Found Safe GA - B S,12, Hall County, 27 July 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Jul 29, 2016.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

2. Loading...

3. webweaved

webweaved Member

They say she is in extreme danger. :tears: Ive never seen them run soooooo many alerts! IF you see them, call 911 or anyone with information on Smith’s whereabouts is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office’s criminal investigations division at 770-531-6879 or dispatch at 770-536-8812

4. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

5. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

6. perfectingpink

7. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

I wonder what the circumstances were of the abduction since the mother saw her getting into the car at 2:30 am. Was she sneaking out? Was the mother inside the house and happened to hear something and couldn't stop her in time? Not much info available. I hope she is found soon.....she is so young.

8. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

Disgusting that grown men steal little girls. Where is his photo?

9. IGB74

IGB74 Member

I found arrest records for a man in Georgia with the same name that was charged with sexual exploitation of a minor, rape and battery a few years ago. Am I allowed to post the mugshot?

10. perfectingpink

I think I saw the same thing and I do not think it is him. This Steven has blond hair and blue eyes.

11. Greater Than

Greater Than <b><span style="color:#000099;">WS Senior Moderato

There is a discrepancy regarding the date she went missing. Her Amber Alert poster lists 7/29/16, but the Hall County Sheriff's Office linked to the article in the opening post that states she went missing on Wednesday, 7/27. https://www.facebook.com/hallcountysheriff/

Today's date seems more logical, but it also seems unlikely the sheriff's office would link to an article with inaccurate information.

If anyone finds information clarifying this, please post. Thanks.

12. perfectingpink

13. Fireweed

Fireweed New Member

If the man who took her is her biological father, then it would not seem that she would be in "extreme danger" unless there is more to the story.

Why are there so few details? We need a photo of the man who took her and the license plate number of his car.

14. Fireweed

Fireweed New Member

15. perfectingpink

I am so glad they finally reported who he is!

16. Fireweed

Fireweed New Member

Why did it take them several hours to come out with that information? This whole thing is seriously lacking in details to the point where I am a little suspicious.

1. They only say that she is with a 31 year old man and that she got into a car with him at 2 in the morning.
    2. Because she is 12 and he is 31, I do not think that most people even considered he might be her father.
    3. Apparently no one has a photo of him. Yep. No one has a photo of this guy. Not a single one to share
    4. Additionally no one knows the exact make, model, year and plate number of this guy's car.

I cannot wrap my head around Amber Alerts like this. What is the point of asking the public for help when LE is very clearly holding back information on purpose? It is so odd to me.

17. webweaved

webweaved Member

Yeah wow. Thanks everyone for picking up the info and poking around! Most appreciated. I was worried so sick about this lil baby girl! 12 is still a baby <3 :) That's shady LE work....because usually they throw out there its "custodial interference" UP FRONT. It lets the public know what they are dealing with. Its her own FATHER? Not once...I mean NOT ONCE did they ever mention a custody issue, a father...nothing like that. On this one they made it sound so EXTREME almost like an axe murderer had abducted her.....everyone was talking about it around town but I bet they roll their eyes and get annoyed when they learn we were a bit MISLED. I wish they wouldnt mislead bc I dont want people to become jaded to these alerts. Do we want her to come up, absolutely! But to me its exceptionally misleading and distasteful the way this was presented. I've never seen them go so overboard for a amber alert. Its broke into shows, its on the overpasses, its the most used I've ever witnessed for the state. My opinion. Sure she needs to come home but they had a lot of people all upset thinking the WORSE of the WORSE and its her own father? "Extreme Extreme Danger" needs to be reserved for the...well strangers...the WORSE. SMH. Shady...I've never seen them go SO SO overboard for a custodial interference. Fingers crossed the sweet child comes home to her mother but SMH on the rest. I dont get it.

18. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Has anyone seen a middle name or initial for Steven Spires?

19. demetra

demetra Member

20. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

Maybe they don't immediately report a custody issue is because people think it will get resolved without their help and that a parent would never hurt their own child so it is not such a dire circumstance as a stranger abduction. This guy lost custody recently and took his kid. He may be a violent psychopath for all we know. Just because he is her dad doesn't make him safe but there is a different response by people when it is a custody issue versus a stranger.

Pray that he is not a monster and will return the child. Maybe her home life with mom wasn't so great and he was getting her out of there. Sometimes courts take too long for children who are being abused. We just do not know.

Pray that is all works out for the best for the child.

21. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'm not linking because I'm not 100% sure it's the same guy (pretty sure though), but a search of arrest records for Steven Spires returns a very worrisome arrest history for someone by the same name and age in a neighboring county in Georgia. Middle initial K.