Found Safe GA - Blaise Barnett, 1, sitting in car when stolen, later found abandoned, Clarkston, 10 Nov 2021

Blaise Barnett: 5 things to know about missing 1-year-old

Blaise’s mother, Deonna Bray, said the SUV theft happened in just 30 seconds.

“We got home maybe around 1 or 1:06, 1:10 maybe, we dropped our nephew at the house and the stuff that we had and we came back outside to get my baby, but as we come back outside, the car wasn’t out here. And he wasn’t out here,” Bray said. “It [the SUV] wasn’t running, it was unlocked because he was doing a quick trip so it wasn’t like he was in the house for too long, but the keys weren’t in the ignition at all. It was in the cupholder.”..........

............Authorities are continuing their search for the boy Thursday, and Blaise’s family and friends vow to keep searching and praying for his safe return.......

.........Searchers are circulating a flyer with the little boy’s face on it to neighborhoods in the area........
It’s not beyond the realm of possibility to describe it as mum did BUT it’s certainly very unusual to point out the car missing before her son as she did in this account which she stated in her press interview :
BBM
“We got home maybe around 1 or 1:06, 1:10 maybe, we dropped our nephew at the house and the stuff that we had and we came back outside to get my baby, but as we come back outside, the car wasn’t out here. And he wasn’t out here,”

another question i have is if you are 30 seconds away wouldn't you hear the car ignition start ??? and if you did wouldn't you run as fast as possible which would
allow you to at least see the car driving away??

I definitely think they'd hear it. Maybe not with new vehicles, some of them are whisper quiet..but a 2002 explorer? Yeah, that's not going to be quiet. I drive a 2012 sedan and it's not quiet at all. And at that time, I imagine it would be fairly quiet out - and that much more noticeable. IMO

Last edited:
Also, I apologise if I have missed this but two more questions:
1. Have LE conducted a search of the H/A? And if so, we’re any car keys found?
2. Who was driving the vehicle? Mum? Or Dad?

It’s not beyond the realm of possibility to describe it as mum did BUT it’s certainly very unusual to point out the car missing before her son as she did in this account which she stated in her press interview :
BBM
“We got home maybe around 1 or 1:06, 1:10 maybe, we dropped our nephew at the house and the stuff that we had and we came back outside to get my baby, but as we come back outside, the car wasn’t out here. And he wasn’t out here,”
Yes, it’s like an afterthought to her. If you come out and find your toddler and car missing, what will you focus on?
What will you tell first?
When someone uses “but” in a sentence, it invalidates the rest of the sentence: so she knows the car was not there. The rest she struggles to add, it seems.

A thought experience could be: if you wanted to stage a scene and leave a car.. What time a day would you do it? And if you would have to walk back yourself, how far would you drive it?

This timeline shows an update at 10:20 AM this morning which says they weren’t bringing in bags of groceries but instead it was bags of clothes. Apparently it was a miscommunication with the police?

Missing Blaise Barnett in Clarkston Georgia | Timeline, Updates | 11alive.com

So that very conveniently removes the question of which grocery store and if they might have been on camera.

This timeline shows an update at 10:20 AM this morning which says they weren’t bringing in bags of groceries but instead it was bags of clothes. Apparently it was a miscommunication with the police?

So that very conveniently removes the question of which grocery store and if they might have been on camera.

It confuses me because in the video interview with mom - she starts to say "groceries" and then says "bags."

Timeline of Blaise Barnett's disappearance

Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2021

1:06 a.m. - Family members tell 11Alive that they were returning home from when the dad brought the nephew and some groceries inside the apartment. He said he left the keys in the cup holder of the car when he went outside. They said "30 seconds later" they came out and the car was gone.

5:18 a.m. - An official Amber Alert is sent to Georgia residents.

6:45 a.m. - On 11Alive Morning News, Blaise's mother, Deonna Bray pleaded with whoever took the child to return him safely. She said not to get irritated with him if he's crying.

11 a.m. - The vehicle is located behind a condo complex along Memorial College Avenue. The baby and the car seat are not inside, but a blanket is, according to police. They say they have no suspect.

12:30 p.m. - The vehicle is at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) headquarters.

2:30 p.m. - The Clarkston Police Department's Public Information Officer said there is no new information and they have no viable leads. He said they have active searches going on throughout the area with the help of GBI, FBI, and Dekalb County local agencies.

Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021

5:26 a.m. - Sgt. Dustin Bulcher said there are no new updates and "nothing has changed since the last update."

10:20 a.m. - Blaise's mother, Deonna Bray, is seen leaving Clarkston Police Department. She told our cameras that "We're just waiting." In a conversation with 11Alive News reporter Brittany Kleinpeter, she said there was a miscommunication with police and that they weren't bringing in groceries, but they were bringing in bags of clothes.

I said this yesterday after moms interview, she said bringing bags in, not grocery bags. Maybe diaper bag or maybe overnight bag for the nephew.

Not that I necessarily believe the account as given.

BBM
I agree it's a bit disconcerting but in one of her first interviews she did say it the other way around.

"......He just was making a quick trip, you know to the house, because it's right there. So the car....we were able to still see the car. Maybe 30 seconds he was in there. He came, you know, tried to come back to get Blaise and then Blaise wasn't out here. The car wasn't either."

Timeline of Blaise Barnett's disappearance

Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2021

1:06 a.m. - Family members tell 11Alive that they were returning home from when the dad brought the nephew and some groceries inside the apartment. He said he left the keys in the cup holder of the car when he went outside. They said "30 seconds later" they came out and the car was gone.

5:18 a.m. - An official Amber Alert is sent to Georgia residents.

6:45 a.m. - On 11Alive Morning News, Blaise's mother, Deonna Bray pleaded with whoever took the child to return him safely. She said not to get irritated with him if he's crying.

11 a.m. - The vehicle is located behind a condo complex along Memorial College Avenue. The baby and the car seat are not inside, but a blanket is, according to police. They say they have no suspect.

12:30 p.m. - The vehicle is at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) headquarters.

2:30 p.m. - The Clarkston Police Department's Public Information Officer said there is no new information and they have no viable leads. He said they have active searches going on throughout the area with the help of GBI, FBI, and Dekalb County local agencies.

Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021

5:26 a.m. - Sgt. Dustin Bulcher said there are no new updates and "nothing has changed since the last update."

10:20 a.m. - Blaise's mother, Deonna Bray, is seen leaving Clarkston Police Department. She told our cameras that "We're just waiting." In a conversation with 11Alive News reporter Brittany Kleinpeter, she said there was a miscommunication with police and that they weren't bringing in groceries, but they were bringing in bags of clothes.

It's interesting that they highlighted her statement about his crying. MOO.

I see in this quote, she again places herself upstairs. At least she's consistent on that aspect.

"That's when someone jumped into the unlocked vehicle and drove off, with Blaise inside, authorities said.

"I ran downstairs and I'm like, 'No, not my baby, no,'" Deonna Bray, the child's mother, told the local ABC station

I see in this quote, she again places herself upstairs. At least she's consistent on that aspect.

"That's when someone jumped into the unlocked vehicle and drove off, with Blaise inside, authorities said.

"I ran downstairs and I'm like, 'No, not my baby, no,'" Deonna Bray, the child's mother, told the local ABC station WSB......
Was their apartment an upstairs apartment or was it a 2 story apartment and she was upstairs inside the apt? I haven't see this clarified anywhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back