera at the expense of the community of Brunswick.

8. stmarysmead

stmarysmead Well-Known Member

Why are they even tolerated? They are a hate group like the KKK. Why treat them like they are anything different? And why were they allowed to intimidate people in front of a polling place and have the charges dismissed?

They will not be "run out of town." They are afforded special protection for their actions. Look away. Nothing to see here.

9. Wise Old Owl

Wise Old Owl Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL

Well, guess I was wrong - its going to take more time to analyze the ballistics. (I still think they have preliminary results back and are keeping those very close to the vest).

Lord I hope calmer heads prevail in this small town and no one else gets hurt.

As for the NBP's "inserting" themselves into this - all I have to say is :puke: They are not wanted nor needed. They will just serve to bat at the hornet's nest.

JMHO

10. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

What's the rush? Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that the suspect is accused of shooting one man and then killing a baby less than 2 weeks later has something to do with the rush.
    But by all means, lets leave him on the street.
    :furious:

11. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

I'd say. That's extremely bizarre to say the least. Tying hands is going to make it very hard to kill oneself with a gun. Add to that they did not find a gun. What kind of suicide is that?

12. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

It's weirder than that, even. His official cause of death was drowning apparently.

13. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

Sounds like a suicide that could not have happened as a suicide, but was rather a murder. The gun would've dropped onto the pier or into the water along with him after he shot himself.

Somebody's not on the up and up, here.

14. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

Sounds like the drowning killed him before the bullet did. I'd be outraged at the ME's report if I were his family.

15. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

Those Gov jobs are scary.

16. Elley Mae

17. Marina2

Marina2 New Member

18. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

Notice how the news caster refers to the Black Panthers as an "activist group".

<modsnip>

19. Tuffy

Tuffy Not really that tough...

I think the newscaster calling the New Black Panthers an "activist group" is being too kind. Like the pastor said, they show up looking for trouble and/or attention.

There is no reason to believe that the perps were taken into custody without enough evidence to do so. The NBP are concerned that the police have acted too quickly? Really? How much more do they need to act? If the police hadn't acted on what they have now, I'd consider it negligent.

20. Elley Mae

Hard to say what news will get most of the attention, Antonio's senseless murder or the cheating scandal in atlanta, 35 educators about to hit the unemployment line.