GA GA - Becky Minish, 19, Augusta, 17 March 1987

The circumstances say the car had a flat when it was found: "One tire was flat, the door had been pried open and the steering column was smashed."

I suppose it could have gone flat while the car was sitting there, but it's a reasonable inference that she might have had a flat while driving, pulled over, and then either left the car willingly to get help for the tire or was taken from it forcibly.

Doe Network Becky Annette Minish Circumstances of Disappearance
Minish was last seen around St. Patrick's Day in 1987 as she left her job at a fast-food restaurant on Wrightsboro Road. Her car was found a few days later at the Wrightsboro Road exit of Bobby Jones Expressway. One tire was flat, the door had been pried open and the steering column was smashed. There's a very strong suspicion of foul play.

"...strong suspicion of foul play.." Duh. The question is, what is being done about it? Were any suspects ever identified?

So sad. I pray they find out what happened to her soon.

Who is Carrie Sutherland and why on earth would they change her name?

Bump for Becky.
Did anyone get an answer to the name change?
DNA now in NAMUS but tests not complete.

From above -
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) -- Richmond County deputies and GBI officials have begun an investigation after human remains were found near Augusta.

According to a press release, Richmond County Deputies, Investigators and Crime Scene Units, responded around 9:30 a.m. to a wooded area between Douglas Bernard Parkway and Gordon Highway regarding human remains and bones.

Any word on the remains? I still wonder why the name change.

Hi all, couple things:
As far as I can tell, there is still no update on the remains found by the Brick Ponds. I haven't seen anything in the Augusta Chronicle at least that mentions an identification.

Carrie Sutherland has never bothered to respond to my emails or call about a separate NamUs case either. She has a .edu email so I don't know what her role really is at NamUs.

I think you all may have the events wrong. She was not on her way home from work the day she disappeared. According to an article in the Augusta Chronicle on 6/4/87, she was with PI #1 (Person of Interest) at his house last. She left him to meet PI #2, a man from Florida at a motel whose fake Florida address was found both in her car and logged at the hotel, and was due to return to PI #1's house afterwards and did not. Then there is a PI #3, who I assume to be the ex-husband but who has never been mentioned in the news. She was only 19 when she disappeared, it is possible that NamUs just has her name wrong. They have several other cases with incorrect information.

This is the first time I am hearing about 3 men involved in this case. What are their names and can you link the article?

Hi Scriptgirl, I wish I could post a link to the article. I had to pay to use the archive at the Augusta Chronicle for it. You can access it there though. They have 20 articles about her in the archive. The only name included in the news was the name of the friend she was last seen with who stated she left his house and did not return, Jon Oates.

Hi all, couple things:
As far as I can tell, there is still no update on the remains found by the Brick Ponds. I haven't seen anything in the Augusta Chronicle at least that mentions an identification.

Carrie Sutherland has never bothered to respond to my emails or call about a separate NamUs case either. She has a .edu email so I don't know what her role really is at NamUs.

I think you all may have the events wrong. She was not on her way home from work the day she disappeared. According to an article in the Augusta Chronicle on 6/4/87, she was with PI #1 (Person of Interest) at his house last. She left him to meet PI #2, a man from Florida at a motel whose fake Florida address was found both in her car and logged at the hotel, and was due to return to PI #1's house afterwards and did not. Then there is a PI #3, who I assume to be the ex-husband but who has never been mentioned in the news. She was only 19 when she disappeared, it is possible that NamUs just has her name wrong. They have several other cases with incorrect information.

carrie.sutherland@unthsc.edu is what I have. She is notorious for not replying.

My advice would be to contact Todd Matthews J.Todd.Matthews@unthsc.edu; j.toddmatthews@gmail.com or hit him up on facebook messenger.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back