GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 20-30, 178UMGA, hit by car on I-75, Virgo tattoo, Jul'95 - Steven Shelton

Thank you! I do not follow his case; we have been trying to edit as people have commented to let us know the facts were wrong. I'll let you guys & gals work on it then will edit it to reflect what you find out. I do know that people that commented felt he was in a gang & that his tats were all cover ups of the gang related tats.

No worries at all. Thank you for what you do! I hope I didn't come off as criticizing. My only agenda is getting the right information out there so we can finally bring this man home. I am working on several different avenues to clarify exactly what event occurred at the Lakewood Amphitheatre that night. i will keep you updated.

The dragon I think is a cover up, either a bad one or a work in progress. The wings look like that of a bat or a gargoyle and you can follow the lines on the right side (viewers right) behind the dragon as if the dragon was laid out on top of the wings. I'll bring the tattoos on my tablet this week to a local shop and see what a tattoo artist thinks.

I'm also curious what his 4th tattoo looks like. The globe surrounded by letters.

*Sent from an Etch-a-Sketch*

The dragon I think is a cover up, either a bad one or a work in progress. The wings look like that of a bat or a gargoyle and you can follow the lines on the right side (viewers right) behind the dragon as if the dragon was laid out on top of the wings. I'll bring the tattoos on my tablet this week to a local shop and see what a tattoo artist thinks.

I'm also curious what his 4th tattoo looks like. The globe surrounded by letters.

Yeah, I don't see how those wings can possibly belong to the twisty dragon. They're in the wrong place at the wrong angle.

This may be just an interesting coincidence or not but the band Kyuss's most popular album at the time was called 'Welcome To Sky Valley' and released in 1994. (Their fourth and final studio album - which was not a commercial success - was released just 9 days before John Doe's accident and three months before the band broke up). The second track on 'Sky Valley' was a psychedelic/metal instrumental titled 'Asteroid'. I was listening to that song and thinking about the tattoo of the flaming asteroid on this Doe's hand.

I applied a salt & pepper filter to reduce skin glare, I adjusted the lighting, and I corrected the white balance. I also resized the image to twice its size and added more pixels per inch. This gives us a little better look at this Chinese-style dragon tattoo.

dragon_tattoo.jpg

I am finding that there is all sorts of conflicting information regarding precisely what concert took place at Lakewood Amphitheatre on 7/20/95.

This web page says Kyuss played alone. http://thefade.net/oldsite/kyuss/kyuss.html
This web page for Reverend Horton Heat does not list 7/20/95 at all. http://www.reverendhortonheat.com/tourdates_past.php
This web page is from a couple who claims to have attended a White Zombie concert together at Lakewood on 7/20/95. https://redusc.wordpress.com/concerts/
And setlist.fm lists concert dates for Kyuss, Babes In Toyland, Rev. Horton Heat, and White Zombie but no actual set lists. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rever...akewood-amphitheatre-atlanta-ga-5bc52bdc.html

So I guess it's time to nail down exactly what happened that night at that amphitheatre.

Here's another source that says White Zombie was at Lakewood on 7/20/95.

http://www.metallipromo.com/wz.html

I don't know whether it's relevant, but Kyuss a character in an old role playing game.

Another possibility that occurred to me is that he was struck after one of the Grateful Dead concerts in March but the date on the file is wrong.

I don't know whether it's relevant, but Kyuss a character in a video game.

Dungeons and Dragons is a pen and paper RPG that goes back to the dawn of time. If you read the History section on the Kyuss wiki, you'll find its where their name came from.

Dungeons and Dragons is a pen and paper RPG that goes back to the dawn of time. If you read the History section on the Kyuss wiki, you'll find its where their name came from.

Okay, yes. I used video game when I should have said role-playing game. It was a long time ago and I was much younger then.

Thanks. I'll fix it. :D

Another possibility that occurred to me is that he was struck after one of the Grateful Dead concerts in March but the date on the file is wrong.

This is definitely a possibility. I find it strange that I can locate no record in Atlanta newspaper archives. I'll start looking at alternative dates.

Of course the only issue with this theory is that the Dead played the Omni Coliseum which was even further away from the scene of the accident than even Fulton County Stadium. From the Coliseum it was a 5 mile walk to the scene.

Hrm. The top of the tattoo looks like something noshing on some bones, a ribcage and skulls.

Here's another source that says White Zombie was at Lakewood on 7/20/95.

http://www.metallipromo.com/wz.html

And yet another source claiming to have attended a 1995 White Zombie concert at Lakewood Amphitheatre.

http://fandalism.com/marfu#!tab=Interview

What was the first concert you ever went to?
1995-Atlanta,Ga at Lakewood Amphitheater.Me Marty Roberts,Luke Drennen and Jimmy Carter went to see WHITE ZOMBIE.I can still feel the rumble of the speakers.That and the hanging fake bodies from the ceiling.

You know, it occurs to me that if there was a concert at that venue on July 20, 1995, White Zombie had to be involved. That's a 19,000-seat venue. Even at the height of their popularity I don't think Kyuss could've filled that place, and they weren't going to host a concert for a few thousand. I've got a phone call in to the GM of Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood. Hopefully they can confirm this 7/20/95 concert.

This is definitely a possibility. I find it strange that I can locate no record in Atlanta newspaper archives. I'll start looking at alternative dates.

Of course the only issue with this theory is that the Dead played the Omni Coliseum which was even further away from the scene of the accident than even Fulton County Stadium. From the Coliseum it was a 5 mile walk to the scene.

I don't know what the traffic flow is like in Atlanta, but around here the roads leading to the football stadium and the big concert venue can be backed up for 10 to 15 miles after an event. It's usually dark, everybody is in a hurry to get home, and it's especially bad around the remote lots with shuttle bus service where there are lots of people walking and not watching where they're going. Is there anything similar in the Atlanta area? It sounds like this Lakewood venue is too small to have that kind of problem. Would the Dead have drawn a larger crowd? What about a baseball game at Fulton County Arena?

I don't know what the traffic flow is like in Atlanta, but around here the roads leading to the football stadium and the big concert venue can be backed up for 10 to 15 miles after an event. It's usually dark, everybody is in a hurry to get home, and it's especially bad around the remote lots with shuttle bus service where there are lots of people walking and not watching where they're going. Is there anything similar in the Atlanta area? It sounds like this Lakewood venue is too small to have that kind of problem. Would the Dead have drawn a larger crowd? What about a baseball game at Fulton County Arena?

The 5 miles I thought was relevant because of the distance he had to walk. At best we're talking about an hour and a half of walking before trying to cross the highway. And it would make little sense for him to walk as far as he did to illegally cross I-75/85 where he did when he walked by a dozen opportunities to cross that highway safely on his journey from the Omni Coliseum or Fulton County Stadium. The only venue that makes any sense at all to the circumstances of the accident is Lakewood.

The 5 miles I thought was relevant because of the distance he had to walk. At best we're talking about an hour and a half of walking before trying to cross the highway. And it would make little sense for him to walk as far as he did to illegally cross I-75/85 where he did when he walked by a dozen opportunities to cross that highway safely on his journey from the Omni Coliseum or Fulton County Stadium. The only venue that makes any sense at all to the circumstances of the accident is Lakewood.

I meant if he had been dropped off nearby at a satellite lot by a parking shuttle. Which might not exist.

To Jack Straw: Thank you for supersizing the dragon tat. Would it be possible for you to also supersize the "Flaming Planet" and the "Virgo" tattoos as well?

To Jack Straw: Thank you for supersizing the dragon tat. Would it be possible for you to also supersize the "Flaming Planet" and the "Virgo" tattoos as well?

I can try. The only sources of those photos I can find are very low resolution though so I do not expect similar results. NamUs has a higher resolution version of the dragon tattoo that enabled me to work with it. The others are really low quality images. But I will give it a go.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back