GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #3

There is a photo of the NBPs with 214 comments that was posted about 16 hrs ago on the Execute Demarquis Elkins Facebook page.

I didn't read all the comments.
The South Poverty Law Center classifies the NBP as a hate group (http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/new-black-panther-party) - that is all I need to know about them. I think they like to insert themselves into situations to gain publicity for themselves, just like a notorious church group does.

For groups like these, the less attention paid to them, the better.

I don't get the daughter either. By claiming her mother has mental health issues, she seemed to have opened the door for defense lawyer to ask for mental health records. If she had any sort of suspicions (however baseless) then contact the police. Why tell it to the press?
How is that going to help get justice for her little brother?

I agree.

And I don't see how her mental health has anything to do with the case anyway. She's the victim not the criminal. Maybe to discredit her statements and picking DE from the lineup. But IMO they have SO MUCH more evidence than that it won't even matter.

It baffles my mind.

JMO

Brooks attorney says : “Well of course he's feeling rather distraught. He hoped that after a year maybe this thing would die down a little bit,” said Tucker.

Yeah, he wanted it to die down so he could continue breaking the law!

How much money do Brunswick Commissioners make? This man should be taken off the payroll right NOW!

Thinking of little Antonio today, and his mom and dad. Wondering if they had his Easter basket already? Hoping his mom and dad find peace.

Plenty seem to be 'rallying' for the accused baby shooters.... When and where will folks 'rally' for little Antonio?

Just sad.

We are going to rally for little Antonio right here. Right here. And we are not going to be distracted by all the noise and any excuses. We are going to stay focused and support those that bring justice for this sweet baby.

Salem

Brunswick city commissioner released from jail

WOODBINE, Ga. -- The Brunswick city leaders had to post bond twice in one week stemming from two separate cases.

James Brooks had little to say Monday night following his release on $10,000 bond at the Camden County jail.

According to Tucker, Brooks will face a jury trial for the racketeering charges in Camden County May 20.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...eleased-from-jail/ntWf__xhSE-AGG3v9EFsEg.cspx

I wonder if they will live stream the meeting? I wonder if the commission understands that this crime touches many outside the boundaries of Brunswick?

I'll try to keep an eye out for any local news that might live stream.

Salem

[video=youtube;wVYgy6ykOcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYgy6ykOcw[/video]

I wonder if they will live stream the meeting? I wonder if the commission understands that this crime touches many outside the boundaries of Brunswick?

I'll try to keep an eye out for any local news that might live stream.

Salem

Salem, I feel for certain the commissioners understand this crime touches many, but not for the same reasons we talk about on WS.

"Tourism—nourished by the area's climate, beaches, golf resorts, and history—is the single largest industry in Brunswick and Glynn County."

http://www.newgeorgiaencyclopedia.org/nge/Article.jsp?id=h-850

There are 3 islands outside Brunswick (Sea Island, St. Simons Island, & Jekyll Island) where millions of vacationers visit. In order to reach one of the islands you have to go through Brunswick.

As a visitor to one of these island for the past 30+ years, I have gone to play performances in downtown Brunswick, shopped their antique stores & art galleries, and purchased fresh local shrimp from their City Market.

I have noticed a decline in the downtown area in the past 5 years. Brunswick shops downtown have closed and Golden Isles Parkway (Spur 25) has become the major retail area.

Thank you for keeping an eye out for a live-stream of the meeting, I will do likewise.

Here is the tourism site for that area. Note that this coming Friday night is "First Friday" an event held in downtown Brunswick.

http://www.facebook.com/GoldenIslesGeorgia?ref=ts&fref=ts

Yes, Hickory Born, First Friday was an event to get more people back into the downtown area. It will be interesting to see if there is a difference in attendance now, as I am sure there will be.

On SSI, there is Jazz in the park at Neptune park, village area that has been a huge success and safer for locals and tourist to go to. I am not sure if many people go near the downtown area much anymore, except to go to the Shrimp Markets.

While in Tampa this weekend, over heard a couple in a restaurant discussing this case.

Teen's lawyer raises doubts about tipster
http://www.news4jax.com/news/Teen-s...pster/-/475880/19575674/-/ewgvnp/-/index.html

Gough suggests Obley was more than a concerned citizen, but may have been involved in a possible murder-for-hire or insurance fraud.

This just get crazier and crazier....

I'm just so curious. What is he getting at, here? I've got a pretty flexible mind, but I really can't quite understand what he's saying here.

That somehow, Obley got the gun used in the crime to DE's relatives, and they then took the gun to some saltwater pond to get rid of it. Even though DE had nothing to do with any murder. Meanwhile, DE really has no convincing alibi for where he was and his family has clearly lied but under duress were able to tell what they did with the gun used in the crime.

And the mother hired a hit, involved Obley somehow, who implicated her grand nephew and a complete stranger boy who just so happen to look very similar to the actual hitmen hired by both West and Obley.

Is that what he's trying to suggest?

Article selections below, BBM.

The way I'm reading it, it sounds as though the boy's attorney is trying to suggest DL's aunt is trying to act 'good citizen' (by tipping LE to Elkins) though she herself may be part of an insurance fraud/murder for hire scheme.

Could it be he is suggesting (between the lines) that Obley has implicated Elkins in order to distract attention from her own (and Lang's) involvement in this?

One thing I do remember is that LE has consistently refused to answer the question of whether or not West knew her attackers; it would seem apparent that they think that question is irrelevant, regardless of the answer. But it seems to me that the suspect's attorney may be trying to demand access to the info LE has about "all the material witnesses" to support or deny that. Possibly because of what his client has been telling him (true or not, of course)....

In all this crazy muddle, I still do think the baby was specifically targeted (for whatever reason) due to the way he was shot--execution-style, between the eyes. JMO.

The defense attorney for a 17-year-old accused of killing a Brunswick toddler filed a motion suggesting the murder was not a random act of violence, implying that a key witness in the case was somehow involved.
Kevin Gough, attorney for De'Marquise Elkins, filed a motion asking for "disclosure of any and all 'deals' made with material witnesses ... and known associates of Debra Obley," the great aunt of the second defendant: 15-year-old Dominique Lang.
[…]
In his motion, Gough suggests Obley was more than a concerned citizen, but may have been involved in a possible murder-for-hire or insurance fraud.
[…]
"Very scary that it could be a target murder on my son, and I think they actually tried to kill me, too," Sherry West, Santiago's mother, said Wednesday. "And I believed from the beginning it was not random, just for money."
West said she does not know Obley and that there was very little insurance on her child. West is still recovering and says she is worried about an upcoming bond hearing for those charged in this case. She said cards have come in from across the country, and she is thankful for the support.
[…]
Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering said there could be more arrests, depending where the evidence leads investigators. He said more physical evidence was collected and ballistics tests would be conducted on the gun, but due to saltwater damage that could take 30-45 days to complete.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Teen-s...pster/-/475880/19575674/-/ewgvnp/-/index.html

yep, seems the attorney is trying to imply that DL and Obley were the ones responsible for Antonio's shooting and that it may have been some sort of murder for hire in order for parents to cash in on life insurance on the baby.

Based on the known facts, in order for this to be possible, Sherry West would need to have purposefully have misidentified DE who was not involved and DL who was (identified the person she or her husband hired to kill the baby as the shooter's accomplice???) AND the Ekins women would have had to dump a weapon that just so happens to be the right caliber as the murder weapon but be a completely other weapon than the murder weapon.

And then there is still DE's apparent lack of actual alibi as the ones provided by said gun dumpers were proven false.

Mr. Gough is puling out all the stops and attacking this from all angles. that is clear. His mental health records, mis-identification motion is still outstanding, waiting to be heard I think and now this new motion which would seem to suggest no "mis-identification" but rather purposeful identification of an innocent man and suggestions of murder for hire plots.

This guy may not have much to work with but he is working what he can. Gotta give him that.

did you guys read the motion? pretty interesting stuff he dug up on the aunt.
burglary of a church and welfare (housing) fraud.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back